What is the Rule on this?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:26 am

how old was the kid that did this?  not exscusing him for anything but if he was younger, freshmen/sophomore he can still try and make up for it.  If i was the coach i'd make him apologize in some way for his actions if he wanted to get on the court again
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:27 am

Junior
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:32 am

The Schwab wrote:I understand that kids make mistakes.....but if you would have seen this play in person i wonder if you would still think he deserves a second chance?

i was just going off that statement...not attacking you for being heartless or anything...he should be sat down, he should have it explained (probably loudly) that kind of thing isn't acceptable. if he understands it and never does it again, more power to him. if he doesn't learn that kind of thing isn't acceptable, he doesn't need to be apart of that team.
rep

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:34 am

Exactly....and that's kind of what i questioned.....i figured that the head coach would have been over there either talking(loudly) or yelling....just so that the fans from the other side could see that he wasnt going to tolerate that kind of behavior.....but he really didnt do that.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:09 pm

i see what you guys are saying but if i was coaching that kid im gonna take him out of the game and not say anything with 4 seconds left you can wait til you get in the locker room because if you yell at the kid you are gonna get way too many complaints from the parents and i think it is at that point in the game better for the coach to wait to yell at him noone outside your team really needs to see that also if it occured with say 5 minutes left i would be sending that player to the locker room so the other team knows you are not accepting that

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys