underrated players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby always a sports season » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Good defensive players get very little press and yet they make a game exciting.  I'd say Ben Kaspari from  Lisbon was one of the best in that category.
always a sports season

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm

nc wrote:what about seth nichols from dp. He scores about 22 points a game 8 rebounds and has dunked it a few times. He is a very athletic player with a a height of about 6' 4" he will be one of the best next year.

I second that.... Hes kind of a kid that is known for being good at baseball and football, so basketball kind goes over loooked.  He scored 30 on arguably the best defender in the state Luke Lorenz, but Lorenz took him out of his game in districts.  He can shoot outside and over the past year has became a dominant inside player, with a variety of post moves.  He really excels in the fast break. Beating the other posts down the floor.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby VolsFan3 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:15 am

Zach Derr is the most underated player coming into next season
VolsFan3

Postby always a sports season » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Patrick Dougherty was one of the most underrated players in the SE.  He played point guard for Lisbon.  He was capable of being high scorer or second high scorer next to Carolblom but instead chose to be a true point guard feeding the ball to the other four players and letting them score.   He certainly made that team tick.  And Kaspari may not have been the defensive player he was if it wasn't for all the previous years of having to guard Dougherty at practice.  Dougherty had a knee injury the first part of his junior year and since there were 8 seniors that year, the coaching staff chose to have him sit out that year. Unfortunate - he would have been a name known across the state if he would have had a couple years of Varsity instead of just one.
always a sports season

Postby BigBalla » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Please! I saw Tyler play, and he shouldn't even be considered in the underated category.
BigBalla
NDPreps Rookie

Postby run-n-gun » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:41 pm

project-pat wrote:thomas burke from bowman doesn't get near the recognition he deserves. he is so tough and basically kept the bulldogs in the 2 games this weekend when nobody else would do anything.

I totally agree with you on this one. For not having any help for the whole year, burke gave the bulldogs a chance in every game they played. He kept em close and just needed a few people to contribute in most of their games. If he could have gotten some help from other players i think the bulldogs would have made some noise in the regional tourney.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby run-n-gun » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:45 pm

straightballer wrote:
project-pat wrote:thomas burke from bowman doesn't get near the recognition he deserves. he is so tough and basically kept the bulldogs in the 2 games this weekend when nobody else would do anything.

That is because thomas burke gets suspended for important games and leaves his teammates hangin. I think Mark Keithly is underrated he is the most important part of the trinity team.

What about every game all year when his teammates left him hangin? If he could have had someone contribute all year he would have had a greater feeling of responsibility for the team. But i agree with you that mark keithly is underrated. He does everything u want ur point to do.
run-n-gun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:48 pm

who is this zach derr and what school is he from
kobe4mvp

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:52 pm

i think john gunville of dunseith is on of the most underrated players i've seen play. because when you think of dunseith you think of 6'8 riley decoteau but when he is gettting doubled and can't get open thats when gunville really steps up. look for dunseith to be one of the elite teams next year. i know they are only returning 4 juniors from the team this year but you have to remember 3 of them were starters.
Last edited by kobe4mvp on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobe4mvp

Previous

Return to Boys