Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cash » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Who are the good teams in this region, every other region has a topic except for this one really...
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mwall30 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:06 pm

cash wrote:Who are the good teams in this region, every other region has a topic except for this one really...

Minnewaukan-Leeds
mwall30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:50 am

cash wrote:Who are the good teams in this region, every other region has a topic except for this one really...

Four Winds Indians!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:13 am

It'll come down to FW and L-M.  Maybe WC can put together a run but I'd doubt it.   It's a little early to tell how good they really are because their schedule so far has been a joke.  They're at L-M this friday so that should give us a clue as to how good they are. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 am

nativegolfer wrote:It'll come down to FW and L-M.  Maybe WC can put together a run but I'd doubt it.   It's a little early to tell how good they really are because their schedule so far has been a joke.  They're at L-M this friday so that should give us a clue as to how good they are. 

If it is too early to tell how good Wells Co. really is how can you doubt that they can make a run?

We all know FW and M-L are talented, but Wells Co. Returns 4 starters and their top subs from a pretty good team last year.  Scott Tweed is an excellent player, who could be considered an upper echelon player within the region.  Bryan Krahler is a solid second scoring option.  Ben Rogelstad has a couple of years experience running the point. 

I'll agree Wells Co. have not played any top teams, but with the exception of Standing Rock who has Four Winds played?  Minnewauken-Leeds has played Standing Rock and a Parshall team that is missing a Packineau.  FW and M-L does have at least one big game, but other than that they have not been challenged.

I would say it is a three team race between Four Winds, Minnewauken-Leeds and Wells Co.  and whoever is playing the best come regionals will take it, but as of right now it is too early to tell who the top dog is.  Friday's Matchup between WC and M-L will show a bit, but remember back to 2002 Sheyenne-Minnewauken beat Wells Co. in the regular season and then again in the districts but lost when it really counts in the region championship. 
Last edited by ND_Coach on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:14 pm

mwall30 wrote:

Minnewaukan-Leeds

Probably the biggest reason why Region 4 hasn't had a topic post yet is that most knowledgeable people in Region 4 on this site know that M-L, Four Winds and Wells are by far the best teams in the Region.  Carrington will keep improving.  Most know also that blowing smoke about how great their team is really doesn't matter until you play head to head. 
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:03 pm

i was kind of surpised at how low-scoring the first half was between four winds and new rockford-sheyenne. four winds turned it on in the second half, but they didn't score in the 80s like normal, i think they ended up with 60-some...i don't believe a region 4 team has held them to that few of points this season.

was the game slower paced? was four winds just having an off night offensively? was nrs doing something defensively?

while i don't think that nrs is considered a team to make it to state, do you think that they could surprise someone in the district or region tournament?
rep

Postby cash » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:10 pm

rep wrote:i was kind of surpised at how low-scoring the first half was between four winds and new rockford-sheyenne. four winds turned it on in the second half, but they didn't score in the 80s like normal, i think they ended up with 60-some...i don't believe a region 4 team has held them to that few of points this season.

was the game slower paced? was four winds just having an off night offensively? was nrs doing something defensively?

while i don't think that nrs is considered a team to make it to state, do you think that they could surprise someone in the district or region tournament?
did u see the harvey fess score, 46-33, fess was averaging 75 pts per game, this region has some good defensive teams
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:41 pm

cash wrote:did u see the harvey fess score, 46-33, fess was averaging 75 pts per game, this region has some good defensive teams

With each team having one player in double figs. and only 4 or 5 guys scoring what more do you expect? Fess has two solid players, tweed and krahler, if they cant get any help from the rest of the crew they wont score anywhere near 70 a game. I dont know anything about harvey but I know they average 55 so with only 4 guys scoring, and when one guy has 20 of the 33, good luck winning games like that. Teams with good balance are very tough to beat.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:47 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
cash wrote:did u see the harvey fess score, 46-33, fess was averaging 75 pts per game, this region has some good defensive teams

With each team having one player in double figs. and only 4 or 5 guys scoring what more do you expect? Fess has two solid players, tweed and krahler, if they cant get any help from the rest of the crew they wont score anywhere near 70 a game. I dont know anything about harvey but I know they average 55 so with only 4 guys scoring, and when one guy has 20 of the 33, good luck winning games like that. Teams with good balance are very tough to beat.
harveys usually better balanced
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:13 am

FW played their worst game of the year so far.  Not taking away anything from NR effort but FW missed alot of gimmes.  Their defense was horrible at times also.  Chanze H. got 3 fouls in the 1st Q. so that handcuffed the O for awhile.  If they play like that come tourney time they won't be going very far.  Oh well, I guess every team goes thru a rough stretch.  Hopefully we get ours out of the way now. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:40 am

nativegolfer wrote:FW played their worst game of the year so far.  Not taking away anything from NR effort but FW missed alot of gimmes.  Their defense was horrible at times also.  Chanze H. got 3 fouls in the 1st Q. so that handcuffed the O for awhile.  If they play like that come tourney time they won't be going very far.  Oh well, I guess every team goes thru a rough stretch.  Hopefully we get ours out of the way now. 

A win is a win.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 am

harvey held wells county to 46 points becuz they were 5 for 24 from the 3 point line and harvey play a triangle and 2 chasing scott tweed and ben rogelstad and wells county just wasnt hitting their open shots
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:19 pm

I'll just throw this out here for more discussion.  What teams do you think will make it to regionals from each district?
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:30 pm

Stromer wrote:I'll just throw this out here for more discussion.  What teams do you think will make it to regionals from each district?

4 Winds, Wells County, Carrington, Lakota

Minn-Leeds, Langdon, North Star, Adams-Edmore

Dist. 8 is pretty weak outside of ML
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Stromer wrote:I'll just throw this out here for more discussion.  What teams do you think will make it to regionals from each district?

4 winds, wells county, carrington, midkota from district 7
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:14 pm

yeah, its a toss up for the 4th spot. Lakota played well earlier in the year and now they are struggling so maybe they'll pull it together, maybe not.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:27 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:4 Winds, Wells County, Carrington, Lakota

Minn-Leeds, Langdon, North Star, Adams-Edmore

Dist. 8 is pretty weak outside of ML

I have to agree that Dist. 8 is very weak after M-L.  I'll take M-L, Langdon, Munich- Starkweather, and A-E from Dist 8.  From Dist 7: Four Winds, Carrington, Wells County, and possibly NR-S in the 4th spot.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:32 am

Just wondering...has anyone seen maddock play? if so....how did they do
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:36 am

They have 1 win. They will probably be in the play in game for the district.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:37 am

i know that they were going to have a down year....but there coach is pretty good...and i just looked at their stats on ndhsaa...they have played a few close games? i'm just wondering what everyone's opinions are on them?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cash » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:27 pm

harvey beat lakota by 23 in lakota tonight
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shotcaller1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:13 am

maddock is football players playin basketball. they're athletic, but they just don't have much bball skill. they concentrate on football
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Four Winds put the hurt on BCN tonight, 100-51 out at Fort Totten. Region 4 is going to be one of the toughest regions in the state this year, no doubt about it.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rkmt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:02 pm

According to the GF Herald, Ironheart had 31.  He keeps on rolling - I doubt he played a great deal late, it was 51-13 at half according to the line score.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys