4 winds vs Wells County

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:07 pm

ND_Coach wrote:I think those saying Four Winds will blow Wells County away are being a little over optimistic.  Wells County is too good a team to lose by 15-20. 

On the season Four Winds Averages 56.7 points allowed per game, Wells County 47.  Four Winds scores an average of 79.7, Wells Co 65.7.   Looking at the numbers I don't think it is fair to say Wells County's defense will be shreded when they are allowing fewer points per game than Four Winds, and I do not think Four Winds schedule so far has been a lot tougher than Wells County's. 

Looking at common opponents this season Wells County beat Mohall 65-41 Four Winds beat them 76-62.  Wells County beat New Rockford 70-46 Four Winds beat them 67-55.  Against common opponents Four Winds had allowed an average of 15 points more than Wells County.I know common opponents are not the best way to measure teams but at least it is some way to quantify the match up.   

Will Ironheart be shut down? No, he is too good of a player.  Can Four Winds shut down Krahler and Tweed?  No, they are also too good to be shut down.  Will Wells County win? Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will Four Winds win?  Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will it be a blow out? No.  Will it be a great game to watch?  Definetly.

nice post

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:10 pm

Really good post....i wish i could see that game.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:14 pm

that was a very excellent way of pointing it and i agree the only way ironheart can be stopped from scoring is if hes off himself.  u could put a good defender on him but if he is on hes gonna score and if u try to help he is the best at penatrating and kicking so i do believe 4 winds will get theirs but WC will score as well if they play how they are capable
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:18 pm

any radio stations that i can listen to on the internet carrying the game?
rep

Postby ND_Coach » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:29 pm

It looks like KHND 1470 out of Harvey will be doing the game.

http://www.khnd1470.com on the web
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Just because a team gives up more points per game means nothing...its a product of the style of ball they play....Wells County more slowed down, therefore fewer points are scored, you have to play good defense and be physical to win those games....FW's plays more uptempo and will therfore surrender more points simply because of the up and down style..just have to outscore the other team....Should be a great game, whoever gets to play their style will win.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:23 pm

i dont see how 4W loses if its at home.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:33 pm

to be honest i think wells county would rather have the game uptempo than slowed down cuz that is their style.  they have prove that they can play a slowed down game and still win but if it becomes uptempo wells county has a longer bench with 9 seniors
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 am

sodadrinker wrote:to be honest i think wells county would rather have the game uptempo than slowed down cuz that is their style.  they have prove that they can play a slowed down game and still win but if it becomes uptempo wells county has a longer bench with 9 seniors

I would think they would try to slow the game down, Four Wind's game is uptempo, run and gun!  They have a whole bench that plays that way!  I invite WC to try and run with Four Winds, the conditioning of Four Winds is just too much!  I am not saying that WC is out of shape of anything like that, just that Four Winds style of play is run and gun and with that, you will find them to be in tip top condition.

As far as ND_Coach's post!  I am going to say that FW is going to win by 15 or more!  Many team have tried to slow it down against FW and they have failed.  The only loss they have this year is against a run and gun team!  The conditioning of FW will prevail!

:muscle:
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:28 am

[font=arial]The game will also be on KZZY  [/font]

[font=arial]lrradioworks.com[/font]

parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:17 am

you who think FW by 15-20 points do you remember the FW-WC game last year? im pretty sure wc was able to play the uptempo game and also slow FW down and play that game too. it was fw's toughest game of the year up until the state tourney. they each lost a player that was up for district senior of the year in knodel and littlewind. yea that was last year too but its another thing to look at for you who think its gona be a blowout. tonight will be one of the best games of the year across the state 
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:20 am

One of the best?  No, It will be business at hand, but it will not be the toughest!  I agree we have lost a good player in LW.  15 + is my prediction
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:20 am

u have obviously not seen wells county play.  i think wells county play more run and gun than 4 winds does.  if it is an uptempo game wells county will keep up.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:26 am

Four Winds By 15 +!!! that is my predication! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:42 am

thats good news
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:46 am

They cannot guard man to man against Four Winds, they will have to double on IH and then someone to guard Herman, how about LoveJoy, he can go off on three pointers, don't forget about CJ IH, he can shoot the lights out at anytime, and on there home court! That is not enough guys to cover them, not to mention in front of a huge rowdy crowd! So AGAIN, I predict, FW by 15+ over WC!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:20 am

Indians Alumni wrote:They cannot guard man to man against Four Winds, they will have to double on IH and then someone to guard Herman, how about LoveJoy, he can go off on three pointers, don't forget about CJ IH, he can shoot the lights out at anytime, and on there home court! That is not enough guys to cover them, not to mention in front of a huge rowdy crowd! So AGAIN, I predict, FW by 15+ over WC!

wc will match up to ur indians the best they will see this whole year. wc has that many ppl who can shoot the ball too. tweed can score from anywhere. weigelt can shoot, cervenak and unterseher can shoot. who's gona stop krahler of the dribble? this group of seniors knows the game to well and no way they'll let the game get out of reach. the crowd aint nothing to these guys. like sodadrinker said, wc has not at all played their best ball of the year yet. and how can you not agree with ND_Coach about the same opponents?  fw gave up that much more points to their opponent than wc did because of their run and gun. wc best game is run and gun, they do it with control and confidence. but yea we'll see the outcome about 10 tonight
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:05 am

shotcaller1 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:They cannot guard man to man against Four Winds, they will have to double on IH and then someone to guard Herman, how about LoveJoy, he can go off on three pointers, don't forget about CJ IH, he can shoot the lights out at anytime, and on there home court! That is not enough guys to cover them, not to mention in front of a huge rowdy crowd! So AGAIN, I predict, FW by 15+ over WC!

wc will match up to ur indians the best they will see this whole year. wc has that many ppl who can shoot the ball too. tweed can score from anywhere. weigelt can shoot, cervenak and unterseher can shoot. who's gona stop krahler of the dribble? this group of seniors knows the game to well and no way they'll let the game get out of reach. the crowd aint nothing to these guys. like sodadrinker said, wc has not at all played their best ball of the year yet. and how can you not agree with ND_Coach about the same opponents?  fw gave up that much more points to their opponent than wc did because of their run and gun. wc best game is run and gun, they do it with control and confidence. but yea we'll see the outcome about 10 tonight

It is not a question of if they bet them it is a question of by how much!  FW has some stingy defenders that will pick the pocket of anyone of those guys!  They cannot guard them man to man or they will get taken to the rack, you can't guard them with the zone, they will reign threes all over that, They are playing at home, and yes FW fans can be a factor!  You have one of the toughest players in the state on their team, it is a lose lose situation for WC. 

I disagree with ND_Coach for two reasons, #1, you cannot predict the outcome of any game by the teams played prior!  Just doesn't work that way!  Too many factors play into them, #2.  They have not played FW and they have not played that caliber of team to say they can defend them!  So I don't agree with his "Cold Pizza" Type of explanation of the match up between FW & WC. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 am

well you know 4 winds well and nothing about wells county cuz if u did u would know that bryan krahler cant be stopped by anyone on 4 winds team.  scott tweed put up 30 some on 4 winds last year against 4 winds and is capable of doing it again and no tony ironheart cant be stopped one on one completely but he cant beat wells county by himself which he is going to have to do.  chanze is a good scorer but what else.  cj iron heart can shoot a wide open 3.  zak alberts is a good rebounder but cant take over a game.  these teams have played each other every year since they were in the 6th grade and it has been even the whole way thru school.  u are entitled to your opinion on the score of the game and about 4 winds but u have no right to say anything about any players from wells county until u see them play.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:31 am

also wells county has played leeds-minn and lost to them by 7 points shooting only 30%.  im not sayin leeds-minn is better than 4 winds but they can be mention on the same level of talent.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:37 am

sodadrinker wrote:well you know 4 winds well and nothing about wells county cuz if u did u would know that bryan krahler cant be stopped by anyone on 4 winds team.  scott tweed put up 30 some on 4 winds last year against 4 winds and is capable of doing it again and no tony ironheart cant be stopped one on one completely but he cant beat wells county by himself which he is going to have to do.  chanze is a good scorer but what else.  cj iron heart can shoot a wide open 3.  zak alberts is a good rebounder but cant take over a game.  these teams have played each other every year since they were in the 6th grade and it has been even the whole way thru school.  u are entitled to your opinion on the score of the game and about 4 winds but u have no right to say anything about any players from wells county until u see them play.

I know we beat them last year!  But I don't count on last years stats to prove anything this year!  This is a whole new year, different ball club.  so who is going to be guarding CJ IH when there is two on Tony, You will have to dbl on IH and that will only open everything else for the other fellas!  They can take over at any point.  CJ IH, Chanze & Lovejoy can take over.  They have some nice kids coming off the bench! 

Well according to your statement (in bold), we will beat WC.  I don't remember talking about any specific player on Wells County, but I did talk about that as a whole!  Let me ask you, what is your prediction? Four Winds by what?

:cry:
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 am

sodadrinker wrote:also wells county has played leeds-minn and lost to them by 7 points shooting only 30%.  im not sayin leeds-minn is better than 4 winds but they can be mention on the same level of talent.

I wonder how off Leeds-Minn was!? 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:50 am

why dont u check the stats and see how wells county dominated every category except for field goal percentage on that wells county and leeds game, but im sure u knew that.  obviously u think 4 winds is impossible to beat becuz ur a fan of them but after tonight win or lose u will have a different opinion on wells county and did u not say that any of the 4 winds players can pick the pocket of any of those guys.  sorry i took that as u saying it about the wells county players must have been my mistake
Last edited by sodadrinker on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:53 am

After tonight!  FW will have another notch on the belt!  So how will that learn me?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:56 am

All Joking aside, I am still predicting Four Winds by 15 +!  We will find out tonigh
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys