Mid-Season Region picks across the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ping Pong » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:16 am

ok i guess a guarantee might be a litlle much, but region 7 is packed with great teams. i believe region 7 could have 4 or 5 state tourney-worthy teams and would probly alll be there if they were in other regions throughout the state. It's true that some of the great teams have been playing bad, but whoever wins the region will have to play excellent the whole tournament, and i belive that will carry over to the state tournament. thats basically what i meant.
Ping Pong

Postby letsgosox » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:04 am

sodadrinker wrote:
letsgosox[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=508]baseball"][quote="letsgosox wrote:i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.

what high is better then first round of state?

someone other than dickinson trinity winning the region 7 tournament...thats what[/quote]
r u actually trying to say that the region 7 tourney is more important to them teams than the state tournement.  thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard
DT has won the region every year since '99 I believe, but i could be wrong there. Another team making it out of the region is like a mid-major in college bball making it to the ncaa tourney, they are just happy to be there. I'm not saying that once another team makes it there, they will not play hard, but the high of slaying the dragon could make for a let down at state. Often times in sports when a team comes up with a huge win, there next game is mediocre. I believe that is a definate possibility with whoever comes out of region 7.
letsgosox

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:14 am

I agree with you, but if regoin 7 is as great and untouchable as some of these guys are trying to say, then the teams should be so good there shouldn't be any let down. When tourneys come anything can happen and anything usually does happen. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds but there is still quite a bit of basketball to be played before then. I hope all the teams stay healthy and play their best basketball when it comes to tournament time.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:33 am

I dont think there would be a letdown at state.  Since dickinson has gone every year since 99 wouldn't you think the team that beats them would try extra hard knowing it might be awhile till they get a chance to go back to state?  The teams in region 7 are chomping at the bit to get to state so to say there might be a letdown after all that wait and anticipation is probably  not correct
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:36 am

Region 5 is a toss up between standing rock and C-S i can't remember the last time they were a team to beat to get to state
NDdominator

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:51 am

NDdominator wrote:Region 5 is a toss up between standing rock and C-S i can't remember the last time they were a team to beat to get to state

I know C-S beat Shiloh but I think Shiloh could be a major factor come tournament time. They are very young which means they are going to be very inconsistent at times. If they start rolling come tourney time I think they could make some noise. They lost to C-S by 10 but Aman went off that game going for 31. I doubt next time he will do that.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ticket0115 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Not to be disrespectful or anything but you got to be kidding me. Turtle Lake is better then center 20 points if not more. Shiloh is to young. Turtle Lake and Standing Rock are the teams to beat. TL would Roll linton.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:01 pm

ticket0115 wrote:Not to be disrespectful or anything but you got to be kidding me. Turtle Lake is better then center 20 points if not more. Shiloh is to young. Turtle Lake and Standing Rock are the teams to beat. TL would Roll linton.

You might be right, they are a little young, maybe too young. I just think that they are so well coached and have the ability to score a lot of points very quickly that they have to be considered to be there at the end. Anytime you have a coach like Dwyer, you are going to be there at the end. I know TL has a great perimeter game in Malzer and Nelson, but do they have anything inside? I guess I don't know much on them.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 pm

It looks like Lamoure's starting to get it together in region 3
AandBfan

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:04 pm

AandBfan wrote:It looks like Lamoure's starting to get it together in region 3

I would agree with that. I figured they would start coming around this time of the year. If they play well, no one will beat them.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Looks like Watford City has to be the favorite to win region 8 with Parshall losing by 13 to New Town and two days before that WC handled NT pretty easy winning by 29.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the mask » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:56 pm

anyone got anything on region 1
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby indiandrumhopper » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:03 am

Four Winds boys for region 4
Last edited by indiandrumhopper on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
indiandrumhopper

Postby carolina blue » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:34 am

sodadrinker wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
baseball wrote:
letsgosox wrote:i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.

someone other than dickinson trinity winning the region 7 tournament...thats what
r u actually trying to say that the region 7 tourney is more important to them teams than the state tournement.  thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard

i recently graduated from trinity a few years ago and believe me, if you beat trinity anytime during the season, regular or postseason, that can be equilivant to winning a state championship. I have seen a couple celebrations by other teams that have beat trinity during the regular season and it seemed like they won the state championship. Here's an example, Hazen has in their locker rooms goals for the upcoming season and "Beat Trinity" is always towards the top.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am

indiandrumhopper wrote:Four Winds boys for region 4

Leeds-Minnewauken for region 4
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chachi_j2007 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am

I personally think that Sawyer will not only win there district but they will also make it deep in the state tourney.
chachi_j2007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bearsfan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 am

carolina blue wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
baseball wrote:
letsgosox wrote:i'm not guaranteeing that region 7 will be in the state title game. whatever team comes out of region 7 is going to be very worn out and may be coming off too much of a high to be able to perform at that high of a level at the state tournament also.

someone other than dickinson trinity winning the region 7 tournament...thats what

i recently graduated from trinity a few years ago and believe me, if you beat trinity anytime during the season, regular or postseason, that can be equilivant to winning a state championship. I have seen a couple celebrations by other teams that have beat trinity during the regular season and it seemed like they won the state championship. Here's an example, Hazen has in their locker rooms goals for the upcoming season and "Beat Trinity" is always towards the top.

I still don't know why everyone likes to bash Beulah.... last week they beat Center-Stanton(got votes), Linton (#8) and Killdeer (#2).  Cut them a break..... they are playing with a completely new lineup from last year.... only 1 returning starter.  They have lost 2 games this year..... WC and Hazen...... they have beat Turtle-Lake, Bottineau, Deslacs, RT...... and these teams have been rated or gotten votes at one time or another.  Watch out for them during regions!!
Bearsfan

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:09 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
indiandrumhopper wrote:Four Winds boys for region 4

Leeds-Minnewauken for region 4

4 winds or wells county
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:17 pm

It will be LM or 4 Winds, write that down. Wells is a good team but they need some more people to score. Tweed and Krahler can be stopped, and after that the rest of their guys are all around 3-7ppg.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:57 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:It will be LM or 4 Winds, write that down. Wells is a good team but they need some more people to score. Tweed and Krahler can be stopped, and after that the rest of their guys are all around 3-7ppg.

if it was only 2 players scoring 3-7 they would struggle but they have 5 guys in there and most team isolate their scorers which is what wells county does.  thats someone that gets their info from stats and not watchin the game and thats not always the best way to look at things.  wells county played both lm and 4 winds tough at their homes and couldve definately played better in both of the games.  if wells county doesnt get the respect they deserve and get taken for granted they will come out of the region. write that down
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:06 pm

tweed and krahler combine for 34 a night so where do their other 31 points a night come from???
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:06 pm

sodadrinker wrote:if it was only 2 players scoring 3-7 they would struggle but they have 5 guys in there and most team isolate their scorers which is what wells county does.  thats someone that gets their info from stats and not watchin the game and thats not always the best way to look at things.  wells county played both lm and 4 winds tough at their homes and couldve definately played better in both of the games.  if wells county doesnt get the respect they deserve and get taken for granted they will come out of the region. write that down

I watched LM vs WC. Krahler and Tweed both got shut down. LM won. FW shut down Tweed, Krahler scored upper teens, FW still won. Bottom line, if WC can't get scoring outside of these two they will struggle.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm

if tweed and krahler are shut down against either one of them teams and other players dont step up during the tournement ill never come on this site again
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:14 pm

sodadrinker wrote:if tweed and krahler are shut down against either one of them teams and other players dont step up during the tournement ill never come on this site again

Promise?:duel:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:if tweed and krahler are shut down against either one of them teams and other players dont step up during the tournement ill never come on this site again

Promise?:duel:
no, i cant back that up haha but the other players can score its just a matter of if they will step up when they are needed not that they cant do it
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys