Nicest Gymnasium

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:24 am

This topic may have already been started but I figured with hardest place to play we should also havethe schools with the nicest gyms... I would have to say Dickinson Trinity, Sargent Central, Central Cass, and Hillsboro have to be up there
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:26 am

I've never seen Dickinson Trinity, or Seargent Central, but I will agree with you on Hillsboro's and Central Cass's gyms. They are pretty nice.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby AandBfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 am

Lamoure's got a nice gym
AandBfan

Postby zags_22 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:01 am

Bowman's gym would be one of the nicest gyms IMO they just got a wood floor put in over the summer, really nice to play on now.  I am pretty sure they got new bleachers in too.  Too bad that district 13 tourney is at Trinity but that is also a nice gym to play in.
zags_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:27 am

Lidgerwood just built a new facility. Very nice, college size floor.... very nice...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:53 am

Four Winds has a nice gym!  Especially with the wood floor.  They used to have Tarton or Rubberized floor!  It sucked then!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:10 am

warwick has a nice gym they just put up a few years back.  the lighting is perfect and the floor is very nice.  excellent facility to play in
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:15 pm

HMB has a nice gym
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ben23 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:39 pm

lidgerwood's gym is very nice.  I got the oppurtunity to play the first game ever on that gym and all though i didn't have a great game it was a nice court, and it is sure a heck of alot bigger then their old one.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:47 pm

i've always liked Carrington's gym. Big wood floor.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gator-nation » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:57 pm

hazens gym is pretty nice, the scoreboard is like ones in the nba how u look up at it and its got a nice wood floor.
Last edited by gator-nation on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:37 pm

woah, someone mentioned bowman on this list. haha

well the one gym i wouldn't put on here is new england. 1 kid broke his arm, another broke and ankle and his wrist, and another kid got knocked out all in the same game, happened last thursday i believe at a jh game, place is a death trap.
project-pat

Postby sportsguy2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:42 pm

2 best that i've played on are LaMoure and Central Cass
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highschoolfbfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Hazen's is one of the nicest i would say...it's got a sweet scoreboard and nice wooden floor and it fits a lot of people in it
highschoolfbfan

Postby arizona_hoops11 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:19 pm

beachy wrote:Lidgerwood just built a new facility. Very nice, college size floor.... very nice...

Lidgerwood does have a very nice gymnasium.  I saw their boys play Hankinson which I found out that  was their first game in the gym.  Very nice floor.  I also came across some pictures on their school site which includes construction.

http://www.lidgerwood.k12.nd.us/WebProject/NewGym1.html

arizona_hoops11

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 am

Hazen does have a nice gym... good size and nice scoreboard.  Beulah has a nice gym also... no reason to walk on the floor because you enter from the top and not on the floor.  Nice mezzanine floor to watch the game also.
Bearsfan

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:19 am

Out west it's gotta be New Town. Not at the school, but the new multi-million dollar facility they use is better than several colleges in the state. The Northern Lights building? Place has huge locker rooms with whirlpools and saunas: nice
Photo-man-Bob

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:52 pm

Dickinson Trinity's gym also I saw HMB's they have a nice gym Shiloh Christian has pretty good gym I really don't know who has the best gym as long as they aren't tile
NDdominator

Postby NDSUbison! » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Uhh ive played in hazen many times. And i wouldnt consider it as a top in the state maybe like top 10 if thats what your going by
NDSUbison!

Postby West Dakota » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:13 pm

That Lidgerwood gym sure looks nice and new, what a sound system also!But the Dickinson Trinity Gym looks to hold about twice as many folks as that Lidgerwood gym, heck they have larger bleachers on the ends of the court than that one. And they have the NBA portable style baskets Hazen and Beulahs are very nice also.

Here are some of the Trinity gym, some aren't the best but you get the idea.

West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:26 pm

who is the kid that is gettin down

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby West Dakota » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:52 pm

That would be 5' 9-10" Jaden Voth as a Junior at regionals. He had back to back dunks in about 45 seconds vs Bowman.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:20 am

Thanks for those photos. In the "best Class B dunker" thread, I mentioned a little story about Jaden and his dunk during a league game I was officiating. I said he threw down a reverse and I swore to this day he almost hit his head on the rim. These pics help back my story. I'm serious, the whistle fell out of my mouth. Amazing!!
ndfbfan

Postby West Dakota » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:48 am

I know what you mean, I'll always remember when he was a freshman I believe at the Mandan holiday tourney. It was a fast break and this 5' 8" kid goes up and dunks it.Everyone in the gym reached for their programs to see how tall he was, and were like "did I just see what I thought I saw!" Since he was pretty young he could jump up and hit his head on the backboard, very fun player to watch. Ones like him don't come around very often, I wish they did thou!

Also remember when he was about an 8th grader a kid stole the ball and went for a layup. Jaden came up from behind and kinda jumped over him, pinned the ball to the glass and swatted it off. He was called for goaltending I believe!

Him and Denver Tenbroek were very special athletes indeed, I'm just glad I was able to see allot of their games!:):)

For those of you that never got to see Tenbroek play just imagine a 6' 4" Jaden that could not only leap "went 7' in the high jump" but could absolutely shoot the lights out from beyond the arch. He went on to become the all time scorer at NDSU. I was in that packed little gym one night when the folks from stanford who were rated #1 at the time came in to watch him play.
Last edited by West Dakota on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TJayU » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:35 am

I guess this is kind of cheating but Ellendale plays in a nice gym (plays at TBC gym).
TJayU

Next

Return to Boys