Four Winds vs. Leeds-Minn.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm

project-pat wrote:If i was a starter on FW, i would ask to get taken out in the 4th. I find no fun in blowouts and why risk the injury? I'm gonna laugh when one of those kids goes out for the rest of the year with an injury just because they are trying to break 100. I bet Smith will feel pretty proud of himself after that. And if a team killed my team by leaving in their starters the WHOLE game, i wouldn't even bother shaking hands because that would make me lose all respect for that group of kids.

you cant hold anything against the 4 winds players.  they are very professional on the court and its not their fault they are left in.  one of the greatest groups to play against in the state.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:47 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
project-pat wrote:If i was a starter on FW, i would ask to get taken out in the 4th. I find no fun in blowouts and why risk the injury? I'm gonna laugh when one of those kids goes out for the rest of the year with an injury just because they are trying to break 100. I bet Smith will feel pretty proud of himself after that. And if a team killed my team by leaving in their starters the WHOLE game, i wouldn't even bother shaking hands because that would make me lose all respect for that group of kids.

you cant hold anything against the 4 winds players.  they are very professional on the court and its not their fault they are left in.  one of the greatest groups to play against in the state.

HAHA not their fault, if they just simply ask not to play, they wont play. And they can at least waste come clock instead of continuing to run and gun to break that century mark.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:48 pm

thats true
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:56 pm

project-pat wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

HAHA not their fault, if they just simply ask not to play, they wont play. And they can at least waste come clock instead of continuing to run and gun to break that century mark.

that is bs no player should have to ask not to play everybody wants to play noone likes going out and MOST coaches are not gonna be happy if you ask to come out of a game

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:01 pm

OK...ill agree, most players never want to come out of a game, but if their coach does keep them in...there is no reason for them to keep going 100% the whole time. They can take a break on the scoring and milk some clock.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:01 pm

project-pat wrote:OK...ill agree, most players never want to come out of a game, but if their coach does keep them in...there is no reason for them to keep going 100% the whole time. They can take a break on the scoring and milk some clock.

i agree with that especially with no shot clock

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm

i think it is just that the four winds boy never stop playing hard and if i was a coach that would make me happy win or lose as a coach you what your boys to play hard the whole game. 4 wind being down 14-1 in the first and coming back and taking the lead i think proves they play hard all the time
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:16 pm

teamrunngun wrote:i think it is just that the four winds boy never stop playing hard and if i was a coach that would make me happy win or lose as a coach you what your boys to play hard the whole game. 4 wind being down 14-1 in the first and coming back and taking the lead i think proves they play hard all the time

even though they are not a team i like u have to give them respect they get it done every night

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:23 pm

fw and wells co. will play for the district 7 title and then wells co. beats l-m ind the 2nd round at regions and fw beats wells co. again for the region 4 title and their second trip to state.
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:24 pm

would you really be cry if it was your team that was hitting 100
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:25 pm

They should at least give their scrubs some varsity experience. How is coach smith gonna do with a team with ZERO varsity experience?
project-pat

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:27 pm

project-pat wrote:They should at least give their scrubs some varsity experience. How is coach smith gonna do with a team with ZERO varsity experience?

Thats why he's retiring this year.
pacod

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm

everytime i seen them hit 100 it was the jv hitting a 100 it is just that our jv could play with those teams varsity and that jv plays hard when they get the chance to play
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gator-nation » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:28 pm

i thought rick smith was this awesome coach.........wat kinda AWESOME coach runs up the score on bad teams...............im not sayin he is a BAD coach but a RUDE one.
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm

I wouldn't be crying, I would be sitting on the bench watching, because if i was a starter, i would ASK to be taken out of the game, because it would be no fun to me unless the other team was close to 100 as well.

YES GATOR-NATION, i agree with everything you just said except your name haha
Last edited by project-pat on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:30 pm

pacod wrote:
project-pat wrote:They should at least give their scrubs some varsity experience. How is coach smith gonna do with a team with ZERO varsity experience?

a good coach doesnt retire when the goin gets tough
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:32 pm

teamrunngun wrote:everytime i seen them hit 100 it was the jv hitting a 100 it is just that our jv could play with those teams varsity and that jv plays hard when they get the chance to play

You guys need to get your story straight... I was told it was the "starters" hitting 100 and that is the story i believe...your just making it out to be that FW is just some powerhouse that nobody can stop even when their JV is in.
project-pat

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:34 pm

gator-nation wrote:
pacod wrote:

He'll be back once the freshman this year are seniors.
pacod

Postby rep » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:34 pm

gator-nation wrote:
pacod wrote:

i thought rick became the coach at the beginning of last season because they didn't have anyone else to coach. he is the a.d. at the school, so maybe he got someone else hired to coach?
rep

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:36 pm

Haha, thats the signs of a good coach. Come when they have talent, so he has to do basically no work, leave when it gets tough, then come back when they have another so called "powerhouse."
project-pat

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:38 pm

project-pat wrote:Haha, thats the signs of a good coach. Come when they have talent, so he has to do basically no work, leave when it gets tough, then come back when they have another so called "powerhouse."

Nothing against rick but i never could understand why he comes and goes.
pacod

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:38 pm

i say if your game is run and gun play your game no matter what the score is. Because even if the game is close they still play that fast pace offence and in your face pressure defence. that is just the way they play. and if you are up by 40 at half time you are not going to sit your starts the whole second half let them get in there and run there offence and get better at it
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:38 pm

project-pat wrote:Haha, thats the signs of a good coach. Come when they have talent, so he has to do basically no work, leave when it gets tough, then come back when they have another so called "powerhouse."

if wut rep sais is true then he should kinda be a hero of sorts dint have to coach but wuz nice enuff to until someone else would

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm

i am just say that those teams they played were young and not really all that good and fw does have a few kids on that jv that would probaly start for those teams
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm

cdub1 wrote:

if wut rep sais is true then he should kinda be a hero of sorts dint have to coach but wuz nice enuff to until someone else would

No thats not how it happened.
pacod

PreviousNext

Return to Boys