Luke Lorenz

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:47 pm

i really am curious to if its true that craig nelson only had 5 turnovers his senior year
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:12 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i really am curious to if its true that craig nelson only had 5 turnovers his senior year

i heard that to

thundastruck.

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 pm

BB11 wrote:[user=1518]Class bbbb[/user] wrote:
horne98 wrote:Lorenz is 6'3" or maybe 6'4". i don't know if lorenz is getting d1 looks or not.� But if he was i think the team would be getting a competitor with an excellent work ethic. Just those attributes makes him a prospect. Not to mention he can play the game a little too.

There is no way Lorenz could play D-1. I think he would have a tough time surviving in the dac. Not overly quick, doesn't shoot the�ball too�well, and doesn't pass that well either.

I know Luke - he is a classy kid. I've worked with him a few times in the past 4 years - I have rarely met a kid who works harder at his game in all aspects. Weight training - running - and all basketball fundamentals. I wouldn't leave anything out of the equation where Luke is involved. He reminds me a lot of Craig Nelson - who I consider to be the best point guard this state has seen in the last 20 years - my opinion only.
Luke is one of those kids who gives athletes a good name - he's a hard worker - courteous - and is willing to lend a hand to younger kids if they need help. Let's not sell him short on what he can and can't do - only he knows that.
And before anyone says anything - NO I am not from Mayville or from anywhere in that region - I just know Luke and know the type of person he is.

that was very emotional.
thundastruck.

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:14 pm

[user=2039]thundastruck.[/user] wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i really am curious to if its true that craig nelson only had 5 turnovers his senior year

i heard that to

I thought i had heard some crazy number like that also. He was also lights out from the free throw line, Anybody got numbers on that?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:15 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
horne98 wrote:Lorenz is 6'3" or maybe 6'4". i don't know if lorenz is getting d1 looks or not.� But if he was i think the team would be getting a competitor with an excellent work ethic. Just those attributes makes him a prospect. Not to mention he can play the game a little too.

There is no way Lorenz could play D-1. I think he would have a tough time surviving in the dac. Not overly quick, doesn't shoot the�ball too�well, and doesn't pass that well either.

I know Luke - he is a classy kid. I've worked with him a few times in the past 4 years - I have rarely met a kid who works harder at his game in all aspects. Weight training - running - and all basketball fundamentals. I wouldn't leave anything out of the equation where Luke is involved. He reminds me a lot of Craig Nelson - who I consider to be the best point guard this state has seen in the last 20 years - my opinion only.
Luke is one of those kids who gives athletes a good name - he's a hard worker - courteous - and is willing to lend a hand to younger kids if they need help. Let's not sell him short on what he can and can't do - only he knows that.
And before anyone says anything - NO I am not from Mayville or from anywhere in that region - I just know Luke and know the type of person he is.

that was very emotional.

And very true.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:15 pm

Class bbbb wrote:
horne98 wrote:Lorenz is 6'3" or maybe 6'4". i don't know if lorenz is getting d1 looks or not.  But if he was i think the team would be getting a competitor with an excellent work ethic. Just those attributes makes him a prospect. Not to mention he can play the game a little too.

There is no way Lorenz could play D-1. I think he would have a tough time surviving in the dac. Not overly quick, doesn't shoot the ball too well, and doesn't pass that well either.

Thee most true post I think I've ever read about Luke.
thundastruck.

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:18 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=2039]thundastruck.[/user] wrote:

i heard that to

�

I thought i had heard some crazy number like that also. He was also lights out from the free throw line, Anybody got numbers on that?

got no numbers on me-- but a miss was rare.  had to be 95%
thundastruck.

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 pm

where is lorenz thinking of going?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:23 pm

The Schwab wrote:
baller01 wrote:

YES!!!! finally another person on this site who know's Luke and what he's all about....
 YES!!  i going to gag.
thundastruck.

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:27 pm

i take this back.  it was his junior year that i heard this becuz wells county played them  in the state tourney
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:32 pm

sodadrinker wrote:

i take this back.  it was his junior year that i heard this becuz wells county played them  in the state tourney

ya thats true, it was his jr year-  i dont remember much of that talk durin his sr. year, dont remem?..?...
thundastruck.

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:43 pm

SCC wrote:Nelson had 5 turnovers at state his junior year.  Maybe that's what you are thinking?

On the topic of Lorenz...  He could definitely be a defensive asset for any team in the DAC.

no i heard that he only had a couple or even one at the end of the regular season,  granted have a 6'10"  and a 6'6'' guys would make life easier entering the ball down low.  but that stat was floating around - amazin

thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:16 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
baller01 wrote:

YES!!!! finally another person on this site who know's Luke and what he's all about....
 YES!!  i going to gag.
i just have one request......that you back up why you think that lorenz isnt as good as people say.....and i would like a few facts....not just opinions
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys