Mid-Season Region picks across the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Flyer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:49 pm

Watford actually took a lost to Parshall in the regional 3rd and 4th place game in

2004-05 season..But I also wouldn't say that they owned them last year with all those close games..
Flyer

Postby fightingsioux20 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 pm

cubsfan how do you have Lamoure winning region 3 right now steele and linton are playing way better
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:27 pm

the way lamoure played tonight...id say they can beat anyone.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby fightingsioux20 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:35 pm

they played BCN at their home court all you have to do is shut down Sizer
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:52 pm

the way linton shot tonight and with the whole team back they looked unbeatable.....its gonna be interesting between Lamoure, Linton and Steele
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:22 pm

SCC wrote:
SCC wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:the seeds will matter some because the two teams that get the number 1 seeds get the weak team from the other district, probably park river and maybe central valley/larimore?  second and third get a tough game to start tournament but i've seen teams place 4th in the district go on and make it to the region championship game (2000 north border) - we beat thompson (joe jones senior year) and then the walhalla eagles in the last matchup of the bandits and eagles.  regardless, I can't wait for regionals this year

The only problem is that CV and Larimore are no slouches.  The four teams going into regionals from each district may not end up in the order everyone thinks they should.

Larimore beat MPCG in OT tonight.
jeez looks like region II has more parity then college basketball with all these upsets... districts/regionals for region 2 teams are going to be as good as they have been in a long time
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Hatton-Northwood beat Thompson tonight too...72-53
NBE2007

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm

P-town Brave wrote:Parshall to win 8 hands down they own wc just like they did last year and year after that.   Its goin to be Parshall and 4 winds in the state title game. Thats my pick

You should not be allowed to post on this site ever after that comment....Thats is the worst post I have ever seen on here....I will guarantee u there is no chance of those two teams being in a state title match up...too many darn good teams down in region 7 with Beulah,Trinity,Hazen,Killdeer...which ever team out of that region goes to state would beat both those 2 teams right now and plus I bet Watford beats Parshall this year to go to state!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:01 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
P-town Brave wrote:Parshall to win 8 hands down they own wc just like they did last year and year after that.   Its goin to be Parshall and 4 winds in the state title game. Thats my pick

You should not be allowed to post on this site ever after that comment....Thats is the worst post I have ever seen on here....I will guarantee u there is no chance of those two teams being in a state title match up...too many darn good teams down in region 7 with Beulah,Trinity,Hazen,Killdeer...which ever team out of that region goes to state would beat both those 2 teams right now and plus I bet Watford beats Parshall this year to go to state!

region 7 is overrated IMO, but those teams are very good however, i dont feel that any of them teams is any better than the top teams in most other regions.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 am

right now linton has to be the favorite from region 3
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:07 am

sodadrinker wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

region 7 is overrated IMO, but those teams are very good however, i dont feel that any of them teams is any better than the top teams in most other regions.
Can I ask you why you think that region 7 is overrated? Have you even seen any of these teams play? I gaurantee that if any one of region 7's top 5 teams were in any other region in the state, everyone would be talking about them. Killdeer, Hazen, Trinity, and Beulah (although many people think they are extremely overrated) would be the #1 team in any region in the state.
letsgosox

Postby mitchstrand » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 am

I agree, Region 7 is STACKED.  People forget about South Heart and Richardton/Taylor, who would be competing for a region title in any other region.  It will be tough for R/T to GET to the region tournament, let alone win because there are four other teams ranked in state in their district.  Don't forget about South Heart, who will probably lock up their District Title unless Mott/Regent or Scranton, possibly Bowman pull off an upset.  I think that you put ANY team in CLass B in this region, having to beat at least two of these teams: Trinity, Hazen, Beulah, R/T, or Killdeer, they wouldn't advance to State tournament.  

With regards to who will be in the state championship.....whichever teams makes it out of this region will be the most battle tested team in the state by far, since whichever team will have had to play a team ranked in state at least 7 times if not more than 10 times this year.  So, region 7 definetly has the advantage there.  Region 7.......best region with the best teams BY FAR!!!
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:13 am

I'm not saying that Region 7 isn't good, but saying that any of the top five teams would be number one in any other region may be pushing it.
Last edited by ClassBballa on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:28 am

do you think that 4 teams out of one district in the top 10 is some sort of joke?? there is a reason for it, and there is a reason that some regions don't have anyone in the top ten. The west also has the LEAST amount of media coverage in the state, so if anything the teams would be underrated (usually they are, this year that is obviously not the case), while teams that get more media attention are often overrated. How often do you see Killdeer or Hazen highlights on the news? I think your opinion is a very undereducated one.
letsgosox

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 am

Did i ever say it was some sort of joke? And i never said anyting about media coverage. I'm not saying that the teams of Region 7 aren't good because they are, i simply said that saying any of the top five could go into any other region and be number one is a little hasty. In some regions they probably could, but to say they could in every region is a little rediculous. Other regions have at least one team that is as good or maybe even better than some of the teams in regon 7.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 pm

I agree with letsgosox, region 7 is a very good and competitive region.... The winner of this region will in fact be in the state title game.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:33 pm

I never said region 7 wasn't a very good and competitive region. I also never said that the winner of this region will not be in the state title game. I am only saying that other regions have teams that are also very good and you shouldn't count them out and say that the fifth best team in region 7 is better than the best team in every other region.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:37 pm

R7 does have some very good teams, but just because they have all been rated(and some of them very high up) doesnt mean anything. Its media based. There are some dandy teams in the state that could be in the "1" spot right now that just don't get the recognition. Being undefeated doesnt mean you deserve to be tops in the state. Kinda like SD getting beat last night, they were undefeated.......not saying they are a bad team at all........sometimes the records dont mean anything. Look at Ashley last year, they had a great record but where did that get them?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:24 pm

letsgosox wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

Can I ask you why you think that region 7 is overrated? Have you even seen any of these teams play? I gaurantee that if any one of region 7's top 5 teams were in any other region in the state, everyone would be talking about them. Killdeer, Hazen, Trinity, and Beulah (although many people think they are extremely overrated) would be the #1 team in any region in the state.

i havent seen them play but i have seen teams that played against them and played with them.  that doesnt tell it all but i do believe hazen and killdeer r very good teams and both of them could be number 1 in most other regions but there are way to many good teams around the state to say the top 5 would be 1 in the other regions.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:55 pm

feeshattack wrote:I agree with letsgosox, region 7 is a very good and competitive region.... The winner of this region will in fact be in the state title game.

i totaly agree with this statement, any team to come out of region 7 will be in the state title game. GUARANTEED. mark those words.
Ping Pong

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:42 pm

You can't guarantee anything. I know all of you are intelligent enough to know that once districts, regionals and state comes around, anything goes and usually does. first, who knows which team will come out of region 7. second, there really isn't a good comparison against the teams from the east. I've watched enough region 7 basektball this year, and all those teams have played very well, and then really bad. Hazen played like a jv team against Trinity, who played like a jv team against R-T. Beulah doesn't impress me all that much. Killdeer has 2 scorers. If they run up against a good defensive team like Hazen was on that particular night, they'll struggle. In the end, anything can happen. We may see region 7 in the 7th place game at state. It's all too unpredictable. The one thing that you can guarantee is that you can't guarantee what will happen at state.
ndfbfan

Postby letsgosox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:20 pm

i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.
letsgosox

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:34 pm

letsgosox wrote:i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.

what high is better then first round of state?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:36 am

baseball wrote:
letsgosox wrote:i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.

someone other than dickinson trinity winning the region 7 tournament...thats what
letsgosox

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:07 am

letsgosox wrote:
baseball wrote:

someone other than dickinson trinity winning the region 7 tournament...thats what
r u actually trying to say that the region 7 tourney is more important to them teams than the state tournement.  thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys