Barnes County Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:55 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Northern Cass over LMM.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sports guy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:58 am

The BCN and FSHP should be a good game. I think BCN will win that one. NC and LMM also should be a good one. I think LMM will win unless they play how they played in the first round.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:31 am

Both games will be battles. FS/HP has beaten BCN already this year. BCN will try to prove that it was a fluke and that they were deserving of the #1 seed. I see FS/HP over BCN. As for LMM and Northern Cass...LMM has no chance if they play the way they did verses Milnor and Northern Cass plays they way they did agains GCC. I don't expect LMM to come out as flat as they did. I think LMM over Northern Cass.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:42 am

coming into this season i thought that northern cass was going to be bad, and if you would if told me they would lose dunn for several games i would have thought they wouldn't win many games. they are really stepping up and what makes them so tought is that they have so many guys that can score in a certain night. i think they should beat lmm but so far they have done well also. i thinks bcn will beat hpfs in a close game early then bcn will run away. let's face it, both teams have improved since the first games, just bcn has improved more.
PA42

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Rocky wrote:A few things, I find it interesting that FSHP beat BCN earlier in the year and yet they get a four seed and BCN gets the #1.

Also rumor has it, that Dunn from Northern Cass has been injured. I can't confirm this, but if it is true that would be a big loss.

If I had to pick this bracket I would go with a FSHP and LMM final. I think LMM might be the best team when it is all said and done. I like what Coach Lueck has done especially with their defense.

maybe that is because they have a better record then FSHP
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:37 am

when the seedings were "set" both FSHP and BCN had the same record 2-1 with FSHP beating BCN....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby region1 football » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:02 am

Does anyone have any predictions for tonights games? 
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:54 am

I dont know what the outcomes will be....but i'm really excited to see sizer and ostrom go head to head in the first semi.....and i've never seen LMM play so i'm excited for tonight.....SHOULD BE A COUPLE OF GREAT GAMES AT VCSU.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby region1 football » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:42 pm

What a show tonight.  I cant wait to see the last two games tomrow night boy are they goona be fun to watch. 
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 am

Congrates to FSHP, they were told over and over that the first win against BCN was a lucky break or that it shouldn't have happened. I guess that they proved something last night with their second win over BCN.  Nelson and Sizer matched up and the freshman made a statement and earned some respect in my opinion.  Sizer was held to 12 or 13 I believe.  Ostrom played a nice game but hasn't been playing as well of late.  Thorson, Nelson and Berkstom really stepped up last night, it was a fun game to watch.  Berkstrom tends to play out of control most of the time and doesn't know when to pass the ball instead of shooting, he just doesn't look to the inside at all, hopefully this game will not go to his head but just give him some confidence in his team mates and himself.  To continue to win and be successful they are going to have to look to the inside and then play the outside game.  It will be an exciting finish to the tourney tonight, I expect LMM to lose to BCN with Sizer having a big game because there is no one to play defence on him for LMM.  Northern Cass will probably come out on top in the finals unless FSHP can put a complete game together and Ostrom and Nelson are used to their potential, along with Thoreson and Mehus and their other shooters.  Good luck to all four teams tonight- it has been a great tourney!
Last edited by ClassB-bballfan on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:16 am

FSHP played a great game and deserved to win. BCN's offense looked terible in the second half. It didnt look like they even tried to get sizer the ball.Maybe theyre having problems anjusting to the new coach because right now theyre a team with no identity. For tonight id predict another average game for sizer and another loss for bcn, in the championship I think NC has to much for FSHP right now.
Last edited by ndsbest44 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:27 am

well first of all i thought you all should know that Dillan Ostrom played hurt last night (back)....Nick Nelson did a heck of a job shutting down Sizer...Bergstrom hit 4 HUGE three's...and if they get a lead and it comes down to free throws...Ryan Mehus is a clutch as they come from the stripe...everyone picked against them against BCN....now i hear people pick against them tonight....good.....that's more people they can prove wrong.....WAY TO GO FSHP.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:02 am

Northern Cass over FS/HP. With Dunn back they have more firepower. He made the difference last night in their win.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:41 am

The Schwab wrote:well first of all i thought you all should know that Dillan Ostrom played hurt last night (back)....Nick Nelson did a heck of a job shutting down Sizer...Bergstrom hit 4 HUGE three's...and if they get a lead and it comes down to free throws...Ryan Mehus is a clutch as they come from the stripe...everyone picked against them against BCN....now i hear people pick against them tonight....good.....that's more people they can prove wrong.....WAY TO GO FSHP.

FSHP did have some guys who aren't known as stars step up big last night,if they can do it again i don't see any reason they can't win it tonight. As for Nelson shutting down sizer i think thats a bit of an overstatement, sizer scored on nelson four times in a row in the first quarter then they stoped going to him, but if they're not going to give him the ball then he's pretty easy to stop. Goodluck to all the teams tonight should be some good basketball
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:44 am

I realize that Sizer played extremly well in the 1st quarter.....but i dont think that they just decided not to look for him after that....i think nelson stepped it up.....give credit where credit is due.....he averages like 27 a game.....he's had 27 combinded in two games against FSHP
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:35 am

Seemed to me fshp switched to a zone defense early in the first half and played that throughout the game so nelson wouldn't have been defending sizer, but it doesn't really matter fshp is in the championship, and bcn is in the 3rd place game so whatever fshp did worked
AandBfan

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:01 am

yes they did switch back and forth between man and zone.....nelson and ostrom had a huge part in sizer only getting 5 in the second half
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 am

Ostrom didn't do anything on offense against BCN though
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Cause he was playing hurt.....he got hurt in first round.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:44 pm

Scwhab do you ever talk about anything else other then Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page?
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:18 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:
FSHP did have some guys who aren't known as stars step up big last night,if they can do it again i don't see any reason they can't win it tonight. As for Nelson shutting down sizer i think thats a bit of an overstatement, sizer scored on nelson four times in a row in the first quarter then they stoped going to him, but if they're not going to give him the ball then he's pretty easy to stop. Goodluck to all the teams tonight should be some good basketball

What happened championship night? I was expecting some good close basketball games, instead the final 3 games of the night were all wins by double digits i believe
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:21 pm

what else would you like me to talk about?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 am

i suppose if you want me to talk about other teams...that i've never seen play.....i could just make up some names and some stats?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys