District 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:10 pm

So, whats everyones take on the teams in district 6 so far this year?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:36 pm

Steele-Dawson is the most surpising team. 7-0 I believe.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:38 pm

Would it be right to say we might see a rematch of last year in the district championship this year.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:40 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:Would it be right to say we might see a rematch of last year in the district championship this year.

Unless a team like Napoleon, MAYBE Strasburg if they click at the end. But otherwise, yes.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:45 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:Would it be right to say we might see a rematch of last year in the district championship this year.

Unless a team like Napoleon, MAYBE Strasburg if they click at the end. But otherwise, yes.
IMO, Strasburg is a couple years away
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Yep, I agree. But you never know with young teams. They are pretty athletic and you just never know. The only team that I think could get their would be Napoleon.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndpreps » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:48 pm

I would say that Bakkum is just to tough to stop and with all the other players chipping in and playin good defense Steele/Dawson has the District unless Bakkum has a off night.
ndpreps
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:48 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Yep, I agree. But you never know with young teams. They are pretty athletic and you just never know. The only team that I think could get their would be Napoleon.
I was actually pretty surprised that Napoleon kept the game that close with Linton the other night. Not quite sure what Napoleon really has, but I guess their new coach is supposed to be really good.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:52 pm

ndpreps wrote:I would say that Bakkum is just to tough to stop and with all the other players chipping in and playin good defense Steele/Dawson has the District unless Bakkum has a off night.

I don't think I would go as far as to say that. They are a very good team but really, have they played a very good team yet? I'm not taking anything away from them because they are very solid. But that might be a little far to say they have the district. Steele has played, Tappen, WTPR, Ashley, Wishek, PBK, LaMoure, and Carrington. The first 5 are way below average teams, LaMoure is a game or two above .500, and Carrington is pretty good at 7-3. They are a good team, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we can say they have the district.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:54 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I was actually pretty surprised that Napoleon kept the game that close with Linton the other night. Not quite sure what Napoleon really has, but I guess their new coach is supposed to be really good.

Horner is a great coach. Probably coach of the year in that district. Napoleon has Weigel of course who is very solid and Gross at point guard. Gross has been hurt most of the year but is pretty close to 100% now I believe.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:58 pm

baller01 wrote:
ndpreps wrote:I would say that Bakkum is just to tough to stop and with all the other players chipping in and playin good defense Steele/Dawson has the District unless Bakkum has a off night.

I don't think I would go as far as to say that. They are a very good team but really, have they played a very good team yet? I'm not taking anything away from them because they are very solid. But that might be a little far to say they have the district. Steele has played, Tappen, WTPR, Ashley, Wishek, PBK, LaMoure, and Carrington. The first 5 are way below average teams, LaMoure is a game or two above .500, and Carrington is pretty good at 7-3. They are a good team, don't get me wrong, but I don't think we can say they have the district.
  Don't give them the district yet, they haven't played too many close games yet in which coachin might factor into the result. IMO, that is one place where the team is lacking.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:59 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Horner is a great coach. Probably coach of the year in that district. Napoleon has Weigel of course who is very solid and Gross at point guard. Gross has been hurt most of the year but is pretty close to 100% now I believe.
If i remember right, both gross and weigel are 4 yr starters.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:00 pm

Yes, they are. Who is the biggest surpise and biggest dissapointment in this district?
Last edited by baller01 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:02 pm

IMO, surprise has to be SD hands down, disappointment would be WTPR I thought Winkler and company would play better.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:05 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:IMO, surprise has to be SD hands down, disappointment would be WTPR I thought Winkler and company would play better.

WTPR has played I think the whole year without John Schleinger who is there best inside player.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndpreps » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:06 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Don't give them the district yet, they haven't played too many close games yet in which coachin might factor into the result. IMO, that is one place where the team is lacking.
I guess i should say thats just my prediction to win the district.  I feel that Bakkum just really steps it up when it counts.
ndpreps
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:07 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:IMO, surprise has to be SD hands down, disappointment would be WTPR I thought Winkler and company would play better.

WTPR has played I think the whole year without John Schleinger who is there best inside player.
I'm not sure on that, but it seems like they have the same problem every year, no bench.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:09 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I'm not sure on that, but it seems like they have the same problem every year, no bench.

How many class B teams have a bench? Really. Besides schools that 100+ kids to make a team out of. No small schools have a bench.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:11 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

How many class B teams have a bench? Really. Besides schools that 100+ kids to make a team out of. No small schools have a bench.
True, but most teams have a player or two they can put in to buy them minutes.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

True, but most teams have a player or two they can put in to buy them minutes.

That is also true.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:55 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Steele has been down on the coaching in recent years, but its a safe bet to say that Olsen is by far the best they've had since Sand took the team to state in '91.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm

baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Steele has been down on the coaching in recent years, but its a safe bet to say that Olsen is by far the best they've had since Sand took the team to state in '91.

the thing i like about olson is he never gets out of control...he is exited and almost never sits down, but he doesn't yell at players hardly, if ever from what i remember.

pretty good cat all in all
rep

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:01 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

the thing i like about olson is he never gets out of control...he is exited and almost never sits down, but he doesn't yell at players hardly, if ever from what i remember.

pretty good cat all in all

Um.... there is another side that you haven't seen from years back, but he also doesn't have the guts to say things or sit players down at times. lack of discipline when I've seen them play certain games.
Last edited by bballfan_05 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:16 pm

all in all i'm waiting for the linton vs. steele-dawson game...seems like that game will go a long way to determining what we are in store for, not only in the district tourney but probably in the region tourney

jan. 26...week to go
rep

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:12 am

bballfan_05 wrote:Um.... there is another side that you haven't seen from years back, but he also doesn't have the guts to say things or sit players down at times. lack of discipline when I've seen them play certain games.

what side is that.  i played for olsen and he will sit a person down for a mistake.  that lack of discipline you call i call a lack of bench.  you obviously aren't talking aobut the same Olsen then..
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys