Mid-Season Region picks across the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:02 am

i was hopin for a shiloh christian FW game in the state championship last year, would've been the most entertaining championship game in a long time.  instead we got the least entertaining game with a good finish.  66 points combined in the championship? BOOOOOOO
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:30 am

if u thought last years championship game was boring, u r out of ur mind. good defense and an amazing finish. great game
Ping Pong

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:26 am

It was a great great game, no doubt. It was to slow for my taste though, especially for a championship game.
pacod

Postby NDdominator » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:24 am

Standing Rock and Center-Stanton should be a good region 5 game I don't know if they have already played?? but region 5 is always competitive so regionals should be fun can never count out shiloh christian or wilton
NDdominator

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:47 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:thats a good point but im sure by the time regionals roll around teams like cv and larimore wont be upsetting teams like they might early in the year.  for instance, park river crushed central valley, then central valley beats north border,  i am willing to bet that if north border or any of those teams won the district they would not come out slow and would prove how good they are.  grafton played larimore earlier this year and rolled them by about 25.  my only real opinion on this region is that the districts are going to be just as competitive as regionals and i dont think anyone knows who is going to go to state.

Great points! I think Thompson is out of the mix. Are they even .500 overall yet? I think M-M might be the team to beat. Their only losses were to H-N in OT the second game of the year and to Park River in the Park River Holiday classic. They revenged that loss by 30 a couple weeks later though at Park River. It is very tight though but if I was to give an edge it might be to them. Their game with grafton next week will tell us alot. They already beat them by 15 once and if they can do it again it shows consistancy.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:01 am

InTheKnow wrote:Great points! I think Thompson is out of the mix. Are they even .500 overall yet?

Recently they avenged their loss to Larimore and won again last night to put them finally at 7-5 I think.  I don't know if I would say anyone is out of the mix as there is some unpredictablility in that district and region.  Thompson still has the talent to beat anyone on a given night, I just don't know if they have some of the other qualities to go as far as they were originally predicted.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:15 am

SCC wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:if u thought last years championship game was boring, u r out of ur mind. good defense and an amazing finish. great game

Agreed.  Although I was rooting for MPCG, it was still a great game.

I don't know if I would say it was all good defense in that game, don't get me wrong there was plenty of it.  But, there was quite a few open shots just missed and a stretch of about 4 minutes were no points were scored in the second quarter i think.  I agree it was an amazing finish, a buzzer beater in the championship game is as exciting of a finish as there is.  Outside of the last shot, what in that game wasn't boring?  The last minute and a half was pretty exciting when harpestad caught fire and brought MPCG back with two huge shots but before that I doubt you were on the edge of you're seat like the game the year before. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:22 am

Anyone know any numbers on North Border players?
pacod

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 am

pacod wrote:Anyone know any numbers on North Border players?

Go to NDHSAA - athletics - boys bb.  You'll find stats for alot of teams.  Some don't update their stats.  NB's seems to be pretty up to date. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:17 am

InTheKnow wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:thats a good point but im sure by the time regionals roll around teams like cv and larimore wont be upsetting teams like they might early in the year.  for instance, park river crushed central valley, then central valley beats north border,  i am willing to bet that if north border or any of those teams won the district they would not come out slow and would prove how good they are.  grafton played larimore earlier this year and rolled them by about 25.  my only real opinion on this region is that the districts are going to be just as competitive as regionals and i dont think anyone knows who is going to go to state.

Great points! I think Thompson is out of the mix. Are they even .500 overall yet? I think M-M might be the team to beat. Their only losses were to H-N in OT the second game of the year and to Park River in the Park River Holiday classic. They revenged that loss by 30 a couple weeks later though at Park River. It is very tight though but if I was to give an edge it might be to them. Their game with grafton next week will tell us alot. They already beat them by 15 once and if they can do it again it shows consistancy.

M-M is probably the team to beat, they are doing what thompson and everyone else thought thompson would be doing, winning the games they are supposed to.  FYI - Justin Moe didn't play for PR during the blowout a few weeks ago. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbjay » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:10 am

P-town Brave wrote:Parshall to win 8 hands down they own wc just like they did last year and year after that.   Its goin to be Parshall and 4 winds in the state title game. Thats my pick

That brings up a good topic...does anyone know the state pairings as far as which region will play another region in the first round...in other words, is the bracket out yet or does anyone know the rotation?
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flyer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 am

Here are the State pairings:

[align=left]State Class B [/align]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]

[align=left]Region 4 vs. Region 7 [/align]

[align=left]Region 3 vs. Region 6 [/align]

[align=left]Region 2 vs. Region 5 [/align]

[align=left]Region 1 vs. Region 8 [/align]
[/font]What are everyones picks?? Pick the match ups for each game

Last edited by Flyer on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 am

i would say midway-minto, north border and mpcg are the front runners in my mind. There are not the only teams to watch but they are the teams to watch in their regions.
PA42

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:55 am

IMO Regions 4 and 7 are two of the strongest in the state, that should make for a very entertaining first game.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flyer » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:59 am

Those two team that come out of the region (4 + 7) play each other right away in the state b :shock:
Flyer

Postby pacod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:01 am

Who do you think will be coming out on top of region 4 and 7?
pacod

Postby thesports_guy32 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:15 am

four winds vs. hazen.... i'll take four winds in that match-up.
thesports_guy32

Postby pacod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 am

Well i still think its a toss-up in region 7, but Four Winds still has to get by L-M.
pacod

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:18 am

pacod wrote:Who do you think will be coming out on top of region 4 and 7?

LM and DT
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 am

[align=left]Dear Fellow Americans, [/align]

[align=left]         If all of you don't mind, I would like to give to you my 2007 State Boy's [/align]

[align=left]Basketball pairing predictions. They are as follows:[/align]

[align=left]Minnewauken/Leeds (4) versus Trinity (7) [/align]

[align=left]Linton (3) versus Westhope/Newburg (6)[/align]

[align=left]Park River HS (2) versus Turtle Lake-Mercer HS (5)[/align]

[align=left]Hankinson (1) versus Parshall (8)[/align]

[align=left]      I have based these predictions on my own personal opinion, along with the help [/align]

[align=left]of each team's record (NDHSAA.com). I would like to thank all of you for your time, [/align]

[align=left]and please give me your thoughts about not only my predictions, but what you think [/align]

[align=left]as well.[/align]

[align=left]                                                                                         Sincerely,                        [/align]

[align=left]                                                                                         Ping Pong                                                                                         [/align]
Last edited by Ping Pong on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ping Pong

Postby project-pat » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:03 am

haha, you can't put it better than that.
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:16 am

You know what SCC, perhaps you are in fact correct. I think that is a good pick. I guess we will have to see what comes of the rest of this season.
Ping Pong

Postby theghost » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:40 am

While i think that midway minto is  good team, i cant count out grafton, they are 10-3 and have only lost to north border, midway minto and park river...all of which were close games and the minto game their starting point guard was benched, they beat thompson, and hatton northwood.
theghost

Postby westpower » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:20 am

P-town Brave wrote:Parshall to win 8 hands down they own wc just like they did last year and year after that.   Its goin to be Parshall and 4 winds in the state title game. Thats my pick

well mr ptown brave  the year before the wolves beat parshall for third in region. and last year was no own job.  1 point in 2 OT     2pts in OT    and 4 in regulation. Hows that owning?

This year after watching wc handle newtown 96-61 i thnik here come the wolves

westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:14 pm

my picks for each region are as follows:

region 1-Lisbon

region 2-MPCG

region 3-Lamoure

region 4-Minnewaukan-Leeds

region 5-Standing Rock

region 6-Minot Ryan

region 7-Hazen

region 8-Watford City

my knowledge for some of these regions are not great so some of these predictions are just an educated guess
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys