4 winds vs harvey

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cash » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:47 pm

who thinks this might be a close game/good game...?
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:54 am

i talked to coach rick smith earlier and he told me his team really wants to win this one
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:57 am

sodadrinker wrote:i talked to coach rick smith earlier and he told me his team really wants to win this one
hahaha, were you tryin to quote dodgeball or not...it was a good one, but i think this one will be close, harvey has way more size and four winds has the better record and most ppl will think theyll win, but i think harvey could definatley win it if they stay focused and dont turn it over a lot
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:17 am

nike07 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i talked to coach rick smith earlier and he told me his team really wants to win this one
hahaha, were you tryin to quote dodgeball or not...it was a good one, but i think this one will be close, harvey has way more size and four winds has the better record and most ppl will think theyll win, but i think harvey could definatley win it if they stay focused and dont turn it over a lot

haha ya that is what i was doing i never really talked to him.  if harvey can get the ball up the court it could be a game cuz lorenz is so big down low and has descent post moves but they will have to break the press first and block cant do it by himself.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:29 am

sodadrinker wrote:
nike07 wrote:

haha ya that is what i was doing i never really talked to him.  if harvey can get the ball up the court it could be a game cuz lorenz is so big down low and has descent post moves but they will have to break the press first and block cant do it by himself.
they will most likely double and triple team though, even if, they dont have anyone as big as him or nyhus
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:55 am

HAHAHA!  Sodadrinker, I do appreciate a good quote!

This is going to be tough, I mean like it was stated earlier, if Harvey has good size, that may be a problem.  I am hoping that Four Winds can set the tempo of this game.  I don't know how deep Harvey's bench runs? 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 am

Indians Alumni wrote:HAHAHA!  Sodadrinker, I do appreciate a good quote!

This is going to be tough, I mean like it was stated earlier, if Harvey has good size, that may be a problem.  I am hoping that Four Winds can set the tempo of this game.  I don't know how deep Harvey's bench runs? 
8 seniors, and they have 3 underclassmen that love to run
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 am

That is going to be a tough game!  Size is the thing that FW lacks!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 am

Indians Alumni wrote:That is going to be a tough game!  Size is the thing that FW lacks!
it could be, fw is the better team i think though
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:11 am

Dunseith went 6'9", 6'6", 6'5" and 6'3" and got blown out.  In fact every team we have played has been bigger.  Size doesn't appear to be a problem for us.  The big guy will get double and triple teamed so Harvey better be able to shoot consistently and the big boys better be conditioned.  I just don't see how Harvey will handle the full court pressure.  I hear alot about the posts but nothing about the guards.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:11 am

True, Four Winds does lack size. I don't want to take nothing away from Harvey but I think FW should handle Harvey fairly easy. I don't know how big Harvey really is, but a lot of times size doesn't matter if you can't get the ball down the court!!!!! Can Harvey match up to FW's speed?
pacod

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:12 am

[font=verdana]harveys guards can shoot the ball well and brnig it up good too[/font]

nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 am

Hey John how do you think LittleGhost did for his first game back?
pacod

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 am

pacod wrote:True, Four Winds does lack size. I don't want to take nothing away from Harvey but I think FW should handle Harvey fairly easy. I don't know how big Harvey really is, but a lot of times size doesn't matter if you can't get the ball down the court!!!!! Can Harvey match up to FW's speed?
i think harvey is as quick as four winds, when they played wc, wc barely got any fastbreaks
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 am

My prediction, FW by 15

Nike, what was the score to the Wells-Harvey game
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:17 am

nativegolfer wrote:Dunseith went 6'9", 6'6", 6'5" and 6'3" and got blown out.  In fact every team we have played has been bigger.  Size doesn't appear to be a problem for us.  The big guy will get double and triple teamed so Harvey better be able to shoot consistently and the big boys better be conditioned.  I just don't see how Harvey will handle the full court pressure.  I hear alot about the posts but nothing about the guards.
Good point! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stromer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:44 am

I think Four Winds will win easily, but thats also what I thought about the WC game and it was a bit closer than I thought.  I know comparing commmon opponents isn't the best way to look at games but sometimes it all you can go on.  I have only seen Harvey play Munich-Starkweather and that was a 10 point loss at home.  They didn't impress me that much considering M-S is very inconsistent and FW easily beat them already.  I guess thats why I think FW will win.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 pm

when harvey played wells county harvey started the game strong and was leading early but near the end of the 1st half and into the 2nd half wells county started to run and harvey didnt even try to win the game. they held the ball for a long time.  i thought they played more to not get blown out than to win.  also wells county never pressed harvey and 4 winds will press the whole game and with shelby block being the only one to handle the ball harvey wont beable to break the press very well.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:35 pm

sodadrinker wrote:when harvey played wells county harvey started the game strong and was leading early but near the end of the 1st half and into the 2nd half wells county started to run and harvey didnt even try to win the game. they held the ball for a long time.  i thought they played more to not get blown out than to win.  also wells county never pressed harvey and 4 winds will press the whole game and with shelby block being the only one to handle the ball harvey wont beable to break the press very well.
it was a slow game, im thinking they just didnt want to get fessenden running and wanted to tire them out a bit, it worked to an extent, four winds is a tough team, if harvey plays together and dont panic on the press, they will be fine and it will be a good game, if they cant break it, then their in a lot of trouble
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:08 am

PREDICTIONS?

Four Winds by 15 Pts
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 am

4 winds will run with it
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:46 am

Does anyone know the numbers on harveys big man? What is he like 6'7"?
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 am

tanner "the hammer" lorenz is a stud.  he played bball when he was younger but then quit to concentrate on baseball but then started again last year.  he averages close to 20 points and 10 boards and is as cool as a cucumber at the charity stripe
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 am

How about their point gaurd? I hear he's pretty solid.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:54 am

hes a really good shooter when he gets on and is probably one of the best defenders ironheart will face all year.  the problem is that he is alone in handling the ball and i dont think harvey will beable to break 4 winds press
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys