3 class proposal

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3 class proposal

Postby packers21 » Tue May 02, 2023 11:22 am

maddog1971 wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:You will never hear me bad mouth Shanley. Class School. And I have nothing but positive things to say about DT, Shiloh or the Grovers. BUT Minot is another thing. I will not have positive word to say about them. St Mary's... as long as they play with the big boys and as long as they stop complaining about not playing for the state title every year.... I will have no problem with them.

Really? I don't remember reading anything positive you said about DT, Shiloh or OG. I think I do remember you saying Shiloh does recruit. You seem to have some special hatred for Ryan though.
There is a real possibility that both Shiloh and Trinity make to state next year, possibly one of them winning the challenge game. Also, Ryan could make it even with what I hear could be low numbers next year, they didn't have a "C" squad this year and may not have many freshman next year coming up, so may be only a JV and Varsity squad again. Our Redeemers has a lot of good young players and a great coach, do not count them out.
Don't know what Oak Grove has, but if 3-5 parochial schools make state tourney's, unsure of the St Mary's and Shanley teams, I plan to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fireworks

I am all for the parochial schools in Class A to make it to the State tournament. That is the reason we have a 3rd Class... that is where they belong. Along with the Big B's and small A's.... I really can not understand how Devils Lake stayed in the A class but whatever....

And Yes I see Kindred and Central Cass making it to the State A boys basketball. Both Team will be loaded to compete at the middle class.....

Lastly I never mention a player by name... I also stated that Oak Grove had a good team with Good Players but many of them just stood around and watched because one player was taking over 25 shots a game. It is just my observation. And many people agreed with me.

Hot Take: I do not think both Kin/CC make state next year, in-fact I think CC misses out.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bk1990 » Tue May 02, 2023 1:38 pm

I am all for the parochial schools in Class A to make it to the State tournament. That is the reason we have a 3rd Class... that is where they belong. Along with the Big B's and small A's.... I really can not understand how Devils Lake stayed in the A class but whatever....

And Yes I see Kindred and Central Cass making it to the State A boys basketball. Both Team will be loaded to compete at the middle class.....

Lastly I never mention a player by name... I also stated that Oak Grove had a good team with Good Players but many of them just stood around and watched because one player was taking over 25 shots a game. It is just my observation. And many people agreed with me.
[/quote]

If two or more parochial schools make it to the new Class A for a few years in a row, or if CC, Kindred or another Large B close to a metro area do, you will start saying they need to be moved up to AA, they draw from a larger population than a Stanley, Lisbon, Bottineau or Rugby. It will be the same arguments, just moved the names of the towns.

Someone made mention about with the new classes, not here on this site, but some kids may not want to move down a class, such as a Valley City player going to A rather than continuing to play the bigger schools or possibly a player now in B but would rather play schools now in A. It could also go the other way, someone who is getting bumped up to A, can they go to smaller school in the area and stay in B? Would they be allowed to transfer without the one year waiting period. When they originally started school, the parents may have moved as one of the reasons was due to school size and sports division. Many parents grew up in Class B towns, wanted their kids to also be in a Class B environment, or they may like playing larger schools, their team may not be successful but the kids get to play against tougher competition, more concerned about getting better as a player. Has anything been considered regarding waiving the transfer rule once if they wanted to make a move?
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 02, 2023 3:25 pm

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
bk1990 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:You will never hear me bad mouth Shanley. Class School. And I have nothing but positive things to say about DT, Shiloh or the Grovers. BUT Minot is another thing. I will not have positive word to say about them. St Mary's... as long as they play with the big boys and as long as they stop complaining about not playing for the state title every year.... I will have no problem with them.

Really? I don't remember reading anything positive you said about DT, Shiloh or OG. I think I do remember you saying Shiloh does recruit. You seem to have some special hatred for Ryan though.
There is a real possibility that both Shiloh and Trinity make to state next year, possibly one of them winning the challenge game. Also, Ryan could make it even with what I hear could be low numbers next year, they didn't have a "C" squad this year and may not have many freshman next year coming up, so may be only a JV and Varsity squad again. Our Redeemers has a lot of good young players and a great coach, do not count them out.
Don't know what Oak Grove has, but if 3-5 parochial schools make state tourney's, unsure of the St Mary's and Shanley teams, I plan to sit back with some popcorn and watch the fireworks

Hot Take: I do not think both Kin/CC make state next year, in-fact I think CC misses out.

I think only 1 team makes it from R1 (I like Kindred or Wahpeton) and R2 will have 3 teams qualify (FW-M, DL & Thompson)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UncleRico » Tue May 02, 2023 3:53 pm

If what I've heard is correct, Thompson might not have everyone that was anticipated coming back....
UncleRico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 am

UncleRico wrote:If what I've heard is correct, Thompson might not have everyone that was anticipated coming back....

Rumors .... But I believe that one is true.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 03, 2023 10:31 am

UncleRico wrote:If what I've heard is correct, Thompson might not have everyone that was anticipated coming back....

Well we all know they'll have a new coach

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:02 am

WalkingStick wrote:

Starcevic, moving to Kindred.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UncleRico » Wed May 03, 2023 11:38 am

I'll just come right out and say that stuff like this makes me sad. I don't know the reasons for the move, but I've talked to some people that are involved in Kindred and it definitely was not pursued from their end.

Families are obviously free to move wherever they want for whatever reasons they want, but if they are moving around primarily for high school sports, that is unfortunate IMO.
UncleRico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 03, 2023 11:55 am

packers21 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Starcevic, moving to Kindred.

Well then now I'll go Kindred & Wahpeton for R1 and FW-M & DL from R2

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bk1990 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:13 pm

UncleRico wrote:I'll just come right out and say that stuff like this makes me sad. I don't know the reasons for the move, but I've talked to some people that are involved in Kindred and it definitely was not pursued from their end.

Families are obviously free to move wherever they want for whatever reasons they want, but if they are moving around primarily for high school sports, that is unfortunate IMO.

"It's unfortunate", but since it is not a parochial it is ok? Wow, "Families are obviously free to move wherever they want for whatever reasons they want" but only if not a parochial?
If a All Region and State Tourney Team player would transfer to Shiloh, DT, Oak Grove or Ryan, there would be a dozen comments on this already. People would be saying the three class system is still not fair and be back to the argument the privates should have their own division, etc, etc, etc.,
If it is true, good for Kindred, they will have a loaded junior class and be championship contenders the next two years, to bad for Thompson, they had a good core coming back and also would have been contenders. Don't know the situation, but you need to do what is best for your own situation. If it was done purely for athletic reasons,. that is that families choice
One final note, usually when a name gets thrown out on this site, it is usually a high school kid, I personally think names of individual kids should not be mentioned, if you say a school, most people will figure it out, but these are just kids, their names should not be said publicly in my opinion
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby RiverMiner99 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:16 pm

What's the difference? If everyone can figure it out who cares.

Bismarck needs the twins to transfer in to keep up!
RiverMiner99
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Wed May 03, 2023 6:20 pm

leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed May 03, 2023 6:27 pm

leroybla wrote:Looks like a done deal.
https://prepredzone.com/player/jake-starcevic/

Starcevic isn't listed as the football coach anymore either.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UncleRico » Wed May 03, 2023 7:23 pm

bk1990 wrote:
UncleRico wrote:I'll just come right out and say that stuff like this makes me sad. I don't know the reasons for the move, but I've talked to some people that are involved in Kindred and it definitely was not pursued from their end.

"It's unfortunate", but since it is not a parochial it is ok? Wow, "Families are obviously free to move wherever they want for whatever reasons they want" but only if not a parochial?
If a All Region and State Tourney Team player would transfer to Shiloh, DT, Oak Grove or Ryan, there would be a dozen comments on this already. People would be saying the three class system is still not fair and be back to the argument the privates should have their own division, etc, etc, etc.,
If it is true, good for Kindred, they will have a loaded junior class and be championship contenders the next two years, to bad for Thompson, they had a good core coming back and also would have been contenders. Don't know the situation, but you need to do what is best for your own situation. If it was done purely for athletic reasons,. that is that families choice
One final note, usually when a name gets thrown out on this site, it is usually a high school kid, I personally think names of individual kids should not be mentioned, if you say a school, most people will figure it out, but these are just kids, their names should not be said publicly in my opinion

Sorry my post upset you. I dont recall making any comments aimed at private schools? I thought I made it clear that I think it's unfortunate regardless of whether it's to a private school or not, but ultimately there is nothing stopping families regardless of what I think. Have a nice night.
Last edited by UncleRico on Wed May 03, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UncleRico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby leroybla » Wed May 03, 2023 7:36 pm

So Starcevic's dad was the Thompson football coach? Kindred's football coach resigned recently to take a job in Bismarck. 2+2=?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed May 03, 2023 8:10 pm

leroybla wrote:So Starcevic's dad was the Thompson football coach?

Yes.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Your daddy » Wed May 03, 2023 9:48 pm

Mr Starcevic has no business coaching any young men. It's not a good look when you tell an opposing player "come over here and I'll kick your f*cking *ss" during a game.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bk1990 » Thu May 04, 2023 12:23 pm

UncleRico wrote:
bk1990 wrote:

Sorry my post upset you. I dont recall making any comments aimed at private schools? I thought I made it clear that I think it's unfortunate regardless of whether it's to a private school or not, but ultimately there is nothing stopping families regardless of what I think. Have a nice night.

Your post didn't upset me, was making a more general statement about how people comment on this site about privates so called recruiting of athletes, wasn't directing it at you. Others don't have issue with public schools getting transfers, but somehow privates should not be able to apparently.

To reply to this, the people who care may be the parents of the student athlete whose name is getting thrown around. Yes, you can probably figure out who it is, but their actual name should not be used in my opinion, especially if they are a minor. If you use an adults name, don't have an issue with that if it is respectful
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu May 04, 2023 1:38 pm

bk1990 wrote:
UncleRico wrote:
bk1990 wrote:

Your post didn't upset me, was making a more general statement about how people comment on this site about privates so called recruiting of athletes, wasn't directing it at you. Others don't have issue with public schools getting transfers, but somehow privates should not be able to apparently.

To reply to this, the people who care may be the parents of the student athlete whose name is getting thrown around. Yes, you can probably figure out who it is, but their actual name should not be used in my opinion, especially if they are a minor. If you use an adults name, don't have an issue with that if it is respectful

In this Thompson instance, I don't think these parent's care...the father is the one driving this move basically telling Thompson off on the way out too.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu May 04, 2023 2:07 pm

Thompson will still be a good team and should be in the top 3 of that Region. Might open the door for Grafton. I believe they bring back their big 3 from last year. Love the "play in game". I think that is going to make for some compelling playoff basketball. I like Kindred and CC out of Region 1, with Wahpeton and VC making a strong push. Out of Region 2, DL and Grafton are my picks with Thompson and Hillsboro in the running. Don't know who beats DL this year but a championship game of Kindred and DL would be entertaining to watch.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu May 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Lastly I never mention a player by name... I also stated that Oak Grove had a good team with Good Players but many of them just stood around and watched because one player was taking over 25 shots a game. It is just my observation. And many people agreed with me.[/quote]

Maddog, the kid didn't even avg 20 shots a game. If you are going to throw out stats, be accurate. That isn't a lot of shots for a primary scorer on a team that needed his production. Only difference from him and others is that he went to a private school and not a public school. Yes, others did support your opinion and you/they are entitled to that but it is clear, based on your many negative posts about private schools, that you can not look at things objectively. Funny, you never mention players from Davies, Century, DGF, NB, Minot or any other school that had players that took similar amount of shots if not more. Your entitled to your opinion and I'll leave it at that.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu May 04, 2023 3:17 pm

Region 1 Fan wrote:Thompson will still be a good team and should be in the top 3 of that Region. Might open the door for Grafton. I believe they bring back their big 3 from last year. Love the "play in game". I think that is going to make for some compelling playoff basketball. I like Kindred and CC out of Region 1, with Wahpeton and VC making a strong push. Out of Region 2, DL and Grafton are my picks with Thompson and Hillsboro in the running. Don't know who beats DL this year but a championship game of Kindred and DL would be entertaining to watch.

If Sunram comes back out next year...Kindred could definitely push DL!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senditin » Thu May 04, 2023 4:54 pm

Region 1 Fan wrote:Thompson will still be a good team and should be in the top 3 of that Region. Might open the door for Grafton. I believe they bring back their big 3 from last year. Love the "play in game". I think that is going to make for some compelling playoff basketball. I like Kindred and CC out of Region 1, with Wahpeton and VC making a strong push. Out of Region 2, DL and Grafton are my picks with Thompson and Hillsboro in the running. Don't know who beats DL this year but a championship game of Kindred and DL would be entertaining to watch.

I'll take FWM and DL as top 2.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Fri May 05, 2023 8:05 am

Region 1 Fan wrote:Lastly I never mention a player by name... I also stated that Oak Grove had a good team with Good Players but many of them just stood around and watched because one player was taking over 25 shots a game. It is just my observation. And many people agreed with me.

Maddog, the kid didn't even avg 20 shots a game. If you are going to throw out stats, be accurate. That isn't a lot of shots for a primary scorer on a team that needed his production. Only difference from him and others is that he went to a private school and not a public school. Yes, others did support your opinion and you/they are entitled to that but it is clear, based on your many negative posts about private schools, that you can not look at things objectively. Funny, you never mention players from Davies, Century, DGF, NB, Minot or any other school that had players that took similar amount of shots if not more. Your entitled to your opinion and I'll leave it at that.[/quote]

The only private school I have a problem with right now is Minot Ryan. AND I believe Oak Grove had a very good team with some talented players. I keep hearing that he was the only player on the team so he had to shoot. He was not. I think they had a talent group of other teammates...I believe if they played more like a team they would have been battling for the regional Championship...Go Grovers!
And yes Kindred is loaded up for next year.... but can they come together as a team and share the ball and play like a team.... No clue... Do the players make a sacrifice on individual stats or do they play to get wins.... Do they play defense or do they just try to out score the other team... The coach now likes to play Defense and has had good success doing so but he has players now that want to score... Which way will it go.... I do not know.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Fri May 05, 2023 8:43 am

Your daddy wrote:Mr Starcevic has no business coaching any young men. It's not a good look when you tell an opposing player "come over here and I'll kick your f*cking *ss" during a game.

I have heard a few things from friends in Thompson and none of it has been positive. If he gets the job as head coach, He has a great staff under him so hopefully that will help.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys