Shiloh staying in Class B?!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Shiloh staying in Class B?!

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:00 pm

There have been a lot of grumblings about how NDHSAA is treating the enrollments of private schools. The rumor is there have been threats of lawsuits and even getting state legislators involved if they don't go by strict enrollment. I guess Shiloh has said they will go where their enrollment says they should go (CLASS B!). I haven't heard about OG or DT though. There is a meeting in April where NDHSAA is expected to get rid of the AA enrollment nonsense.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Shiloh staying in Class B?!

Postby packers21 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:51 pm

Flip wrote:There have been a lot of grumblings about how NDHSAA is treating the enrollments of private schools. The rumor is there have been threats of lawsuits and even getting state legislators involved if they don't go by strict enrollment. I guess Shiloh has said they will go where their enrollment says they should go (CLASS B!). I haven't heard about OG or DT though. There is a meeting in April where NDHSAA is expected to get rid of the AA enrollment nonsense.

Does Shiloh fit into the Class B parameters set forth by the NDHSAAA and Board of Directors, in the newest plan?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:07 pm

packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:There have been a lot of grumblings about how NDHSAA is treating the enrollments of private schools. The rumor is there have been threats of lawsuits and even getting state legislators involved if they don't go by strict enrollment. I guess Shiloh has said they will go where their enrollment says they should go (CLASS B!). I haven't heard about OG or DT though. There is a meeting in April where NDHSAA is expected to get rid of the AA enrollment nonsense.

Does Shiloh fit into the Class B parameters set forth by the NDHSAAA and Board of Directors, in the newest plan?

Shiloh & DT would fit in B as under 162.5
OG above the cutoff for now but numbers are dwindling

I haven’t seen anything on the board meeting preview for April on this though…I guess we’ll know more in a few days.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RiverMiner99 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:33 pm

This would be great to see happen. I don't agree with it, but the reasons stated for the 3 class proposal were less than honest. The #1 reason for 3 classes is to get the private schools out of class B. If the people pushing the 3 class system would be honest about their motivations people would be more open to supporting it. I know they got enough support, but everyone had to disguise their motivations due to the reason the committee dreamed up to build support. The other big reason for the 3 class system getting passed is that some of the big B's are scared that they are approaching the magic 325 number. Noone cared when it was Watford City that had to move up, but look at the next handful of teams that will be reaching 325. Those schools want nothing to do with playing Bismarck Century and they will put the work in to make sure they don't have to (i.e. create 3 class system).
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby olufsen2022 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:37 am

When is the meeting in April and what exactly is the meeting for?
olufsen2022
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:58 am

RiverMiner99 wrote:

This would be great to see happen. I don't agree with it, but the reasons stated for the 3 class proposal were less than honest. The #1 reason for 3 classes is to get the private schools out of class B. If the people pushing the 3 class system would be honest about their motivations people would be more open to supporting it. I know they got enough support, but everyone had to disguise their motivations due to the reason the committee dreamed up to build support. The other big reason for the 3 class system getting passed is that some of the big B's are scared that they are approaching the magic 325 number. Noone cared when it was Watford City that had to move up, but look at the next handful of teams that will be reaching 325. Those schools want nothing to do with playing Bismarck Century and they will put the work in to make sure they don't have to (i.e. create 3 class system).

Only one school was getting up their to move to Class A and that would have Been CC and they would have capped before they reached that number. BUT the only reason for this 3 class system is to get the privates out of class B. AND Minot already is screwing the system and staying in class B. WHICH is wrong.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:21 am

maddog1971 wrote:
RiverMiner99 wrote:

Only one school was getting up their to move to Class A and that would have Been CC and they would have capped before they reached that number. BUT the only reason for this 3 class system is to get the privates out of class B. AND Minot already is screwing the system and staying in class B. WHICH is wrong.

CC will still be over in VB/FB and is already moving up Wrestling, capping wouldn't make a difference, They already have the numbers in the building. Switching VC and CC would have been a pretty easy transition.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby washed_up » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:09 am

Anybody notice the first post on this thread was made on April 1st?
washed_up
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bk1990 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:16 am

Only one school was getting up their to move to Class A and that would have Been CC and they would have capped before they reached that number. BUT the only reason for this 3 class system is to get the privates out of class B. AND Minot already is screwing the system and staying in class B. WHICH is wrong.[/quote]

First off, how do you cap enrollment at a public school? Not only do you dislike private schools, but it would seem you dislike the larger B schools also.
Second, Bishop Ryan-not MInot- its easy to see what you are doing when you refer to them as that, are not screwing the system. They are following the parameters set out by the NDHSAA. You seemed to be fine when the 3 class was going through, but when it wasn't exactly as you wanted, now you think it is a terrible idea. You seem to only want change when it meets all your criteria.
Third, if this in not an April Fools joke as the one person pointed out, people have issue with Shiloh, change something with the transfer rules. This seems to have some point of contention. People have referenced that they seem to get a larger number of transfers later in high school, then focus on that rather than "Capping enrollment, larger pool of people to draw from".
Yes, I will call them parochial schools, they are religious based, private schools are rather exclusive, from my experience, anyone can go to the parochial schools in the state, you have to be willing to pay the tuition though. Yes, they do have a larger population from the cities they are in. But you don't just enroll and go. There is tuition to pay, and contrary to popular belief by some people on the forum, they do not waive or pay the tuition to bring in good athletes. If you are going to make that claim, give proof. Just by saying something over and over again doesn't make it true
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:40 am

maddog1971 wrote:
RiverMiner99 wrote:

Actually the only reason for the 3 class system was for VC, Wahp, Watford, TMCHS and DL to be competitive and not have to play the large schools...remember who the creators of the plan are. The private schools out of B was the driving force for the B school but the creators wanted to be 'competitive' and playing like sized enrollments.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am

WalkingStick wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
RiverMiner99 wrote:

Actually the only reason for the 3 class system was for VC, Wahp, Watford, TMCHS and DL to be competitive and not have to play the large schools...remember who the creators of the plan are. The private schools out of B was the driving force for the B school but the creators wanted to be 'competitive' and playing like sized enrollments.

If "by playing like sized enrollments" you mean "schools that are smaller" you are correct...... :D :lol:
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:01 pm

washed_up wrote:Anybody notice the first post on this thread was made on April 1st?

Yup...sure hope this wasn't a twisted joke on the dumbest 'holiday' of the year by Flip.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:01 pm

washed_up wrote:Anybody notice the first post on this thread was made on April 1st?

;)
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UncleRico » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:15 pm

Flip wrote:

;)

You know it was a good one when someone says it was posted on April Fools Day, and the banter just carries on anyway! :D
UncleRico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RiverMiner99 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:40 pm

You forgot the part about the twins transferring in next year as well. That would have covered all the private hate issues in one post! :)
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am

bk1990 wrote:Only one school was getting up their to move to Class A and that would have Been CC and they would have capped before they reached that number. BUT the only reason for this 3 class system is to get the privates out of class B. AND Minot already is screwing the system and staying in class B. WHICH is wrong.

First off, how do you cap enrollment at a public school? Not only do you dislike private schools, but it would seem you dislike the larger B schools also.
Second, Bishop Ryan-not MInot- its easy to see what you are doing when you refer to them as that, are not screwing the system. They are following the parameters set out by the NDHSAA. You seemed to be fine when the 3 class was going through, but when it wasn't exactly as you wanted, now you think it is a terrible idea. You seem to only want change when it meets all your criteria.
Third, if this in not an April Fools joke as the one person pointed out, people have issue with Shiloh, change something with the transfer rules. This seems to have some point of contention. People have referenced that they seem to get a larger number of transfers later in high school, then focus on that rather than "Capping enrollment, larger pool of people to draw from".
Yes, I will call them parochial schools, they are religious based, private schools are rather exclusive, from my experience, anyone can go to the parochial schools in the state, you have to be willing to pay the tuition though. Yes, they do have a larger population from the cities they are in. But you don't just enroll and go. There is tuition to pay, and contrary to popular belief by some people on the forum, they do not waive or pay the tuition to bring in good athletes. If you are going to make that claim, give proof. Just by saying something over and over again doesn't make it true[/quote]
So if Minot is a typical class be school... They graduated 7 Seniors that played and heart and soul of that team. 6'4, 6;4 , 6'6 , 6'2, 6'3. So I that means that Minot will be down for the next 3 or 4 years like the other class B towns in their area would be. We will see. Looks like they will only have one 5'11 senior on their team. Maybe God will provide some families with the resources to help Minto to another state tournament.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys