Top coaches in the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:46 am

ndspectator07 wrote:[font=comic sans ms]Not at all, I would say that it will either be Linton, or Lamoure, but of course, I am going for Linton.  Remember the region final between Linton and Lamoure in 2004? What a game that was.  Looked like Lamoure had it in the bag the first half until Linton turned it around the second half and won it.  That's one game I will never forget.[/font]

wasnt it just last year that PBK beat LaMoure on a last second 3 from Florhaug? LaMoure got the Linton monkey off their back last night...can they make it out of the Region? My money say's they won't.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:58 am

yes it was last year florhaug hit it and lamoure beat linton last year too at linton
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:05 am

ndspectator07 wrote:[font=comic sans ms]Not at all, I would say that it will either be Linton, or Lamoure, but of course, I am going for Linton.  Remember the region final between Linton and Lamoure in 2004? What a game that was.  Looked like Lamoure had it in the bag the first half until Linton turned it around the second half and won it.  That's one game I will never forget.[/font]

Little history for you guys out there. When LaMoure and Linton played in the regular season in 2004, the game was each teams last game and it was  in LaMoure and Linton lost by more then they did last night....
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:09 am

Hate to tell ya but I think Steele is just as big of favorite as Linton and LaMoure. When Steele and Linton played, Linton dominated Steele. When LaMoure and Steele play, Steele dominated LaMoure. When Linton and LaMoure played, LaMoure dominated Linton. You take your pick.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:10 am

[url=/users/1515.html]baller01[/url] wrote:
[url=/users/1953.html]ndspectator07[/url] wrote:
[font=comic sans ms]Not at all, I would say that it will either be Linton, or Lamoure, but of course, I am going for Linton.  Remember the region final between Linton and Lamoure in 2004? What a game that was.  Looked like Lamoure had it in the bag the first half until Linton turned it around the second half and won it.  That's one game I will never forget.[/font]

Little history for you guys out there. When LaMoure and Linton played in the regular season in 2004, the game was each teams last game and it was  in LaMoure and Linton lost by more then they did last night....

i think the game was in linton and lamoure lost a close one in 2004.
basketballer

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 am

basketballer wrote:[url=/users/1515.html]baller01[/url] wrote:
[url=/users/1953.html]ndspectator07[/url] wrote:
[font=comic sans ms]Not at all, I would say that it will either be Linton, or Lamoure, but of course, I am going for Linton.  Remember the region final between Linton and Lamoure in 2004? What a game that was.  Looked like Lamoure had it in the bag the first half until Linton turned it around the second half and won it.  That's one game I will never forget.[/font]

i think the game was in linton and lamoure lost a close one in 2004.

Not that you mention that, maybe it was 2003. 2006 it was in Linton, 05 Lamoure, 04 Linton, 03 LaMoure. Maybe it was 2003 that Linton lost in Lamoure by a lot and then beat them in regionals. Sorry I had my years confused.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:29 am

didnt Linton beat LaMoure in the first game of the new Loboe gym? 2005?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:31 am

[url=/users/26.html]point/center[/url] wrote:
didnt Linton beat LaMoure in the first game of the new Loboe gym? 2005?

ya.

Last edited by basketballer on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby point/center » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:33 am

Lamoure won?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:39 am

[url=/users/26.html]point/center[/url] wrote:
Lamoure won?

no... my bad they lost by a lot.
basketballer

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 am

I stand corrected, it was 2003 that Linton lost big time (20+)  to LaMoure in LaMoure and then ended up beating them in regionals.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby berry186 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:48 am

lamoure beat edgeley first game new gym and lamoure beat linton bad because carr was sick but i still think lamoure would have won that game
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndspectator07 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:02 am

[font=comic sans ms]yeah, during the regular season was when the Carr kid was sick, but in the regionals was when Linton was down so far in the first half, and in the second half, they shut that Holen kid down so he couldn't score and came back to win the regional championship, and yes, that one was in 2004[/font]

[user=891]berry186[/user] wrote:
lamoure beat edgeley first game new gym and lamoure beat linton bad because carr was sick but i still think lamoure would have won that game
ndspectator07

Postby Privdog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:36 pm

I think the top coaches in the state are Gregg Grinsteinner from Dickinson Trinity, Rick Dufault and Bob Wheeling from Killdeer, Dave Nelson from May Port CG, and Randy Johnson from Hazen.
Privdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teamrunngun » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:10 pm

rick smith has to be one of the best after all the talent that he lost from last years team and they are still like 16-1 this season
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:54 am

teamrunngun wrote:rick smith has to be one of the best after all the talent that he lost from last years team and they are still like 16-1 this season

not to take anyting away form smith, because he is a heck of a coach, but its not like after he lost last years seniors that he didn't have any talent. IH is amazing, and if you watched their JV last year you knew they would be good again this year.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 am

Any other up and coming coaches you guys have seen?
I agree that Dave Nelson, Carr, Grinnsteiner, and Carlson are definitely at the top - but what about some youngblood - I saw earlier someone mentioned Shane Robinson from M-Minto - any others?
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby C dock » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:18 am

WOW. MPCG does NOT recruit.  And the Baldwins don't have any family problems.  Dave Nelson is hands down a great coach.
C dock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
teamrunngun wrote:rick smith has to be one of the best after all the talent that he lost from last years team and they are still like 16-1 this season

not to take anyting away form smith, because he is a heck of a coach, but its not like after he lost last years seniors that he didn't have any talent. IH is amazing, and if you watched their JV last year you knew they would be good again this year.

Funny how the pollsters, media and everyone in the know didn't have FW as a top team in the preseason.  Yet, MPCG and DT were getting preseason love despite losing alot of players from last year.  Last night was a good example of a heck of coaching job Smith is doing.  No one has been able to solve L-M's 1-3-1 but FW shredded it thanks to excellent game plan the FW staff put together. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:53 pm

This FOUR WINDS TEAM is for REAL
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby undfightingsioux7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:47 pm

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
ohiostate31 wrote:Nate Monson from Carrington has really brought the team around. From being 9-12 and already being 12-5 that is a real impressive jump!!!

watching carrington play at last year's stutsman and watching carrington play at this year's stutsman were night and day comparissons.

hate to knock the other coach, but monson just seemed to be able to pull more ability or effort or something out of his kids...just him being the coach made them waaaay better.

Definitely agreed
undfightingsioux7
NDPreps Rookie

Postby whatsit2u » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:09 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

Funny how the pollsters, media and everyone in the know didn't have FW as a top team in the preseason.  Yet, MPCG and DT were getting preseason love despite losing alot of players from last year.  Last night was a good example of a heck of coaching job Smith is doing.  No one has been able to solve L-M's 1-3-1 but FW shredded it thanks to excellent game plan the FW staff put together. 
Yea I agree.  And I think anytime you loose 4 starters the 6th man and 7th man.  And coach a team to be rated number 1 in state is pretty darn good
whatsit2u
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys