toughest place to play

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:51 am

knights4 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:there are no varsity games in neche anymore.  the last game was played in the 2004-2005 season against the minto rockets.  Since the high school all goes to pembina they have the varsity games in walhalla or pembina.  there is still games for the younger kids like elementary and maybe junior high.  they still practice in neche however. 

I would also agree the hardest place i've ever played in and won was the crystal gym.  if valley-edinburg has a good team which they did last year it is quite an accomplishment to win in that place.  cavaliers gym is one of the hardest based half on the crowd.  they have got in more players heads over the years then i can count.  even if they don't have a "great" team, kind of like last year they are one of the hardest teams to beat at home.  they had a 23 game home winning streak still going in the 2005 season which was snapped by..... north border. :D

Ya, if i remember right you guys did beat us last year in crystal, and by you guys i mean Zack Winkler, who would have gotten my vote for senior player of the year over Matt and Torre, i think Matt won because of what he did over his whole career not just last year.

I'd have to agree with you there.  Matt was probably the most talented player in the region last year but he didn't always go all out when he played.  In the head-to-head matchups with cavalier/north border, winkler always outperformed matt in the statistical categories.  We were 2-1 against cavalier last year and in the district tournament I thought the way zak played was going to make him a lock to win the district and even the region player of the year.  I didn't have a problem with matt winning it because he was deserving of it and it probably was on his career numbers, he did produce well last season.  V-E found out how good he could've been all year in the district 3rd and 4th place game when he went off for something like 35 points i think.  BTW - yes zak going for 31 in crystal did help win the game haha...
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fan_sister » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:22 pm

Anyone been to Wolford? Very small atmosphere with limited seating. Bad lighting and tiled floors.
fan_sister

Postby Stromer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:46 pm

fan_sister wrote:Anyone been to Wolford? Very small atmosphere with limited seating. Bad lighting and tiled floors.

I watched a girls game there a couple of years ago.  It had just snowed and since there isn't any space between the sidelines and the bleachers, people tracked in a lot of snow onto the court.  During the game there was so much water on the court that they were trying to dry it up during every timeout.  After that game I think our AD basically told them we weren't going to play them in Wolford again, only in Rolette.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:49 pm

well I'm not allowed to say trinity because bowman plays more games there than they do at home this year haha. 6 home games and 9 games at trinity(if they make the region championship.)
project-pat

Postby whatsit2u » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:37 pm

I have to say four winds is the toughest place to play in.  I think half the rez is there and it just gets pretty loud in there at times and they have the drums playing all the time too.  Just not very fun to play there.
whatsit2u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:41 pm

whatsit2u wrote:I have to say four winds is the toughest place to play in.  I think half the rez is there and it just gets pretty loud in there at times and they have the drums playing all the time too.  Just not very fun to play there.

haha no way. I agree, FW's team is just too dominating and they have the BEST crowd too.
project-pat

Postby whatsit2u » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:34 pm

project-pat wrote:
whatsit2u wrote:I have to say four winds is the toughest place to play in.  I think half the rez is there and it just gets pretty loud in there at times and they have the drums playing all the time too.  Just not very fun to play there.

haha no way. I agree, FW's team is just too dominating and they have the BEST crowd too.

Yea I know I would hate to be there if they loose.  Of course they never do cause there really good.  LOL even when they play at teh sports center I think the whole rez makes it there too.
whatsit2u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby random guy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:01 pm

Id agree with the rez bein the most intimidating place to play. They always got some loud mothers chantin stuff and than the always start the INDIANS chant. I even got into that when they played at the sport center.
random guy
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys