Mid-Season Region picks across the state

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:45 pm

The season is about half over, where do we all stand with our previous picks?

That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby letsgosox » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:18 pm

region 7-killdeer upsets hazen in district 14 title game rematch
letsgosox

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:18 am

Four Winds over Leeds-Minn Region 2
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:19 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Four Winds over Leeds-Minn Region 2

How about Region 4 smart one
Last edited by WildWarrior on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:04 am

[font=tahoma]IMO IA u got the first part right!!:D[/font]
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:23 am

WildWarrior wrote:

My bad, Region 4!  Don't get lippy I know where you live!

What is your Opinion, You used to be a coach!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:03 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
WildWarrior wrote:

My bad, Region 4!  Don't get lippy I know where you live!

What is your Opinion, You used to be a coach!

I would agree that 4-winds has to be the favorite.  I have to admit tho after listening to the game on Monday it will be a very good district and region tourney
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:08 am

Four Winds is not THE favorite, the favoriteS are WC, LM and 4 Winds.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 am

Sorry Natural Talent, I should have had one of the favorites.  That was my intention
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:38 am

i dont know how good the regional tourney will be but personally i think when the region comes leeds-minn has the toughest tourney out of them, 4 winds, and WC assuming 4 winds and WC get the number 1 and 2 spots thru the district tourney becuz leeds will then have to beat both of those teams.  i believe who ever wins district 7 has an advantage over the other 2 for that reason
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Watcher 007 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:11 am

Let's go private school. Trinity Baby...All the way...

Last edited by Watcher 007 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 am

sodadrinker wrote:i dont know how good the regional tourney will be but personally i think when the region comes leeds-minn has the toughest tourney out of them, 4 winds, and WC assuming 4 winds and WC get the number 1 and 2 spots thru the district tourney becuz leeds will then have to beat both of those teams.  i believe who ever wins district 7 has an advantage over the other 2 for that reason

I would say that WC would be the Dark Horse on this one, not a favorite.  They were beat by both teams!  The Region is going to be between FW & Leeds - Minn. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flyer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:36 am

I would say it is between Parshall and Watford City in Region 8.
Flyer

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:44 am

[align=left]Region 2 is still as wide open as it was to start the year.  grafton, north border, midway minto, may port, thompson, hatton northwood are all contenders.  they are all beating each other when they play, should be one of the most competitive region tournaments in the state.  north border beats grafton, midway minto beats north border and thompson, north border beats thompson, hatton northwood and mayport split, i think thompson beat may port but not too sure yet.  i definitely dont think thompson is as feared a team as they were coming into the season, they haven't done anything to scare the other teams in the region of them [/align]
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbjay » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:47 am

Region 6 is wide open.....Velva, Dunseith, Westhope, Bottineau, Minot Ryan, Glenburn, Kenmare and DLB all have a chance to come out of that region....right now, I'd say either Ryan or Westhope
Last edited by bbjay on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 am

the seeds will matter some because the two teams that get the number 1 seeds get the weak team from the other district, probably park river and maybe central valley/larimore?  second and third get a tough game to start tournament but i've seen teams place 4th in the district go on and make it to the region championship game (2000 north border) - we beat thompson (joe jones senior year) and then the walhalla eagles in the last matchup of the bandits and eagles.  regardless, I can't wait for regionals this year
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:19 am

thats a good point but im sure by the time regionals roll around teams like cv and larimore wont be upsetting teams like they might early in the year.  for instance, park river crushed central valley, then central valley beats north border,  i am willing to bet that if north border or any of those teams won the district they would not come out slow and would prove how good they are.  grafton played larimore earlier this year and rolled them by about 25.  my only real opinion on this region is that the districts are going to be just as competitive as regionals and i dont think anyone knows who is going to go to state.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:25 am

In region 1 Lisbon will easaly run away with the title this year.  They should of had it last year to but the coach and the players lost their composier.  Although Hankinson is a good team they are and will not be ready for the speed and defense of Lisbon.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i dont know how good the regional tourney will be but personally i think when the region comes leeds-minn has the toughest tourney out of them, 4 winds, and WC assuming 4 winds and WC get the number 1 and 2 spots thru the district tourney becuz leeds will then have to beat both of those teams.  i believe who ever wins district 7 has an advantage over the other 2 for that reason

I would say that WC would be the Dark Horse on this one, not a favorite.  They were beat by both teams!  The Region is going to be between FW & Leeds - Minn. 

they also lost to both teams when they were on the road and no one would agree with me more tha u IA when i say that when 4 winds plays at home they have a huge advantage becuz of the crowd and they usually shoot the lights out.  like i said before i think whoever wins the district 7 tourney has the upper hand in the regional tourney becuz they will either play leeds or the number 2 team in the championship while leeds will have to beat both teams to make the state tourney.
Last edited by sodadrinker on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 pm

That is a GREAT point sodadrinker!!
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westpower » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 am

it will be parshall and watford but who will come out on top ........who knows
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:13 am

sodadrinker wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

they also lost to both teams when they were on the road and no one would agree with me more tha u IA when i say that when 4 winds plays at home they have a huge advantage becuz of the crowd and they usually shoot the lights out.  like i said before i think whoever wins the district 7 tourney has the upper hand in the regional tourney becuz they will either play leeds or the number 2 team in the championship while leeds will have to beat both teams to make the state tourney.

Does Leeds - Minn play in Leeds?  I hated playing at either one, Minn was tile floor.  No give at all, back usually hurt after those games.

I agree with you on the regionals.  The upper had would have to go to the winner of District 7.  It will be a close race in the region.  Should make for some awesome games
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:58 am

How is Parshall this year, they tough or tougher than last year?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 am

Parshall's pretty dang tough this year, the pack twins seemed to improve their game every year. They also have a couple of young players with some solid talent, Finley and Young Bird. You'll being hearing a lot about those kids the next couple years. If watford city doesn't step up your going to see parshall at the state tourney, no doubt. 
pacod

Postby P-town Brave » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:34 am

Parshall to win 8 hands down they own wc just like they did last year and year after that.   Its goin to be Parshall and 4 winds in the state title game. Thats my pick
P-town Brave
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys