Four Winds vs. Leeds-Minn.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:42 pm

yeah, rick smith, just your friendly neighborhood super hero. haha

Yeah 4 winds starters can use practice time to work on their run and gun offense. But, when you are up by 30 in the 4th quarter, you should use that time to get younger kids adapted to game style situations. If you don't do that, they are never going to be ready to handle a real game once they become starters.
project-pat

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:42 pm

you might not like him as a coach but i know that the kids on that team love to play for him and they play hard for him
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:44 pm

teamrunngun wrote:you might not like him as a coach but i know that the kids on that team love to play for him and they play hard for him

What FW player am i speaking to now? What does them loving to play for him have to do with anything?
project-pat

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:44 pm

gator-nation wrote:i thought rick smith was this awesome coach.........wat kinda AWESOME coach runs up the score on bad teams...............im not sayin he is a BAD coach but a RUDE one.

He doesn't run up the score on bad teams!  Where you at those games when FW scored 100?  I'm guessing you weren't because if you where you wouldn't be making such dumb, uninformed statements.  Listen, if a team is rotten that means they haven't spent time in the offseason working to improve their game.  I have absolutely no pity for those teams if they get blown out!  Gator-nation let me guess, you were on a rotten team that got blown away alot.  Am I right?  Still have hard feelings?  This is a man's game!  Get over it. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:45 pm

so what you are telling me is that the jv game or not real games they are just some thing to keep you entertained before the varsity game then right

teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:46 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
gator-nation wrote:i thought rick smith was this awesome coach.........wat kinda AWESOME coach runs up the score on bad teams...............im not sayin he is a BAD coach but a RUDE one.

He doesn't run up the score on bad teams!  Where you at those games when FW scored 100?  I'm guessing you weren't because if you where you wouldn't be making such dumb, uninformed statements.  Listen, if a team is rotten that means they haven't spent time in the offseason working to improve their game.  I have absolutely no pity for those teams if they get blown out!  Gator-nation let me guess, you were on a rotten team that got blown away alot.  Am I right?  Still have hard feelings?  This is a man's game!  Get over it. 

Well they must be playing some bad teams if "smith leaves in starters until they break 100 AND THEN puts in the scrubs" That sounds like running it up to me.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

there are alot of teams who put in work some teams dont have talent some are short player injuries players transferring a down year u can practice and never get good

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 pm

teamrunngun wrote:so what you are telling me is that the jv game or not real games they are just some thing to keep you entertained before the varsity game then right

JV games and varsity games are on a whole different level. It's alot different to play in a Varsity game then a JV game, and it's also different to play in a jv game then a C game.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:50 pm

i live no where near four winds....i live where the real bball takes place with no running up of the score....its called the 7th region.
gator-nation

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm

why we have to talk about all the bad thing four winds supposedly does like running up the score. why don't we talk about all the good things that they do. 4 wind was the only team saturday to go shake the refs hands and the opposing coaches hand i think rick probaly has something to do with that
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm

project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Well they must be playing some bad teams if "smith leaves in starters until they break 100 AND THEN puts in the scrubs" That sounds like running it up to me.

Again, where at any of those games?  There was not a starter in the game when FW broke 100 at any of those games.  Get over it.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm

gator-nation wrote:i live no where near four winds....i live where the real bball takes place with no running up of the score....its called the 7th region.

Yeah where there are 8 good teams, and not 1 or 2. haha, that was nice gator-nation.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Again, where at any of those games?  There was not a starter in the game when FW broke 100 at any of those games.  Get over it.

Yeah im pretty sure I'm gonna believe those other FW fans over you. THEY TOLD ME HE LEAVES IN STARTERS UNTIL THEY HIT 100 AND THEN TAKE THEM OUT, so you get over it!
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:54 pm

there is no need to run up the score in region 7 all the games are competative
gator-nation

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:54 pm

teamrunngun wrote:why we have to talk about all the bad thing four winds supposedly does like running up the score. why don't we talk about all the good things that they do. 4 wind was the only team saturday to go shake the refs hands and the opposing coaches hand i think rick probaly has something to do with that
on most teams the coach doesnt make that choice he leaves it up to the players.  if the players want to pay their respects to the opposing coaches and refs then they can do it.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:55 pm

they might not break 100, but theres a point where the coach KNOWS that if he doesnt take out the starters the game is going to get out of control. coaches should have a little more class and mercy to put in the rest of the bench.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:55 pm

i have seen their jv play varsity time and i have seen them score on those other teams varsity there is only one kid that i have not seen play yet
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:55 pm

gator-nation wrote:i live no where near four winds....i live where the real bball takes place with no running up of the score....its called the 7th region.

I agree with you on that one, because they can't run up the score, their getting beat by 20-30 points. Go on with that region 7 b.s.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:56 pm

project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Yeah im pretty sure I'm gonna believe those other FW fans over you. THEY TOLD ME HE LEAVES IN STARTERS UNTIL THEY HIT 100 AND THEN TAKE THEM OUT, so you get over it!

4 winds doesnt leave the big guns in every single game or blow out, but if they have a chance to get to 100 they get there.  that explains why they havent had any games between 90 and 100 becuz if they get 90 they want to get to 100.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 pm

is this just a place to talk about the coaches or we going to talk about the kids who play because they are the one that have to go out there and play the game
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:00 pm

teamrunngun wrote:why we have to talk about all the bad thing four winds supposedly does like running up the score. why don't we talk about all the good things that they do. 4 wind was the only team saturday to go shake the refs hands and the opposing coaches hand i think rick probaly has something to do with that

It's just that you guys BRAG about hitting 100 points. It's not cool to hit 100 when you KNOW that your starters should've been taken out a long time before the end of the game. That's the only team i could see doing this too...is FW.
project-pat

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:01 pm

i have never seen tony in the game in a blow out with less then 4 mins he is on the bench shoes unlaced cheering on the boys that are on the floor the jv that is. i have seen cj ih and zack a on the floor though but those two with be playing with those jv kids next year so let them play with during blow outs.
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:02 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
project-pat wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

4 winds doesnt leave the big guns in every single game or blow out, but if they have a chance to get to 100 they get there.  that explains why they havent had any games between 90 and 100 becuz if they get 90 they want to get to 100.

You guys are so back and forth on your posts it's not even funny...we got half of you saying the JV is the one getting 100, and we got half of you saying the starters stay in until they reach 100. That is really smart. I'm guaranteeing the JV part is a lie, you guys are just trying to show that FW has class...class which is not there.
project-pat

Postby teamrunngun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:03 pm

well if your team makes it to state then you might get a chance to do something about that right
teamrunngun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm

It's a little harder to make it to state in the 7th region. Unlike region 4, it's not just 1 alright team playing with a bunch of JV's.
project-pat

PreviousNext

Return to Boys