Mid-Season Region picks across the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby indiandrumhopper » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:43 am

Bottom line WC got beat by a good team, no crying around now. 
indiandrumhopper

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:22 am

indiandrumhopper wrote:Bottom line WC got beat by a good team, no crying around now. 

they actually got beat by 2 good teams that they can play with and beat on the right night
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 am

look for wells county to make a big splash in the tournament
fruit snack

Postby indiandrumhopper » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:19 am

fruit snack wrote:look for wells county to make a big splash in the tournament

Ya were just going to have to wait and see.
Last edited by indiandrumhopper on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
indiandrumhopper

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:26 am

indiandrumhopper wrote:
fruit snack wrote:look for wells county to make a big splash in the tournament

Ya were just going to have to wait and see.

we will see.  wc is just as good as 4 winds and LM and if you dont think its true ask rick smith and ron carlson.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:47 am

I'll agree that WC is a good team, but I know LM didnt play anywhere close to where they were capable of after that first quarter, they quit being aggressive and let WC get right back into it. Not sure how the FW vs WC game went, I wasnt there. 

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I'll agree that WC is a good team, but I know LM didnt play anywhere close to where they were capable of after that first quarter, they quit being aggressive and let WC get right back into it. Not sure how the FW vs WC game went, I wasnt there. 

wells county played man in the first quarter and 1-3-1 zone after that and just simply out hustled leeds minn to get back into the game but leeds hit some big shots at the end of the game and wells didnt.  leeds has not only one, but 3 of the best 3 point shooters in the state.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND-SportsFan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:51 am

I am going to have to go with THS once again. I traveled up to Dickinson for the game with the miners and they just look to tough once again. With their coaching staff I believe they are the best team in the state once again.
ND-SportsFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:53 am

ND-SportsFan wrote:I am going to have to go with THS once again. I traveled up to Dickinson for the game with the miners and they just look to tough once again. With their coaching staff I believe they are the best team in the state once again.

one thing is for sure, they do have one of the best coaches in the state easily.  theyre always fundamentally sound.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am

sodadrinker wrote:wells county played man in the first quarter and 1-3-1 zone after that and just simply out hustled leeds minn to get back into the game but leeds hit some big shots at the end of the game and wells didnt.  leeds has not only one, but 3 of the best 3 point shooters in the state.

Yeah, they sat back against the 1-3-1 instead of attacking it. Maybe they werent expecting to see a zone, I have no idea. A win is a win though. The time to play your best ball is at tourney time, thats when it really matters.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:01 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:wells county played man in the first quarter and 1-3-1 zone after that and just simply out hustled leeds minn to get back into the game but leeds hit some big shots at the end of the game and wells didnt.  leeds has not only one, but 3 of the best 3 point shooters in the state.

Yeah, they sat back against the 1-3-1 instead of attacking it. Maybe they werent expecting to see a zone, I have no idea. A win is a win though. The time to play your best ball is at tourney time, thats when it really matters.

yes, hopefully 4 winds, leeds, and wells county all can play their best basketball during the region so we can see who the best team really is.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby indiandrumhopper » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Yes like I said were just going to have wait until they meet agian, but until then Four Winds has the edge on WC so stop crying around about who has the better team now.
indiandrumhopper

Postby fruit snack » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:49 pm

no body is crying.....hes probaly just sticking up for sum1 because you bash every other team but the indians
Last edited by fruit snack on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:48 pm

the mask wrote:anyone got anything on region 1

Lisbon and Hankinson have got to be the favorites to come out of region 1 right now.  Even though District 2 seems to have been the powerhouse in recent years, I think these two teams have the upper hand on the region right now.  Not saying that any other team can't knock them off, they just haven't proven that they can do it yet.  As far as District 2 is concerned, Oak Grove has got a pretty good team, along with Kindred and Richland has got some young talent.  Northern Cass and Central Cass looks like they are having very respectable seasons as well.  Here are my picks to make it to the regions:

District 1: Lisbon, Hankinson, North Sargent & Sargent Central(????)

District 2: Kindred, Oak Grove, Northern Cass & Central Cass

I'm not sure of the district standings and how everyone is sitting right now, but these seems to be the teams that are playing well.  What does everyone else think?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:32 pm

I've noticed that not too many people have weighed in on Region 7.  The "toughest in the state".

I have no idea on that one either but whoever comes out of there will be very ready for whatever the rest of the state will throw at them!

I feel sorry for District 13.  They are playing for 5th in the region :) !
xcolt90

Postby ClassBballa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:25 am

indiandrumhopper wrote:Yes like I said were just going to have wait until they meet agian, but until then Four Winds has the edge on WC so stop crying around about who has the better team now.

indiandrumhopper, i have yet to see you add anything intelligent or even related to basketball on this site. All you do is talk up FW and put down anyone who talks against them.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:41 am

ClassBballa wrote:
indiandrumhopper wrote:Yes like I said were just going to have wait until they meet agian, but until then Four Winds has the edge on WC so stop crying around about who has the better team now.

indiandrumhopper, i have yet to see you add anything intelligent or even related to basketball on this site. All you do is talk up FW and put down anyone who talks against them.

Good point, CBB.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:45 am

nativegolfer wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

Good point, CBB.

I agree, IDH!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 am

what are the times of the state tourney matchups for class b boys basketball? does anybody know? we have the matchups but do we have the times?
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys