4 winds vs Wells County

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:25 am

Its hard to win on the road when you turn the ball over 19 times, only get 5 steals, and shoot 3 of 14 from the arc.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:47 am

It's a tribute to FW's pressure "D", FW's guards don't turn the ball over and WC needs to learn to shoot better.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:50 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Its hard to win on the road when you turn the ball over 19 times, only get 5 steals, and shoot 3 of 14 from the arc.

It's hard to win anywhere turning the ball over that many times!

Others asked for credit that WC hung with FW, but where is the credit that FW had tough Defense?
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:31 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:I think those saying Four Winds will blow Wells County away are being a little over optimistic.  Wells County is too good a team to lose by 15-20. 

On the season Four Winds Averages 56.7 points allowed per game, Wells County 47.  Four Winds scores an average of 79.7, Wells Co 65.7.   Looking at the numbers I don't think it is fair to say Wells County's defense will be shreded when they are allowing fewer points per game than Four Winds, and I do not think Four Winds schedule so far has been a lot tougher than Wells County's

Looking at common opponents this season Wells County beat Mohall 65-41 Four Winds beat them 76-62.  Wells County beat New Rockford 70-46 Four Winds beat them 67-55.  Against common opponents Four Winds had allowed an average of 15 points more than Wells County.I know common opponents are not the best way to measure teams but at least it is some way to quantify the match up.   

Will Ironheart be shut down? No, he is too good of a player.  Can Four Winds shut down Krahler and Tweed?  No, they are also too good to be shut down.  Will Wells County win? Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will Four Winds win?  Maybe.  Could they lose? Possibly.  Will it be a blow out? No.  Will it be a great game to watch?  Definetly.

Explain your formula again how WC is the better team?

First, my "formula" was not about how Wells Co. is a better team.  The main point of my take was that they were not going to lose by 15-20 like many on this thread, including you had predicted. 

The justification for my take was that is you looked at season numbers for points allowed and points scored, with a highlighting of common opponents you would see that the numbers are very equal.  Since the numbers were close to equal it was my reasoning that it would be a closer game, which from what I have heard and read it was.

Is comparing common opponents and season stats the best way to predict an outcome, no, and I addressed that in my initial take. 

Second, your quote "According to my sources, IH had an off night!  and those 20 TO's are cause by good defense, or WC didn't show up when they needed to! Champions show up when they need to!  So that really isn't that impressive. "

Was Ironheart's off night the result of good defense or him not showing up when he needed to?  It was the biggest game of the year so far, was it not? (The tone of the paragraph is intended to be tounge in cheek)

The point of the last paragraph is to point out the contradiction in claiming that Wells Co. isn't impressive because they either didn't show up or couldn't handle Four Winds D after claiming Ironheart had an off night.  DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING IRONHEART IS A BAD PLAYER, he is great and I would take him on my team anyday, so do not come back and argue any point about me discrediting him or Four Winds.  The other point that could be argued is that IRonheart was off and Four Winds won, yes that is true, congratulations.  You guys won a big game be happy.  I will not make excuses for Wells Co.  and why they lost, I could care less.  Four Winds won, but it was a lot closer of a game than was being predicted on this thread, which again was my prediction and sole purpose for the original take.

That brings me to point three.  The year Wells Co. went to state Sheyenne-Minneawauken beat them in the regular season and then again in districts, only to lose to Wells Co. when it mattered, in regionals.  Yes, Wells Co has lost to Leeds and Four Winds so far, but they should not be discredited as a Region contender.  Anything can happen come tournament time and just because they lost in January doesn't mean it will be the same in March.  Past performance is not always indicative of future results.

So to the Four Winds Indians; congratulations on your big win, good luck the rest of the year.  And to the Wells County Bears; They got you this time work harder because you will be playing them again.

I look forward to the best regional Tournament in the state

Your formula just proves that you cannot predict a winner by past games played!  So don't try to explain it in formula! 

The rest of the team showed up, the picked it up where IH was struggling!  So that is what I was saying when I said that.  Someone stated that they could run and gun with FW, they showed up and Four Winds out ran them.  They couldn't run, the turn the ball over 20 times. 

And every game they plays is a big game!  You can't look past any opponent!  I agree that at the end of the year the regular season doesn't really matter, but the mental edge has to go to FW for beating them already!  Yeah WC could say that they had alot of T.O.  But I am saying that IH also had an off night but his teammates picked him up! 

Your Paragraph in bold (original post) Did you try to tell me that you were not saying that WC was better than FW?

whoa man slow yo roll he said it would be a good game to watch

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 pm

four winds fans are touchy who did they lose to?? I didn't know they lost but their region for sure has better competition than last year they won't be blowing out everybody this year their regionals should be alot of good games
NDdominator

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:04 am

FW lost by 1 at Standing Rock.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:35 am

IA, who is this source that you get your info from? WC is not 3rd or 4th in the District. Ironherat wasn't his usual self, but maybe you should give some credit to the WC defense. In a neutral sight WC might have pulled it off too. How luchy was it that FW banks in a three at the end of the third quarter.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 am

ClassBballa wrote:IA, who is this source that you get your info from? WC is not 3rd or 4th in the District. Ironherat wasn't his usual self, but maybe you should give some credit to the WC defense. In a neutral sight WC might have pulled it off too. How luchy was it that FW banks in a three at the end of the third quarter.

Well first off, it is none of your business of where I have my sources!  I have very reliable sources! 

Second, I would give them credit if they won, so really can't be that great of defense if they lost!

Third, We will test your theory when it comes down to districts!  It is in a neutral site and I am guessing they will loose then too! IH wasn't on his game at the last showing, and FW defense caused 20 turnovers! 

Fourth!  now you are questioning the way they make their points!?  Take off your Skirts and accept that you lost like a man!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:21 am

Well i was at the game, i wouldn't give any credit to either teams defense. Four Winds played a terrible first half, and to the comment about my boy T I being off, he drove the ball alot to try to draw the contact and the refs weren't giving him nothing. I didn't see anyone on wells county that impressed me. Krahler got his points because four winds kept getting lost on D. wc has been using that same offense against four winds for the last three years, i thought they would know how to defend it by now. All and all this was an exciting game, at the end of half it was any teams game. Four Winds just stepped up and made the bigger shots when they needed to. Herman and C.j. I H are very under-rated, but that works to four winds advantage. Little Ghost was a big surprise, look to see his numbers improve by the end of the year.
pacod

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:53 am

Skirts? Good one, what are we back it the third grade.

Just because you lose doesn't mean you played bad defense.

You keep saying IH had a bad night (which he may have) but what about Tweed? He didn't play very good and WC still could have won. The game was closer than the final score showed. WC was up by 7 at one point. And FW scored a layup with time running out with no one even close to them for pretty much no reason.

I wasn't questioning the way they make their points, i merely said that banking in a three from like 6 feet behind the line is pretty lucky.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:57 am

I could sit here and argue, but WC is yesterday's news!  They came we sent them back home with a loss!  Nothing more to it.  If you want to move on, I have posted a topic of FW vs Leeds-Minn, I want formulas to why FW is going to lose on this one too!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys