Beulah?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:07 pm

wat happened there?
Ping Pong

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:18 pm

yeah weren't they supposed to run the tables just because they used to be in class a? that just shows how beatable they are. I could see them losing to a team like hazen or killdeer but not Watford City. That definately changes my mind about that team.
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:33 pm

agreed hazen is my front runner 4 sure now but its still a huge toss up.
Ping Pong

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:34 pm

i thought wattford city has a good team. i though they were at least thought of as a team advancing to regionals. did i miss something here? for some reason i just don't find this too shocking. WC has a nice team from what i have heard.
PA42

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:43 pm

ok ya i definately meant nuthin bad about watford. i heard they were good also. thumbs up to them im serious but beulah was supposed to be so good. i just didnt c it comin i guess.
Ping Pong

Postby windex » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:42 am

Beulah has good athletes that need to learn to play as a team... Being a Beulah fan for 16 years, the media had the hype since we weere class A last year.

Every year top regional B team could play and beat a number of Class A teams... WC, Hazen, Trinity, should all give Beulah a run ....

Another problem Beulah has as a team limited time playing together ... 1 starter from last year, a transfer from Minn, and three  players that got limited play as reserves. It takes time to jell as a team, if it happens at all.
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:52 am

It could also help that WC shot 65% but didn't a few teams give them a good game a mediocre team like shiloh almost beat them but then they went the next night to beat a good bottineau team handily but I'm looking forward to a game between them and DT
NDdominator

Postby westpower » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm

The wolves have an outstanding team who have played together for a while. MARK MY WORDS!!!!   " STATE BOUND"

Buelah im sure is agood team but wc looked better and got the best of them
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 pm

hmm......if im not mistaken, beulah only beat richardton by 6 tonight, can you say overrated
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:38 pm

hmm......if im not mistaken, beulah only beat richardton by 6 tonight, can you say overrated

I saw that, pretty surprised. Is RT that good, or is Beulah in a funk right now?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:40 pm

well im not allowed to say they're bad because they beat bowman twice. But i wouldnt say they're at the level that beulah was supposed to be at this year which they are not living up to.
project-pat

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:03 pm

If you think Killdeer is the team to beat and Watford suprised you....Watford was up by as much as 9 points late in the 3rd quarter against Killdeer before from what I heard there best player coudn't hit a sweet and they got outscored like 21-4 in the 4th so I don't think WC beating Beulah should be that big of a shock...after watching WC in the football playoffs im starting to think they got alot of good athletes out there along with a great athletic tradition!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby automatic99 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:26 am

I agree, I think Watford City has a solid team and a great chance to make it to state this year.  They are very athletic and well coached.  It seems like they are always prepared and ready to play.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby J-Rod34 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 am

westpower wrote:The wolves have an outstanding team who have played together for a while. MARK MY WORDS!!!!   " STATE BOUND"

You might want to refresh your mind on who is in Watford's region and then take a look at the state polls.
J-Rod34

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 am

Hey..... I think what you will see from Beulah is that they will improve as the season goes on just because of the familiarity of the players as the season goes on..... as will most of the other teams.  But as was mentioned earlier..... one starter from last year, one player that came off the bench, a transfer from Montana and 2 jv players from last year.  Doesn't sound like a team that should have been preseason #1!!  I can say "over rated" just like anyone else..... but not their fault.  If they are on your schedule.... you still best be ready to bring your best... they have some sneaky speed in their first 5!!
Bearsfan

Postby windex » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 am

I'm bad transfer from MN not Montana.... One thing I've noticed Coach Olson plays 8-9 players for most of the games .... Never looks to blow out anyone. He's more concerned about players for the future.
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 am

You are right about Olson never really blowing anyone out........ The kid from Montana really brings something that they needed.... a point guard.  

Beulah will need to learn to play against a press because Hazen, DT and Killdeer will be coming at them hard if they can't!!!  They need to learn to punish teams that put on a press and throw over the press.  WC pressed and that is where Beulah fell apart.  Olson knows this and should be working on it.  We'll see on Tuesday... they play Hazen in Beulah. 
Bearsfan

Postby westpower » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:36 am

J-Rod34 wrote:
westpower wrote:The wolves have an outstanding team who have played together for a while. MARK MY WORDS!!!!   " STATE BOUND"

You might want to refresh your mind on who is in Watford's region and then take a look at the state polls.

Parshal is very salt, trinity christian will be competitve

but the wolves have it. You from fargo how you know bout region 8
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby mat326 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Watford has a very good team.  If I remember correct, Beulah has had a double digit lead early on every team they played, at least 9 on WC.  6-8 need to learn how to keep the intensity the first 5 have, then they will be better.  Also Becker is learning to play post after growing up being a guard. Once he gets that down and can keep from getting in foul trouble it will help.  JMO
mat326
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys