4 winds vs Wells County

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:58 am

u talk like wells county winning this game would be the biggest upset in the history of north dakota class b basketball.  4 winds is gonna have to play their best ball of the year to win tonight cuz wells county knows they can win the game if they play well and arent gonna go up their expecting anything other than a win.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:01 am

On any given day, any team can beat any team!  I think that was on a movie or something, but I am just saying that IMO that Four Winds is going to win and they are going to run with it.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:04 am

they have a very good chance to win becuz they are a very good team, but i am hoping for a good game to watch so we can have something to look forward too come tourney time
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:06 am

I am hoping for a good game as well.  There needs to be competition in this district and also the region
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:20 am

Why don't you two just kiss and makeup!  GO FOUR WINDS!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:22 am

nativegolfer wrote:Why don't you two just kiss and makeup!  GO FOUR WINDS!!

He started it.....hahahaha, Just kidding. 

Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:38 pm

show time boys
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:46 pm

sooooooooooooo...has the game actually started yet or is an 8 p.m. start?

i'm on the kzzy website and they just went to a comercial and said they were going to talk to both head coaches when they got back from the break.

---

yup...8 a.m. start
Last edited by rep on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby cash » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:21 pm

17-12 wells co. through 1 quarter, sounds like the refs are accually calling fouls on four winds
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:41 pm

33-32 FW at the break. sure looks like wc can play the uptempo game huh? 9 lead changes, 2 ties. 
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:44 pm

and wells co. has a lot of turnovers so far, ironheard is struggling too, sounds like he shoots 30 times a game and makes maybe 10 shots out of those 30
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:51 pm

cash wrote:and wells co. has a lot of turnovers so far, ironheard is struggling too, sounds like he shoots 30 times a game and makes maybe 10 shots out of those 30

15 first half to's. wc is lucky to be where they are right now, yea tony does shoot several times a game
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:24 pm

What was the final score?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:25 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:What was the final score?
Four Winds 65, Wells County 57
rep

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:29 pm

65-57 fw. tony 19 cj 17 chance 16. 12 to's ..krahler 18, anderson 12, tweed 11. 20 to's.  free throws were the difference in this game hands down. yea 20 to's don't help but having 20 to's and only losing by 8 is impressive with the caliber of these two teams. i'd like to know what indians alumni thinks now?  how he thought he could talk about wc and make assumptions that he did without seeing wc play? obviously strictly an indian fan and gives very little credit, if any to any other teams just as good or better as fw.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:13 pm

It was a good game and I'll be the first to give WC more credit than I gave them.  I could start on the yeah buts and would if's but that won't go anywhere.  I do have one question.  Why don't the WC guards shoot more? 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:17 pm

nativegolfer wrote:It was a good game and I'll be the first to give WC more credit than I gave them.  I could start on the yeah buts and would if's but that won't go anywhere.  I do have one question.  Why don't the WC guards shoot more? 

excellent question!!!! rogelstad is not a very good shooter, he has his on days though but very streaky. weiglet is also a sreaky shooter but he still needs to shoot more often.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:18 am

shotcaller1 wrote:65-57 fw. tony 19 cj 17 chance 16. 12 to's ..krahler 18, anderson 12, tweed 11. 20 to's.  free throws were the difference in this game hands down. yea 20 to's don't help but having 20 to's and only losing by 8 is impressive with the caliber of these two teams. i'd like to know what indians alumni thinks now?  how he thought he could talk about wc and make assumptions that he did without seeing wc play? obviously strictly an indian fan and gives very little credit, if any to any other teams just as good or better as fw.

Well, it wasn't by 15 like I predicted but a "W" is a "W" and I will take that!  Little Credit?  Are you serious!  The only post I see you have is about WC, a team that is 3rd or 4th in the district and you were ready to crown them.  So don't sit there and give me your Pardon the Interuption BS about Wells County!  They are just going to make Regionals!  Stick to bragging up WC by how much points they are going to lose!

According to my sources, IH had an off night!  and those 20 TO's are cause by good defense, or WC didn't show up when they needed to! Champions show up when they need to!  So that really isn't that impressive. 

The caliber of these two teams, only thing that WC showed was they can turn the ball over and even when IH is having a bad night, FW still pulls off the victory!

What next you going to tell me that if games were scored on effort, Hands down, WC would have won by 15? If that is your goal is to lose by less then ten!  Congrats
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 am

ND_Coach wrote:I think those saying Four Winds will blow Wells County away are being a little over optimistic.  Wells County is too good a team to lose by 15-20. 

On the season Four Winds Averages 56.7 points allowed per game, Wells County 47.  Four Winds scores an average of 79.7, Wells Co 65.7.   Looking at the numbers I don't think it is fair to say Wells County's defense will be shreded when they are allowing fewer points per game than Four Winds, and I do not think Four Winds schedule so far has been a lot tougher than Wells County's. 

Looking at common opponents this season Wells County beat Mohall 65-41 Four Winds beat them 76-62.  Wells County beat New Rockford 70-46 Four Winds beat them 67-55.  Against common opponents Four Winds had allowed an average of 15 points more than Wells County.I know common opponents are not the best way to measure teams but at least it is some way to quantify the match up.   

Will Ironheart be shut down? No, he is too good of a player.  Can Four Winds shut down Krahler and Tweed?  No, they are also too good to be shut down.  Will Wells County win? Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will Four Winds win?  Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will it be a blow out? No.  Will it be a great game to watch?  Definetly.

Explain your formula again how WC is the better team?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Well, it wasn't by 15 like I predicted but a "W" is a "W" and I will take that!  Little Credit?  Are you serious!  The only post I see you have is about WC, a team that is 3rd or 4th in the district and you were ready to crown them.  So don't sit there and give me your Pardon the Interuption BS about Wells County!  They are just going to make Regionals! 

WC is 2-1 in the district with 5 games left. They will easily be the #2 seed unless FW loses a couple. FW will meet them again at the SC for the D7 title I am sure.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 am

I don't see that happening!  Four Winds is on a roll!  They are looking to get back into the state tournament.  The big test is going to be against L-M.  That is going to be a good matchup!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:00 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:I think those saying Four Winds will blow Wells County away are being a little over optimistic.  Wells County is too good a team to lose by 15-20. 

On the season Four Winds Averages 56.7 points allowed per game, Wells County 47.  Four Winds scores an average of 79.7, Wells Co 65.7.   Looking at the numbers I don't think it is fair to say Wells County's defense will be shreded when they are allowing fewer points per game than Four Winds, and I do not think Four Winds schedule so far has been a lot tougher than Wells County's. 

Looking at common opponents this season Wells County beat Mohall 65-41 Four Winds beat them 76-62.  Wells County beat New Rockford 70-46 Four Winds beat them 67-55.  Against common opponents Four Winds had allowed an average of 15 points more than Wells County.I know common opponents are not the best way to measure teams but at least it is some way to quantify the match up.   

Will Ironheart be shut down? No, he is too good of a player.  Can Four Winds shut down Krahler and Tweed?  No, they are also too good to be shut down.  Will Wells County win? Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will Four Winds win?  Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will it be a blow out? No.  Will it be a great game to watch?  Definetly.

First, my "formula" was not about how Wells Co. is a better team.  The main point of my take was that they were not going to lose by 15-20 like many on this thread, including you had predicted. 

The justification for my take was that is you looked at season numbers for points allowed and points scored, with a highlighting of common opponents you would see that the numbers are very equal.  Since the numbers were close to equal it was my reasoning that it would be a closer game, which from what I have heard and read it was.

Is comparing common opponents and season stats the best way to predict an outcome, no, and I addressed that in my initial take. 

Second, your quote "According to my sources, IH had an off night!  and those 20 TO's are cause by good defense, or WC didn't show up when they needed to! Champions show up when they need to!  So that really isn't that impressive. "

Was Ironheart's off night the result of good defense or him not showing up when he needed to?  It was the biggest game of the year so far, was it not? (The tone of the paragraph is intended to be tounge in cheek)

The point of the last paragraph is to point out the contradiction in claiming that Wells Co. isn't impressive because they either didn't show up or couldn't handle Four Winds D after claiming Ironheart had an off night.  DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING IRONHEART IS A BAD PLAYER, he is great and I would take him on my team anyday, so do not come back and argue any point about me discrediting him or Four Winds.  The other point that could be argued is that IRonheart was off and Four Winds won, yes that is true, congratulations.  You guys won a big game be happy.  I will not make excuses for Wells Co.  and why they lost, I could care less.  Four Winds won, but it was a lot closer of a game than was being predicted on this thread, which again was my prediction and sole purpose for the original take.

That brings me to point three.  The year Wells Co. went to state Sheyenne-Minneawauken beat them in the regular season and then again in districts, only to lose to Wells Co. when it mattered, in regionals.  Yes, Wells Co has lost to Leeds and Four Winds so far, but they should not be discredited as a Region contender.  Anything can happen come tournament time and just because they lost in January doesn't mean it will be the same in March.  Past performance is not always indicative of future results.

So to the Four Winds Indians; congratulations on your big win, good luck the rest of the year.  And to the Wells County Bears; They got you this time work harder because you will be playing them again.

I look forward to the best regional Tournament in the state
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 am

ND_Coach wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

On the season Four Winds Averages 56.7 points allowed per game, Wells County 47.  Four Winds scores an average of 79.7, Wells Co 65.7.   Looking at the numbers I don't think it is fair to say Wells County's defense will be shreded when they are allowing fewer points per game than Four Winds, and I do not think Four Winds schedule so far has been a lot tougher than Wells County's

First, my "formula" was not about how Wells Co. is a better team.  The main point of my take was that they were not going to lose by 15-20 like many on this thread, including you had predicted. 

The justification for my take was that is you looked at season numbers for points allowed and points scored, with a highlighting of common opponents you would see that the numbers are very equal.  Since the numbers were close to equal it was my reasoning that it would be a closer game, which from what I have heard and read it was.

Is comparing common opponents and season stats the best way to predict an outcome, no, and I addressed that in my initial take. 

Second, your quote "According to my sources, IH had an off night!  and those 20 TO's are cause by good defense, or WC didn't show up when they needed to! Champions show up when they need to!  So that really isn't that impressive. "

Was Ironheart's off night the result of good defense or him not showing up when he needed to?  It was the biggest game of the year so far, was it not? (The tone of the paragraph is intended to be tounge in cheek)

The point of the last paragraph is to point out the contradiction in claiming that Wells Co. isn't impressive because they either didn't show up or couldn't handle Four Winds D after claiming Ironheart had an off night.  DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING IRONHEART IS A BAD PLAYER, he is great and I would take him on my team anyday, so do not come back and argue any point about me discrediting him or Four Winds.  The other point that could be argued is that IRonheart was off and Four Winds won, yes that is true, congratulations.  You guys won a big game be happy.  I will not make excuses for Wells Co.  and why they lost, I could care less.  Four Winds won, but it was a lot closer of a game than was being predicted on this thread, which again was my prediction and sole purpose for the original take.

That brings me to point three.  The year Wells Co. went to state Sheyenne-Minneawauken beat them in the regular season and then again in districts, only to lose to Wells Co. when it mattered, in regionals.  Yes, Wells Co has lost to Leeds and Four Winds so far, but they should not be discredited as a Region contender.  Anything can happen come tournament time and just because they lost in January doesn't mean it will be the same in March.  Past performance is not always indicative of future results.

So to the Four Winds Indians; congratulations on your big win, good luck the rest of the year.  And to the Wells County Bears; They got you this time work harder because you will be playing them again.

I look forward to the best regional Tournament in the state

Your formula just proves that you cannot predict a winner by past games played!  So don't try to explain it in formula! 

The rest of the team showed up, the picked it up where IH was struggling!  So that is what I was saying when I said that.  Someone stated that they could run and gun with FW, they showed up and Four Winds out ran them.  They couldn't run, the turn the ball over 20 times. 

And every game they plays is a big game!  You can't look past any opponent!  I agree that at the end of the year the regular season doesn't really matter, but the mental edge has to go to FW for beating them already!  Yeah WC could say that they had alot of T.O.  But I am saying that IH also had an off night but his teammates picked him up! 

Your Paragraph in bold (original post) Did you try to tell me that you were not saying that WC was better than FW?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:19 am

The intention of the Bold paragraph was to point out that the teams were fairly close to being equal as far as points scored and points allowed goes, not to say Wells Co. was better.  It was designed to say that Four winds would not blow out Wells Co and was posted in response to those saying Wells Co would lose by 20 and how they had no chance on the Rez or how Ironheart would tear them apart.  I thought those claims were unfair and unfounded and comparing season stats was my way off showing that it would be more of a game than many thought.  

My original post of points scored and points allowed was also not designed as a way to predict a winner.  Notice in my original post I made no prediction as to a victor.  I said each team could win or lose and that it would be a good close game, which I would argue it was.

I hope this clears everything up.

ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 am

I think that the Region 4 tournament will be a very great tournament to watch. I think we can all agree that Four Winds, Wells County and Minnewauken-Leeds are great teams. It will be fun to see them match up on a neutral site.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys