Most exciting player to watch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nd0606 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:23 am

Sizer did just have a 25 point night with 11 rebounds (i think) against a good Lamoure team.
nd0606
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 am

Bakkum and the Packineaus are exciting to watch because of their long range shooting, and its exciting to watch ironheart drive the lane and create for his teammates
Last edited by AandBfan on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby nc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 am

I would have to say that seth nichols from dp is an exiting player to watch. He is one athletic player he can hit the outside shot and is a tremendous post player. He has a little fadeaway and with a height of 6' 4" it is hard to stop.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

nc wrote:I would have to say that seth nichols from dp is an exiting player to watch. He is one athletic player he can hit the outside shot and is a tremendous post player. He has a little fadeaway and with a height of 6' 4" it is hard to stop.

He is also a good defender having about 5 blocks per game. He doesnt get into foul trouble because he is tall and has long arms to block the shot. It was said the lorenz was the best defender and nichols put 30 points 11 rebounds and 8 blocks against them in the regular season.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby West Dakota » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Well I decided to run over to Linton last night and photograph the games. Now I get to quite a few class A and B games from Bismarck west, and I'm glad I went to Linton.

Mark Bakkum is the most talented player I've seen this season, no question about it, class A or B.

Heck I haven't seen someone with that complete of an all around game in quite some time.

Now it might have been because of the competition he faced vs Ashley. Or maybe he was having an exceptional night, like I said this was my first time seeing him play.

But if he wanted to there was no question he could have had 50-60 points, he simply scored at will. He seems to do everything very well also and his passing is some of the best I've seen. I sure wish everyone could see him play. There isn't a player in region 7 that comes close to his talent ability, he will make some college a very nice player.And that freshman Adam Randall is simply outstanding for his age and will be fun to watch in the future.
By the way if you know any of the players in that district tourney I took over 500 photos and will have them up on the site in a couple days.
Last edited by West Dakota on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:29 pm

Well the competition had very little to do with it. Bakkum is like that night in and night out. 5 feet from behind the the arc doesn't phase him at all. The guy can do anything on the court.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 pm

i remember the first time i saw bakkum play...at first i wasn't impressed with the deep three-pointers...i thought he was showing off. but the more i've watched him, the more i've seen him hit the shot consistently...and it is as much apart of his game as a jumper from the free throw line off a pick and roll is for lamoure's ben holen.

i think until you see him play you can't really appreciate him.

i haven't seen many players from other regions this year, but it certainly gives me pause when i hear someone that sees region 7 constantly call him a better player than anything offered out west. good food for thought stuff.
Last edited by rep on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby bballer2 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:56 pm

rep wrote: jumper from the free throw line off a pick and roll is for lamoure's ben holen.

THING OF BEAUTY!!! most beautiful jump shot in the state
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:58 pm

bballer2 wrote:
rep wrote: jumper from the free throw line off a pick and roll is for lamoure's ben holen.

THING OF BEAUTY!!! most beautiful jump shot in the state

Have to agree.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:32 pm

the only problem i can see with Bakkum being as good as he is is that his teammates might jsut stand and watch him do his thing.  i wanst able to watch the Napoleon game in districts and maybe thats why they lsot but the games i have seen they havent stood and watched at all from what ive seen. that is a big part of why they are 18-2 and being talked about as possible region champs.....im gonna have to say they have the more difficult of the 2 brackets though haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys