District 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:24 pm

baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Um.... there is another side that you haven't seen from years back, but he also doesn't have the guts to say things or sit players down at times. lack of discipline when I've seen them play certain games.

what side is that.  i played for olsen and he will sit a person down for a mistake.  that lack of discipline you call i call a lack of bench.  you obviously aren't talking aobut the same Olsen then..
Obviously the side that someone must have said something about cause last year something changed with the way things are run around there from what I've heard. Also, they used to be considered the laughing stock of the district with fans beggin players to shoot the ball in certain games.
Last edited by bballfan_05 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:37 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Obviously the side that someone must have said something about cause last year something changed with the way things are run around there from what I've heard. Also, they used to be considered the laughing stock of the district with fans beggin players to shoot the ball in certain games.

im not gonna name names but there was a certain family who would tell their kid to shoot everytime he touched the ball and whenever someone else shot they would scream and yell for him to pass the ball. 

The reason things changed last year was that that team was the first since olsen started coaching there that got along on and off the court.  the first 2 years you wouldnt see anyone on the team say hello to eac other just walkin down the hallway but the last 2 years the kids are always hanging around with each other.  thats the major difference i can see someone talk about his coaching like that.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightning » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:47 pm

i would say linton has the upper hand in this district.  with justin purrintun they will be able to beat neone in the state just ask him.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Steele has the ability to beat anyone in the state on any given night. With a guy like Bakkum who does so much for a team, if the other 4 guys have an on night they could be impossible to stop.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:39 pm

baller01 wrote:Steele has the ability to beat anyone in the state on any given night. With a guy like Bakkum who does so much for a team, if the other 4 guys have an on night they could be impossible to stop.
That's debatable, should be fun to see what happens when these two teams finally play against each other.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:42 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:Steele has the ability to beat anyone in the state on any given night. With a guy like Bakkum who does so much for a team, if the other 4 guys have an on night they could be impossible to stop.
That's debatable, should be fun to see what happens when these two teams finally play against each other.

If Bakkum plays normal, Randall shoots like he usually does, and the other 3 shoot out of their butts, you tell me how you would beat them, cause I don't know.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:43 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

If Bakkum plays normal, Randall shoots like he usually does, and the other 3 shoot out of their butts, you tell me how you would beat them, cause I don't know.
I've seen some games in which what carr has gameplaned has been pretty unreal. My guess is only time will tell.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:48 pm

against kulm on saturday randall led the pirates in scoring with 24, 16 or so in the first half...bakkum finished with 19

rep

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:56 pm

rep wrote:against kulm on saturday randall led the pirates in scoring with 24, 16 or so in the first half...bakkum finished with 19

Exactly, pretty tough 1-2 combo to stop.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:57 pm

baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:against kulm on saturday randall led the pirates in scoring with 24, 16 or so in the first half...bakkum finished with 19

Exactly, pretty tough 1-2 combo to stop.
If anyone in the that district could do it, i would bet my money on carr.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:52 am

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

the only way you can really stop Bakkum is to put both your teams best defenders on him in a full court chase with neither one leaving him for a second haha. after that there is Randall who is really coming along (24 points in a game this past weekend), Martin, Jason Stroh, and Nick Lang knock down shots they can be awfully tough to beat.  it all depends waht the team does behing Randall and Bakkum, they can carry the team a certain distance but to make state the role players are gonna really have to step up.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 am

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
against kulm on saturday randall led the pirates in scoring with 24, 16 or so in the first half...bakkum finished with 19  
in that game bakkum had 16 assists and the game prior to that he had 15 assists.. so to say he went up in his assists after those 2 games randall shot well so did the team
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys