underrated players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:46 am

all the good players we have in our state, and u guys are talking about nick smith...unbelevible
fruit snack

Postby rep » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:20 am

fruit snack wrote:all the good players we have in our state, and u guys are talking about nick smith...unbelevible

why not?

he's a player that isn't dissected often in discussion and the topic is underrated players?
rep

Postby ohiostate31 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:06 am

Nick Smith had another good night last night. Its just to bad he didn't get alot of help.
ohiostate31

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:51 am

Shelby Block from harvey is have a pretty solid year that no one is talking about
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:57 am

Ried Haagenson from Leeds/Minnewauken doesn't get near th credit he deserves
basketballman

Postby rabbits » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:04 am

fightingsioux20 wrote:Shelby Block from harvey is have a pretty solid year that no one is talking about

Shelby may be having an alright year, but I mean come on.. 43% on 2's and 36% on 3's...thats not exactly impressive..  I think he's getting enough credit..
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
rabbits
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:12 am

rabbits wrote:
fightingsioux20 wrote:Shelby Block from harvey is have a pretty solid year that no one is talking about

Shelby may be having an alright year, but I mean come on.. 43% on 2's and 36% on 3's...thats not exactly impressive..  I think he's getting enough credit..

Umm you must be a 50% shooter from behind the arc because I think 36% from 3 point land is good. The 43% from 2's might be a little shaky but 36% from behind the arc is pretty good if you ask me.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rabbits » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:15 am

baller01 wrote:
rabbits wrote:

Umm you must be a 50% shooter from behind the arc because I think 36% from 3 point land is good. The 43% from 2's might be a little shaky but 36% from behind the arc is pretty good if you ask me.

i would have to agree I guess.. 36 isn't bad...my fault
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
rabbits
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Ya i would say Jacob Erhardt from hazen is underrated. He had 21 tonight against Killdeer.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Bison423 wrote:Ya i would say Jacob Erhardt from hazen is underrated. He had 21 tonight against Killdeer.

Erhardt is a good one. He gets overlooked with Marshall and Boger but Erhardt is definately one of the main reasons why Hazen has success. Not only scoring wise, but all around.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:01 pm

basketballman wrote:Ried Haagenson from Leeds/Minnewauken doesn't get near th credit he deserves

Agreed. A lot of people know nothing of Reid. He battled through injuries last season and still averaged around 10ppg and this year he has been a force on the offensive end along with playing solid D. Hes a strong and physical kid, has quick feet. He'll be fun to watch next year as he can only get better.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nc » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:33 am

what about seth nichols from dp. He scores about 22 points a game 8 rebounds and has dunked it a few times. He is a very athletic player with a a height of about 6' 4" he will be one of the best next year.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:41 am

project-pat wrote:thomas burke from bowman doesn't get near the recognition he deserves. he is so tough and basically kept the bulldogs in the 2 games this weekend when nobody else would do anything.

That is because thomas burke gets suspended for important games and leaves his teammates hangin. I think Mark Keithly is underrated he is the most important part of the trinity team.
Last edited by straightballer on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
straightballer

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:54 pm

I said this on another post already but I figured I'd get it in the right place. Lucas Cayko from Trenton is probably the most underrated player in the state.  I have never heard one thing about him outside of District 16 and that surprises me because in my opinion he's the best all-around player in region 8.  He is better than Nathaniel Packineau, Neil Packineau, Justin Shipman, or anyone else.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:57 pm

sportsperson wrote:I said this on another post already but I figured I'd get it in the right place. Lucas Cayko from Trenton is probably the most underrated player in the state.  I have never heard one thing about him outside of District 16 and that surprises me because in my opinion he's the best all-around player in region 8.  He is better than Nathaniel Packineau, Neil Packineau, Justin Shipman, or anyone else.

You do know you just named 3 probable all-staters right?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:59 pm

baller01 wrote:
sportsperson wrote:I said this on another post already but I figured I'd get it in the right place. Lucas Cayko from Trenton is probably the most underrated player in the state.  I have never heard one thing about him outside of District 16 and that surprises me because in my opinion he's the best all-around player in region 8.  He is better than Nathaniel Packineau, Neil Packineau, Justin Shipman, or anyone else.

You do know you just named 3 probable all-staters right?

Yeah, that's what's amazing about it. If you had seen all of them play as much as I have and knew what makes a basketball player great, then you'd probably agree with me.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:09 pm

I'm sure someone is going to come up with some bullcrap stats about how Nathaniel is averaging 8 assists, or Neil was 2nd team all-state last year, or that Shipman's team is second in the state, but I still don't buy it.  Cayko plays with a bunch of misfits who wouldn't start on most JV teams, but he still gets them involved as much as he can while averaging about 25 points a game and playing very solid defense. He knows the game as well as anyone I've ever seen and carries his team on his back.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:26 pm

sportsperson wrote:I'm sure someone is going to come up with some bullcrap stats about how Nathaniel is averaging 8 assists, or Neil was 2nd team all-state last year, or that Shipman's team is second in the state, but I still don't buy it.  Cayko plays with a bunch of misfits who wouldn't start on most JV teams, but he still gets them involved as much as he can while averaging about 25 points a game and playing very solid defense. He knows the game as well as anyone I've ever seen and carries his team on his back.

he must be going to a good college if he is as good as u say
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

[user=1174]sportsperson[/user] wrote:
I'm sure someone is going to come up with some bullcrap stats about how Nathaniel is averaging 8 assists, or Neil was 2nd team all-state last year, or that Shipman's team is second in the state, but I still don't buy it.  Cayko plays with a bunch of misfits who wouldn't start on most JV teams, but he still gets them involved as much as he can while averaging about 25 points a game and playing very solid defense. He knows the game as well as anyone I've ever seen and carries his team on his back.

Cayko is a very solid player - I've seen him a couple of times this year. I wouldn't stretch it to say he is as good as the Packineau's or Shipman, but he's not a step down from those types of players. He is, like sportsperson said, playing with some teammates that are not real varsity level material, and they still had a pretty good year because of him alone. I would say he is highly underrated - because no one really has heard of him- probably because of where they are geographically and because of the Packineau's and Shipman being in the same region.
But yes - I would agree - he is an exceptional ballplayer.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby marchmadness10 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:45 am

I think that little lefty guard from killdeer is underrated. What is his name? He can shoot the ball pretty well and has good composure.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:49 am

micheal wagner.... yea he will be decent in the years to come, but he will always be overshadowed by austin
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J-Rod34 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 am

westpower wrote:Shipman

from watford

has everything= stud

Shipman is not under-rated, good try. He is an good player will be all-state next year and should be honorable mention this year if not first team this year.
J-Rod34

Postby commonman » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 am

sportsperson wrote:I'm sure someone is going to come up with some bullcrap stats about how Nathaniel is averaging 8 assists, or Neil was 2nd team all-state last year, or that Shipman's team is second in the state, but I still don't buy it.  Cayko plays with a bunch of misfits who wouldn't start on most JV teams, but he still gets them involved as much as he can while averaging about 25 points a game and playing very solid defense. He knows the game as well as anyone I've ever seen and carries his team on his back.

What you just wrote is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever read, everyone is now dumber for having read it. He is not better than eith Packineau or Shipman- good one.
commonman

Postby raindance11 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 am

baller01 wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:I think brandon benz from hazen is under rated...he is one heck of an outside shooter and has outstanding hops

Benz is very underrated. Same with Erhardt. He does a lot for that team but is overshaddowed with Marshall and Boger. Sorenson is also solid.

Erhardt is underrated... given that Boger and Marshall are amazing players he stepped up big in districts for them and by nailing that triple in OT... wish i woulda been there for that
raindance11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:15 am

raindance11 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
highschoolfbfan wrote:I think brandon benz from hazen is under rated...he is one heck of an outside shooter and has outstanding hops

Benz is very underrated. Same with Erhardt. He does a lot for that team but is overshaddowed with Marshall and Boger. Sorenson is also solid.

Erhardt is underrated... given that Boger and Marshall are amazing players he stepped up big in districts for them and by nailing that triple in OT... wish i woulda been there for that

no kidding! i have to agree, erhardt is very underratted.. i think boger might be overrated, but marshall is neither... hes very good and i have him being a huge impact on that team, and region 7 for the next two years.
Weezy Baby

PreviousNext

Return to Boys