No. 8 Steele-Dawson vs. No. 10 Linton

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:07 pm

point/center wrote:i can help you out even more. :Dit's not on 660 in Williston. 1460 KLTC in Dickinson or 790 in Fargo

i bet minot's coppin out too :headbang:
rep

Postby rep » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:29 pm

yokay...this is what i know: linton 71, steele-dawson 64

linton was up 46-26 at halftime. bakkum had 13 points and fouled out...randall had 20-something.

schneider had 19 and bosch had 18 for linton.

anyone else have any other details, accounts of the game?
rep

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:59 pm

linton lead wire-to-wire.  jumped out to an early 10 point lead and steele played a lil sloppy while linton didnt miss the 1st half.  send half steele came around and chipped away, randall took the game over in the 4th but it was too little too late.  bakkum struggled a little bit from the outside but nick lang hit a few 3s int he first half to keep it somewhat close.  steele went on a run late in the 4th to make it a 7 point game but was 12-15 the whole game basically.  im looking forward to districts to see what happens again
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:27 pm

story of the game....

bakkum did not show up... other players had a heck of a game... nick lang... adam randall.... tony larson.... jason stroh... jake stroh... all stepped up and did what was needed to be one with there standpoint... bakkum did not do anything tonight and you have to give credit to lintons d and dan carr's once again phenomal coaching job...

linton played a very nice game on both sides of the court... shot the ball very well... and scored almost at will... the score was a lot closer than the game... linton had the game from the tip off...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDdominator » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:23 pm

With a game like this and behavolek putting up numbers like he did does this put bakkum out of the running for sure of the mr. basketball award
NDdominator

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:05 am

NDdominator wrote:With a game like this and behavolek putting up numbers like he did does this put bakkum out of the running for sure of the mr. basketball award

Wow, not a chance. Bakkum has one bad game, probably the worst of his career, and that takes him out of contention for Mr.Basketabll? Not a chance. He might have only scored 13 points, but its his ability to get other players shots. Even though he only had one 3-pointer, he was responsible for the other guys 3s. He just couldn't buy a basket, but he was still the reason that his teammates got good looks. Of course he is still a Mr. Basketball canidate...he will probably go for 30 next time.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 am

NDdominator wrote:With a game like this and behavolek putting up numbers like he did does this put bakkum out of the running for sure of the mr. basketball award

what if a team puts a triangle and 2 on Behavolek and he only puts up 7,  i suppose he shouldnt even make all WDA?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:07 am

baseball wrote:

what if a team puts a triangle and 2 on Behavolek and he only puts up 7,  i suppose he shouldnt even make all WDA?

this might be just me but if they were gonna chase one player i would think they would play a box and 1 not a triangle and 2 but i guess i dont know
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:55 am

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball wrote:

this might be just me but if they were gonna chase one player i would think they would play a box and 1 not a triangle and 2 but i guess i dont know

this might just be me but a player as great as behavolek i dont tihnk would have the greatest difficulty getting by 1 defender in a chase.  thats y i said triangle and 2 and not a box and 1, i dont know.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:50 am

baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
baseball wrote:

this might just be me but a player as great as behavolek i dont tihnk would have the greatest difficulty getting by 1 defender in a chase.  thats y i said triangle and 2 and not a box and 1, i dont know.

st marys did both of them and he had 20 i think

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:52 am

wow st marys did that??? whoa he is a god.

back on topic, im looking forward to hopefully a rematch in the district championship. 
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 am

baseball wrote:wow st marys did that??? whoa he is a god.

back on topic, im looking forward to hopefully a rematch in the district championship. 

k i did not call him a god or anything and any team can play good defense defense is all about effort

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:50 pm

He still is a candidate but in comparison in what is possibly the hardest game up to this point on S-D schedule he comes up short and in belohavek's tough games he comes up huge but there is some season left but the top 3 candidates are arguable in class A w/ bakkum and lorenz being 4 and 5 not necessarily in that order
NDdominator

Postby bballer2 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:51 pm

he never was ahead of those guys and ya he did come up short big time... so to say he dropped out... i dont believe he was ever in it... as for behlovic he also was never below bakkum... hes had an amzing season... great player
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:18 am

Looks like Linton is rolling with a solid win over Shiloh Christian last night 57-50...... Thats pretty impressive when you hold them to 50
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:42 am

Claz B Fan wrote:Looks like Linton is rolling with a solid win over Shiloh Christian last night 57-50...... Thats pretty impressive when you hold them to 50

Bryce Weber and Kirk Praus are playing tremendous defense for the Lions. They each rotated on Bakkum the night before, helping hold him to 13. Last night Praus guarded Friesen and held him to 14 and Weber guarded Dwyer and held him to 2. Prior to that game I think Friesen was averaging 22 a game and Dwyer 16. Those two are playing unbelievable defense.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 pm

ndspectator07 wrote:[font=comic sans ms]I agree, Purinton is NOT well liked by the students in Linton, but a good athlete, yes, he could have followed in Tyler Fettig's footsteps.  Don't have to be on a "winning" team to get further than high school sports.  And yes arrogance is a good word for him. Must run in the family as the next Purinton in line is even worse.[/font]

seriously, you are critisizing a high school kid.

A FREAKING KID.

rep

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:48 pm

rep wrote:
ndspectator07 wrote:[font=comic sans ms]I agree, Purinton is NOT well liked by the students in Linton, but a good athlete, yes, he could have followed in Tyler Fettig's footsteps.  Don't have to be on a "winning" team to get further than high school sports.  And yes arrogance is a good word for him. Must run in the family as the next Purinton in line is even worse.[/font]

seriously, you are critisizing a high school kid.

A FREAKING KID.

how aobut instead of complaining aobut other kid getting playing time ahead of your son, have your son make the trips to the weight lifting days in the summer and maybe he'd play too
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby u no it » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:14 pm

wat are u guys crying about?????

Last edited by u no it on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u no it

Previous

Return to Boys