Longest tenured coaches

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Longest tenured coaches

Postby Flip » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm

What coaches have been coaching at the same school the longest?

Carr (Linton and LHMB) has to be close 40 years.
Rotvold (Hillsboro and HCV) has to be 25+.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Longest tenured coaches

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:44 pm

Card has been at Oak Grove since 2008 (was an assistant for several years before that under Carnal).
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wilbur » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:40 pm

Dan Carr has been at Linton (Linton/HMB since 2011) for 40 seasons (1982-87; 1989-present)
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 pm

I know Thielges has been the head coach at LaMoure for quite a while and Vance at Ellendale has been there for some time and Strobel for Edgely-Kulm has been doing it for a while too. I think it speaks to their ability to coach (Carr included) and their ability to adapt as the game changes and as the skill levels of their rosters changes as well. It also speaks to these coaches being able to tune out the complainers and do their job. I think longevity in coaching also speaks to having the support of the AD and the Administration at that school. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can be a head coach for more than 10 years in the same small school/town. If you look at Region 3, Linton, LaMoure, Ellendale and EK have been at the top in Boys basketball for a long time.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys