Best Class B Team Ever

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Class B Team Ever

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:30 am

This was brought up in another topic. I know it has been brought up in previous topics and there are dedicated topics to it. Let's start fresh.

In my opinion, the best class B team of all-time is the 1996-1997 MPCG Patriots.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Re: Best Class B Team Ever

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 pm

3 others to consider:

1988 Edinburg Spartans
2003 MPCG Patriots
2022 Four Winds Indians
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby popefro » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:56 pm

'One shining moment, ND class B basketball' the greatest documentary I've every seen, has these teams: '97 May Port, '69 Central Cass, '76 LaMoure and possibly one more team??
The Minot Ryan team in their first year of 'B' classification in the ealry 90s was considered by many sportswriters as the best team in all of the state, either class.
Minot Model dominated in the 1950s.
popefro
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:56 am

popefro wrote:'One shining moment, ND class B basketball' the greatest documentary I've every seen, has these teams: '97 May Port, '69 Central Cass, '76 LaMoure and possibly one more team??
The Minot Ryan team in their first year of 'B' classification in the ealry 90s was considered by many sportswriters as the best team in all of the state, either class.
Minot Model dominated in the 1950s.

This topic interested me. I went on the old NDHSAA yearbooks to look up the early 90 Ryan teams.

Their first year in class b was 91-92, when they in fact lost to Deslac-Burlington 65-62 in 2 OT's in the region final. Their second year they against lost to Deslacs 66-64, this time in the region semi's. In 1994 Minot Ryan won the state championship. I believe they were undefeated if memory serves me.

Also, as an aside, it was 1968 Central Cass team, lead by Jerry Pyle, that was considered by many to be the best ever. They defeated the Wolford Wolves, lead by Vance Bowersox, handily in the state championship game. The 69 region 1 representative was Oak Grove.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys