Luke Lorenz

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 am

hahaha...thanks for the laugh
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:09 am

The Schwab wrote:hahaha...thanks for the laugh

about?
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:11 am

skills = average
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:13 am

The Schwab wrote:skills = average

whats he have then , some height and monkey arms other than that?
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:14 am

you and every other lorenz basher on here needs to realize the facts.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:16 am

The Schwab wrote:you and every other lorenz basher on here needs to realize the facts.

the fact are?

plug someone else in that spot and they would do the same

im not a lorenz basher i just think the praise on him is a "little" overwhelming
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:18 am

ya i guess that he doesnt deserve the praise.....all district since a sophomore, back to back state tourney appearances, the best defender in ND, All State 1st team as a Junior, and State Tournament M.V.P as a Junior....get real
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:23 am

The Schwab wrote:ya i guess that he doesnt deserve the praise.....all district since a sophomore, back to back state tourney appearances, the best defender in ND, All State 1st team as a Junior, and State Tournament M.V.P as a Junior....get real

oh now im starting to gag- best defender in nd?  put some body else in that spot and they would do the same.  the mvp call was embarrassing, that one tv sportcaster was drinking the kool-aid all the tournament.  all state 1st team hes the man!
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:36 am

any one else in what spot
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:14 am

thundastruck. wrote:
The Schwab wrote:ya i guess that he doesnt deserve the praise.....all district since a sophomore, back to back state tourney appearances, the best defender in ND, All State 1st team as a Junior, and State Tournament M.V.P as a Junior....get real

oh now im starting to gag- best defender in nd?  put some body else in that spot and they would do the same.  the mvp call was embarrassing, that one tv sportcaster was drinking the kool-aid all the tournament.  all state 1st team hes the man!

If you asked anyone from ND in their right mind, they will say Lorenz is the best defender in the state, hands down. You could ask any coach, any sportscaster, and any TRUE basketball fan, and they would tell you he is. I don't know how you can overlook what he has done.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:15 am

Thank you....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:21 am

The Schwab wrote:Thank you....

put that mauch kid from hankinson in place of L L,  mpcg would probably be undefeated. 
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:24 am

WOW.....GOOD ONE.....thank you for saying the dumbest thing i've heard today
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 am

The Schwab wrote:WOW.....GOOD ONE.....thank you for saying the dumbest thing i've heard today

whats so dumb about that, put someone else in place of L L they will do just the same or better.  tho i heard duke was looking into L L the other day
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 am

Hold on......yes....i do believe that you just topped your previous statement....bashing a kid who works his man off......GOOD ONE
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 am

thundastruck. wrote:
The Schwab wrote:WOW.....GOOD ONE.....thank you for saying the dumbest thing i've heard today

whats so dumb about that, put someone else in place of L L they will do just the same or better.  tho i heard duke was looking into L L the other day

The way some people on here talk about him you'd think that was true, i think he's a good player but i think him playing for mayville has made him a little over hyped if you put him on a different team he wouldn't be as hyped up as he is
AandBfan

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:44 am

again....i honestly cant believe how you can say the kid is overhyped? what hasnt he done, and i know your going to say win a state tournament.....but besides that?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:47 am

I like him as a player he's one of the best defenders around, but if it wasn't him there would be another player from mayville getting all this hype it just comes with the territory when you play mpcg
AandBfan

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:48 am

Well i would like to here what players from mayville got alot of undeserved credit.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:53 am

He works hard and he's a good player, but people on here talking about him going  d-1 are completely wrong, what does he have that makes him d-1 caliber over some of class b's other good players
AandBfan

Postby web17 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:03 am

Hey, Luke Lorenz is a good player and works his tail off. everybody knows that, but what i was wondering does anyone know who is recruiting him? i'm sure like Mayville is, but are any bigger teams after him?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 am

web17 wrote:Hey, Luke Lorenz is a good player and works his tail off. everybody knows that, but what i was wondering does anyone know who is recruiting him? i'm sure like Mayville is, but are any bigger teams after him?

in another topic Iowa State was mentioned but im not sure.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:07 am

the most recent thing i've heard that i know for sure was the truth was that he hadn't decided if he wanted to play football or basketball at the next level. and once he decided between them then he would narrow down the schools, but i dont know what schools have been interested in him
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:08 am

thundastruck. wrote:

whose better?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:58 pm

AandBfan wrote:He works hard and he's a good player, but people on here talking about him going  d-1 are completely wrong, what does he have that makes him d-1 caliber over some of class b's other good players

What is the famous saying..."defense wins championships." Every good team needs a defensive stopper. Look at the San Antonio Spurs. A very complete team that won the NBA title a couple years ago. Everyone always talked about Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, and Manu Ginaboli. The fact of the matter is, there was a guy named Bruce Bowen. He was there defensive stopper who night in and night out was asked to stop the oppenents best player. Every good team has one at any level. Sure Lorenz isn't going to go to a college and be the teams best player, he isn't that kind of player. He is a defender and a role player. It was WAY harder to find a good defender and role player then it is to find a good offensive player. That is what Lorenz brings to the table night in and night out that no one else in the state does.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys