2021 Class B Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2021 Class B Poll

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:31 pm

With some of these schools...you are at the whim of who your AD schedules. Many just reschedule schools that they have been playing for years and never look to improve the teams on their schedules. NB coaches knew that they needed to play better games and really pushed for games on twitter because they need to play better teams to know where they stand.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:35 pm

Did Enderlin ever figure out how not to lose with those big guys on the team? Are they still floating around the three point line and not dominating the paint every possession. Simple fix if they get in there and bang unless they don’t like contact again. I would like to see them in the state tournament.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:57 pm

Flasher lost to Wilton-Wing tonight 66-56.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:36 pm

A big game for the number one seed on the line in Bismarck on Feburary 26th between Shiloh and Wilton-Wing. Shiloh wins it, but I don't think they blowout Wilton. Final score should something like 66-55.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chief45 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:24 am

WalkingStick wrote:Flasher lost to Wilton-Wing tonight 66-56.

Has anyone heard of the severity of the Jace Friesz injury? I see he did not play last night which was probably expected beings he just recently injured it, but hoping its not season ending.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:20 pm

Vikings2009 wrote:Did Enderlin ever figure out how not to lose with those big guys on the team? Are they still floating around the three point line and not dominating the paint every possession. Simple fix if they get in there and bang unless they don’t like contact again. I would like to see them in the state tournament.

Watched Enderlin vs. Hankinson last night. No 3 attempts from the big guys and they seemed to welcome the contact last night. A scrappy Hankinson team got off to an early lead with some pressure and early 3's, then Enderlin made a huge effort to feed it inside to Joe H. in the lane and got out to a big lead. The Hurlburt bros. are tough to stop when they are down low, and I believe all of Joe's points came in the lane or on 2nd chance rebounds. They will be a tough out if this trend continues. Defensively, Hankinson couldn't get many good looks and Enderlin had several blocks. Enderlin only played 6, so depth could be an issue in a tournament but they are definitely a talented bunch. CC will challenge with their athleticism, depth, and outside shooting; and a much deeper Kindred matches up very well with the Eagles. I do think it will be Kindred/Enderlin in the R1 final and Enderlin will represent R1 if they continue to play more in the paint.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:44 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:Did Enderlin ever figure out how not to lose with those big guys on the team? Are they still floating around the three point line and not dominating the paint every possession. Simple fix if they get in there and bang unless they don’t like contact again. I would like to see them in the state tournament.

Watched Enderlin vs. Hankinson last night. No 3 attempts from the big guys and they seemed to welcome the contact last night. A scrappy Hankinson team got off to an early lead with some pressure and early 3's, then Enderlin made a huge effort to feed it inside to Joe H. in the lane and got out to a big lead. The Hurlburt bros. are tough to stop when they are down low, and I believe all of Joe's points came in the lane or on 2nd chance rebounds. They will be a tough out if this trend continues. Defensively, Hankinson couldn't get many good looks and Enderlin had several blocks. Enderlin only played 6, so depth could be an issue in a tournament but they are definitely a talented bunch. CC will challenge with their athleticism, depth, and outside shooting; and a much deeper Kindred matches up very well with the Eagles. I do think it will be Kindred/Enderlin in the R1 final and Enderlin will represent R1 if they continue to play more in the paint.

Enderlin has NO bench...their JV got dominated by Hankinson last night.

I have no problem J. Hurlburt taking some 3s as he is their best outside shooter but, yes, a majority of his shots should come within the lane. Bartholomay has become a solid outside threat as well.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:29 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
UNDSiouxfan wrote:

Enderlin has NO bench...their JV got dominated by Hankinson last night.

I have no problem J. Hurlburt taking some 3s as he is their best outside shooter but, yes, a majority of his shots should come within the lane. Bartholomay has become a solid outside threat as well.

Eagles started putting the Twins down low about 5 games back. It has helped a lot in Offensive rebounding. Joe still gets his 25+ and is getting more rebounds for put backs and it is getting Gus more touches. If they dont get into foul trouble they will be fine with the 1 off the bench,(been doing it all year) besides the #6 guy they have played 2 others from JV for limited minutes, just not in consistent rotation with the top 5, which might hurt them IF they do get in foul trouble. All of the top 5 can shoot from outside, Dixon, Wall Bartholomay and the twins. Amerman is a solid defensive player. IMO if they continue to work it inside to Gus and Joe...that outside threat will be huge as the twins get double teamed leaving for an open perimeter shot. If Enderlin can run on all 6 cylinders they will be very hard to beat.
1 thing I still dont understand is Joe bringing the ball up...Wall and Dixon are both good ball handlers, but I guess if its part of the Plan for the offense, then so be it.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:47 pm

A big that can handle the ball is a tough matchup…OG used that with Card in 2014 when they made their run to the title…which allowed Kretchman and Adams to work open in some sets.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:42 am

WalkingStick wrote:A big that can handle the ball is a tough matchup…OG used that with Card in 2014 when they made their run to the title…which allowed Kretchman and Adams to work open in some sets.

Oak Grove had a 6'10'' kid, wow
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:56 am

hoophoophoop wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:A big that can handle the ball is a tough matchup…OG used that with Card in 2014 when they made their run to the title…which allowed Kretchman and Adams to work open in some sets.

:roll: You just have to be a jerk with so many of your posts.

A big kid, height does not matter, that can handle the ball creates problems…all I was saying. Just cause a player is 6’ 10” doesn’t mean he is relegated to just the lane…if that was the case we wouldn’t have players like Durant, James, Towns, etc.
Last edited by WalkingStick on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:36 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

A big kid, height does not matter, that can handle the ball creates problems…all I was saying. Just cause a player is 6’ 10” doesn’t mean he is real gated to just the lane…if that was the case we wouldn’t have players like Durant, James, Towns, etc.

:lol:

Plain and simple, Joe shouldn't bring the ball up. Any quick little guard loves this matchup for D and when Joe squats and spins it's usually going the other way. If the D was as big as Joe I would say otherwise, but that's not the case.
Last edited by GOPACKGO!!! on Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:40 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

A big kid, height does not matter, that can handle the ball creates problems…all I was saying. Just cause a player is 6’ 10” doesn’t mean he is real gated to just the lane…if that was the case we wouldn’t have players like Durant, James, Towns, etc.

Plain and simple, Joe shouldn't bring the ball up. Any quick little guard loves this matchup for D and when Joe squats and spins it's usually going the other way. If the D was as big as Joe I wouldn't say otherwise, but that's not the case.

I'm surprised that Coach Kraft hasn't reached out to you for your expert opinion.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:41 pm

The Schwab wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

Plain and simple, Joe shouldn't bring the ball up. Any quick little guard loves this matchup for D and when Joe squats and spins it's usually going the other way. If the D was as big as Joe I wouldn't say otherwise, but that's not the case.

I'm surprised that Coach Kraft hasn't reached out to you for your expert opinion.

How do you know he doesn't?
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:46 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

How do you know he doesn't?

Just a hunch.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:14 pm

Some of you need to understand that Joe's game is not that of 1980s Kevin McHale. He can handle the ball as good as anyone and makes passes from anywhere on the court.

"Plain and simple."
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:55 pm

90% of NDPreps would rather have Macauley Young then Joe Hurlburt.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Flip wrote:90% of NDPreps would rather have Macauley Young then Joe Hurlburt.

HaHa that tells you all you need to know about this forum then.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:44 pm

NB rolls HCV by 20 tonight
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classB4ever » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:59 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

A big kid, height does not matter, that can handle the ball creates problems…all I was saying. Just cause a player is 6’ 10” doesn’t mean he is relegated to just the lane…if that was the case we wouldn’t have players like Durant, James, Towns, etc.

We do have to remember we are talking about Class B basketball in ND. Not to mention, this team has a very good point guard who will be playing D1 Juco basketball. I tend to agree with the posters who suggest to let the point guard bring it up. Gives the bigs more time to get in place for offensive rotation and makes even more sense with the shot clock and their ability to control tempo with their bigs. Plus, if point guard breaks down pressure, will automatically create 5 on 4 with ability to dish off on penetration. With a big bringing it up, 9 out of 10 times his defender will just be waiting for him. Guess there is a benefit that way, not as much pressure bringing ball up. Once again, am only talking ND Class B basketball, would have a different opinion on other levels of basketball. Admittedly old school guy here.

You really believe this? Just because basketball strategy is discussed on here, a ND Class B basketball forum, doesn't mean anybody is being detrimental to the young man. Just differing opinions on the game. 2 cents.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:11 am

classB4ever wrote:

You really believe this? Just because basketball strategy is discussed on here, a ND Class B basketball forum, doesn't mean anybody is being detrimental to the young man. Just differing opinions on the game. 2 cents.

It was sarcasm. ND Preps seems to be enamored with post play though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:30 am

Flip wrote:
classB4ever wrote:

It was sarcasm. ND Preps seems to be enamored with post play though.

True. On the flipside (no pun intended), when is the last time we've seen this kind of height on a class b team, not to mention twins? Pretty cool. Hope all teams are at full strength come tourney time and stay healthy.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:36 pm

North Border really impressed me over the last few days with their victories over HCV and LLM. I would say they are the favorite in region 2.

The FWM vs Bismarck Shiloh game was an interesting one and I can't decide which take away is closer to reality.

1. Judging through the first 3 quarters it appears that the field is closer to FWM (and Enderlin IMO) than originally thought
OR
2. FWM is getting bored and when they decide to turn it on it's lights out for everyone else in the state (besides Enderlin IMO).
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 pm

Latest Poll
Monday February 21st
1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan (13) 18-0 130
2. Central Cass 15-2 107
3. Kindred 15-2 92
4. Enderlin 14-4 90
5. Powers Lake 19-0 80
6. Ellendale 17-1 69
7. North Border 17-1 62
8. Beulah 16-4 24
9. Shiloh Christian 16 -3 23
10. Thompson 16-4 21
Others Receiving Votes; LaMoure-L-M (16-3), Flasher (17-3), Surrey (17-2).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BelfieldBantams » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:35 pm

The Schwab wrote:North Border really impressed me over the last few days with their victories over HCV and LLM. I would say they are the favorite in region 2.

The FWM vs Bismarck Shiloh game was an interesting one and I can't decide which take away is closer to reality.

1. Judging through the first 3 quarters it appears that the field is closer to FWM (and Enderlin IMO) than originally thought
OR
2. FWM is getting bored and when they decide to turn it on it's lights out for everyone else in the state (besides Enderlin IMO).

I think the field is closer than what people think. I know FWM and Enderlin are two of the most gifted teams in the state, but we've seen many times that the most gifted team isn't standing at the end.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys