Father Time > Mother Nature > Your Tournament Seed

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Father Time > Mother Nature > Your Tournament Seed

Postby heimer » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:47 pm

Eventually, it has to be May. Winter can't last forever.

Time is the only opponent the weather can't beat.

The way some ADs laughed off getting kids stranded on the interstate last week so they could sneak one last game in for a tournament seed is disgusting.

The weather was forecast to be terrible all day, and the day before that. Moving games up two hours was no solution, and we all knew it. But that game in the region was more important than a kids life.

Now day, after Region III had all day to look at the conditions, they are cancelling half the first round, while teams struggled to even make it to their first game on time (one team wasn't there yet 40 minutes before the first game)

It's time for us to wake up and realize that we're not smarter than winter storms, and the kids staying alive is more important than your precious top seed in the tournament. You have to beat the same teams anyway. What the aytch Eee double hockey-sticks are these people with multiple degrees thinking?
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Father Time > Mother Nature > Your Tournament Seed

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:47 pm

Well said. This storm was predicted a few days ago, unfortunately so many schools and school boards put athletics ahead of academics, student safety, etc.... I really don't see how they can play games tomorrow or Wednesday, but I am sure the people with multiple degrees will have a "plan".
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:29 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Well said. This storm was predicted a few days ago, unfortunately so many schools and school boards put athletics ahead of academics, student safety, etc.... I really don't see how they can play games tomorrow or Wednesday, but I am sure the people with multiple degrees will have a "plan".

What’s the alternative? When would you play the games ?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby heimer » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:06 pm

Well, the team that got stranded was idle Thursday the 16th, Friday the 17th, tonight (likely canceled again) and tomorrow.

This doesn't include Wednesdays.

There were options beyond sending a team out to spend the night on the side of the road.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:22 pm

heimer wrote:Well, the team that got stranded was idle Thursday the 16th, Friday the 17th, tonight (likely canceled again) and tomorrow.

There were options beyond sending a team out to spend the night on the side of the road.

You only talk in code so I have no clue who you are referring to.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:03 am

heimer wrote:Eventually, it has to be May. Winter can't last forever.

Time is the only opponent the weather can't beat.

The way some ADs laughed off getting kids stranded on the interstate last week so they could sneak one last game in for a tournament seed is disgusting.

The weather was forecast to be terrible all day, and the day before that. Moving games up two hours was no solution, and we all knew it. But that game in the region was more important than a kids life.

Now day, after Region III had all day to look at the conditions, they are cancelling half the first round, while teams struggled to even make it to their first game on time (one team wasn't there yet 40 minutes before the first game)

It's time for us to wake up and realize that we're not smarter than winter storms, and the kids staying alive is more important than your precious top seed in the tournament. You have to beat the same teams anyway. What the aytch Eee double hockey-sticks are these people with multiple degrees thinking?

This is so well stated. Athletics are the TOP PRIORITY in academics these days. School can be cancelled the day before a storm, yet "the game must go on". I've seen administrators being praised on social media for "working so hard to get our kids home", after last week's unfortunate incidences. People forget, those same administrators are the reason those kids were out on the road in the first place. Fortunately, there were no injuries, or worse, to any of those stranded last week. However, all could have been avoided if "the game" was viewed the same as math class, when winter weather is forecast.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:20 am

Sounds like we’ve got a couple future ADs in this thread. Isn’t that lucky!
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:41 am

packers21 wrote:
heimer wrote:Well, the team that got stranded was idle Thursday the 16th, Friday the 17th, tonight (likely canceled again) and tomorrow.

He is referring to the Casselton boys basketball team that spent 10 hours stranded in their bus on the interstate.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bisonguy06 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:51 am

BasketballMind wrote:Sounds like we’ve got a couple future ADs in this thread. Isn’t that lucky!

Bingo.
Sometimes I think that these ADs are overpaid.
Then I'm reminded that every town has a Heimer.

Tip of the cap to the men (and women) who are in the arena and are making the difficult decisions this week and beyond.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:56 am

Anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback. The forecasts stated the storm was going to be going south and east, which everyone that night took into consideration. Once the bus hits the road there is nothing else you can do. The Casselton bus was not the only vehicle on the road that night either. Lots of parents took to the road too. I'm quite positive they didn't send their bus driver and kids on the road anticipating it to be dangerous. How about we save this "won't someone please think of the children" virtue signaling.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:58 am

Bisonguy06 wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:Sounds like we’ve got a couple future ADs in this thread. Isn’t that lucky!

Bingo.
Sometimes I think that these ADs are overpaid.
Then I'm reminded that every town has a Heimer.

Tip of the cap to the men (and women) who are in the arena and are making the difficult decisions this week and beyond.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Your daddy » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:26 am

I don't understand the tournament seed aspect of your post. Obviously you're talking about CC. Both them and sargent county are undefeated in region play and are scheduled to play later this week. Winner of that game will get the 1 seed.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:54 am

it is tough call when dealing with weather. I would say since we live in North Dakota we all know how to deal with bad weather and if we stayed home every time it snowed or blew we would never leave the house. Kids need to have warm clothes on, hats and gloves.... more schools should have plans in place to house a visiting teams in cases like these.
And I am sure those kids actually enjoyed it. Story for the rest of their lives....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:22 pm

sportsphenom wrote:
packers21 wrote:

He is referring to the Casselton boys basketball team that spent 10 hours stranded in their bus on the interstate.

Had it not been for a few unfortunate accidents ahead of them they'd been back in plenty of time.

We live in a state where weather can change in an instant. You leave for a game and it's 40 sunny and melting...you come home with blowing snow with a low wind.

We live in a state where it looks like a storm is going to be awful and then it falls apart and a snow day looks like a wasted day...it happens every winter...and then people like Heimer complain. It's not a win-win situation as an administrator with our winter weather...or as a meteorologist...
If you think you can predict the weather better go be a local meteorologist...You'll fail (they all do because it is VERY hard to predict...I went into that field I know).
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Central Cass likely had to consider scheduling concerns later in the week. The state boys and girls wresting meets plus the girls regional games could have conflicted with re-scheduling that Tuesday nite game at Richland.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bingobangobongo » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:16 pm

Person: "I can't believe these administrators put students/coaches/parents on the road by deciding to have this game when the weather forecast sucked and turned out to be correct."

Same Person: "I can't believe these administrators cancelled school/school event the night before when the weather forecast sucked and it turned out to be nice."

Bitches gonna bit ch, Karens gonna Karen, Boomers gonna boom...
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:10 pm

leroybla wrote:Central Cass likely had to consider scheduling concerns later in the week. The state boys and girls wresting meets plus the girls regional games could have conflicted with re-scheduling that Tuesday nite game at Richland.

And now consider that had they moved that game to this week they'd be crunched to get it in again with the weather we've had this week. I have a feeling all R1 games for tomorrow will be pushed back.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:48 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
leroybla wrote:Central Cass likely had to consider scheduling concerns later in the week. The state boys and girls wresting meets plus the girls regional games could have conflicted with re-scheduling that Tuesday nite game at Richland.

And now consider that had they moved that game to this week they'd be crunched to get it in again with the weather we've had this week. I have a feeling all R1 games for tomorrow will be pushed back.

Exactly. So much goes into those decisions, but I guess it's easier to do what Heimer did with this post. Everyone shaking their fists and clutching their pearls last week should go be an AD. Make sure under special skills you all include "Perfect 20/20 hindsight" in your resume.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:09 pm

Grew up in a world with no cell phones, vehicles that broke down and you had to get out and fix yourself. My belief is in alignment with some on here that the world has become wussified. I’d say something else but would probably get banned. With that said, I find it comical that 2 of the biggest cry babies on this site start throwing stones from their glass houses. Basketballmind is preaching about Monday morning QBs. The guy that is a prognosticator on the future of the 3 class system. Righteous. Bisonguy06 joins right in on queue. I will agree with the fact that there may have been some over reaction on the subject of this thread but the pearl clutching statement is perfect for the 2 crybabies. Pouting Peters should take off your designer masks so we can understand what you are saying and see your pouting lips.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 pm

There is a lot of interesting things said here. Yeah! You can't predict what it is going to do outside. No! I don't think the AD's would put kids in that situation. Games are easier to reschedule during the regular season, than when it comes to tournament time.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:39 am

I took virtually all of 2021 and 2022 off from this site.

So if I’m back in the running for biggest crybaby in 2023, I also want to be considered for comeback player of the year. ;)
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 am

BasketballMind wrote:Exactly. So much goes into those decisions, but I guess it's easier to do what Heimer did with this post. Everyone shaking their fists and clutching their pearls last week should go be an AD. Make sure under special skills you all include "Perfect 20/20 hindsight" in your resume.

I super agree with this! Except about your comments on the 3 class plan............................................
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:35 am

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Grew up in a world with no cell phones, vehicles that broke down and you had to get out and fix yourself. My belief is in alignment with some on here that the world has become wussified. I’d say something else but would probably get banned. With that said, I find it comical that 2 of the biggest cry babies on this site start throwing stones from their glass houses. Basketballmind is preaching about Monday morning QBs. The guy that is a prognosticator on the future of the 3 class system. Righteous. Bisonguy06 joins right in on queue. I will agree with the fact that there may have been some over reaction on the subject of this thread but the pearl clutching statement is perfect for the 2 crybabies. Pouting Peters should take off your designer masks so we can understand what you are saying and see your pouting lips.

Ok boomer
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:01 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
Ok boomer

Touche' Twitter.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys