2021 Class B Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2021 Class B Poll

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:39 am

1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 2-0 160
2. Hillsboro/Central Valley 2-0 136
3. Kindred 2-1 123
4. North Border 2-0 100
5. Enderlin 1-2 86
6. Beulah 0-1 68
7. Dunseith 4-0 67
8. Flasher 3-0 48
9. Bowman County 4-0 26
10. Ellendale 2-0 22
Others Receiving Votes: Shiloh Christian (3-0), Central Cass (3-0), Powers Lake (3-0), LaMoure-Litchville/Marion (1-0), Trenton (2-0), Harvey Wells County (3-1).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: 2021 Class B Poll

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:29 am

Latest Poll
Monday December 27th

1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan (13) 2-0 130
2. Kindred 3-1 95
3. North Border 2-0 94
4. Hillsboro-Central Valley 2-1 85
5. Enderlin 2-2 70
6. Dunseith 5-0 68
7. Beulah 1-1 54
8. Flasher 4-0 34
9. Bowman County 4-0 26
10. Ellendale 3-0 23
Others Receiving Votes: Central Cass (4-0), Grafton (4-0), Powers Lake (4-0), Shiloh Christian (1-1), LaMoure-LM (3-0), Harvey-Wells County (4-1).
Last edited by Sorenson23 on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BelfieldBantams » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13 am

I know you are just copying the poll but NDHSAA can do better and should do better. How can Shiloh go from 3-0 to 1-1? I git tipos kan hapen butt thay ned two chek beefor printing.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:25 am

I agree they do need to do a better job, before posting. But, I updated Shiloh's record on the polling, but not sure where they should be placed?
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:39 pm

scc wrote:NDAPSSA media had the record listed correctly.

I was aware of this as well because I get my polls off the neat printout posted on Twitter each Monday night
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:00 am

Looking back on my predictions for Region 1 and 2 - Region 2 looks to be Hillsboro's to lose. Their size is impressive. North Border in my opinion is the only team that can compete with Hillsboro. I think at the end, Height/size will win out. Very impressed with how Hillsboro defends the perimeter. Not sure how they got beat by Ada but I will give them a mulligan on that game.

As far a Region 1 goes - I had OG way to high (third). I think if they played just their top 8 kids, they would be more competitive. As of now, they are not physical enough and surprisingly very inconsistent with shooting. Way too many uncontested turnovers. They could be dangerous if they find their shooting stroke but lack of size and rotation of kids (10 or more) will end of costing them in the long-run. Big drop off after the 8th player. I have them 6th in Region now. Sargent County is a sleeper team - I have them 5th. Nice, young team with some size and players - a year away from being a serious thread in the Region. I have NC finishing 4th and CC 3rd. After Kindred and Enderlin, there is a big drop off in team comparison. CC is 6 and 0 now but haven't played anyone and have not won impressively over teams that are not as good on paper. I think they will struggle in scoring through out the year but will finish 3rd in a two team race for Region 1.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:45 pm

ND Basketball Fan wrote:Looking back on my predictions for Region 1 and 2 - Region 2 looks to be Hillsboro's to lose. Their size is impressive. North Border in my opinion is the only team that can compete with Hillsboro. I think at the end, Height/size will win out. Very impressed with how Hillsboro defends the perimeter. Not sure how they got beat by Ada but I will give them a mulligan on that game.

As far a Region 1 goes - I had OG way to high (third). I think if they played just their top 8 kids, they would be more competitive. As of now, they are not physical enough and surprisingly very inconsistent with shooting. Way too many uncontested turnovers. They could be dangerous if they find their shooting stroke but lack of size and rotation of kids (10 or more) will end of costing them in the long-run. Big drop off after the 8th player. I have them 6th in Region now. Sargent County is a sleeper team - I have them 5th. Nice, young team with some size and players - a year away from being a serious thread in the Region. I have NC finishing 4th and CC 3rd. After Kindred and Enderlin, there is a big drop off in team comparison. CC is 6 and 0 now but haven't played anyone and have not won impressively over teams that are not as good on paper. I think they will struggle in scoring through out the year but will finish 3rd in a two team race for Region 1.

Good overview.

R1 - Oak Grove has always started out a bit slower in beginning of season. I for one like the fact they are playing a deep bench early on. Perhaps giving up some wins but always seems to pay off for them at the end of the year. Valuable experience along with allowing all players an opportunity to play together. Always a well coached team. I believe CC has been hit with the injury bug. They have some nice wins, but time will tell. They are going to be a team to be reckoned with if they get healthy. Maybe a year away as well. Kindred defense is very, very good. Like last year, very physical. They wear teams down. Have watched Enderlin a number of times. If they get over the turnovers and start gelling as a team, ball movement, etc., they will win R1. Right now, think Kindred goes from R1. Time will tell.

R2 - Watched Thompson in Minot. Was very impressed with their ball movement and how their big guys rotated and finished. Also seem athletic on defensive end of floor. Didn't have program, but seem like a young team with room to grow. See that Grafton is undefeated but not sure of strength of schedule to this point. Would you say there is a big drop off after HCV and North border?
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 pm

I agree 100% with the bench play early - OG has a fantastic coach and always seems to have his boys ready for tourney time.

Region 2 - I try to watch as many games as I can online and love the way Thompson plays. Very well coached and seem to run a very good system. I think they will fall into the 3rd seed. They are incredibly young but tremendous upside.

Grafton has gotten out of the gates fast. It will be interesting to see how they fare when they start playing tougher competition.

At the end of the day, I think it will be a two team race with Thompson laying in the weeds for a potential upset.
Last edited by ND Basketball Fan on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:42 pm

R1 - You never count out an OG team...they could struggle all year and be the 10-seed and still make a run. They definitely are struggling away from home right now but this all will build and prepare them for the postseason.

Right now, it is:
Tier 1
Kindred
Enderlin

Tier 2
Central Cass
Northern Cass
Sargent County
Oak Grove

Tier 3
Lisbon
Hankinson
Maple River
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Tier 4
Richland
Tri-State
Last edited by WalkingStick on Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Good take - Central Cass I think is a year away. Next year should be interesting with Kindred, CC, OG and Sargent County all having a good shot of coming out of Region 1.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:35 pm

5:30 to go in 4th Quarter: Thompson leads HCV 32-31

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:38 pm

WalkingStick wrote:5:30 to go in 4th Quarter: Thompson leads HCV 32-31

0:19 left in Game: Thompson leads 38-36...THS shooting FTs

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:57 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:5:30 to go in 4th Quarter: Thompson leads HCV 32-31

0:19 left in Game: Thompson leads 38-36...THS shooting FTs

Thompson held on to win 41-38

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:06 pm

That was a very gutty win by Thompson - Goes to show you that I know absolutely nothing about anything. I thought Region 2 was clearly a two team race with Thompson being there for a possible upset - Love how they play. Very disciplined and only going to get better as the year goes on....not to mention next year. Maybe a 4th team will emerge if Grafton keeps winning.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:04 pm

ND Basketball Fan wrote:That was a very gutty win by Thompson - Goes to show you that I know absolutely nothing about anything. I thought Region 2 was clearly a two team race with Thompson being there for a possible upset - Love how they play. Very disciplined and only going to get better as the year goes on....not to mention next year. Maybe a 4th team will emerge if Grafton keeps winning.

Thompson is young too...their freshman play above their age. Some big shots last night by both of them.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:01 am

State Ranking
Monday January 10th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 5-0 160
2. Kindred 6-1 134
3. North Border 6-0 123
4. Enderlin 5-2 104
5. Flasher 9-0 85
6. Ellendale 6-0 74
7. Hillsboro-Central Valley 3-2 60
8. Central Cass 7-0 42
9. Powers Lake 5-0 31
10. Dunseith 5-1 24
Others Receiving Votes: LaMoure-Litchville/Marion (3-0), Thompson (4-2), Hazen (6-2), Beulah (3-3), Bowman County (5-1), North Star (7-0).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:14 am

Going to be a big change in the upcoming poll
I see HCV and Dunseith dropping out
Hazen and Thompson moving up
will the top 4 change?
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm

HCV will likely stay RV as should LLM...Enderlin should move to #3.

Dunseith & Beulah should fall out; Shiloh will be back in the RV...Stanley could receive some votes at 9-1 (dependent on their game today vs. Bowman)

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:54 pm

WalkingStick wrote:HCV will likely stay RV as should LLM...Enderlin should move to #3.

Dunseith & Beulah should fall out; Shiloh will be back in the RV...Stanley could receive some votes at 9-1 (dependent on their game today vs. Bowman)

Enderlin should stay #4 or drop to #5...no way should they drop further. Not many 'B' teams in ND could compete with Morris (MACA). Morris has a really solid chance to make it to state out of section 3AA.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm

Enderlin has lost to the #1 team in ND and two teams that would be #1 if they were in ND.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Flip wrote:Enderlin has lost to the #1 team in ND and two teams that would be #1 if they were in ND.

Did you watch that last game?..or the other 2 games they lost...
Lost to 4winds by 3...22 turnovers..couldve won it by 10
Lost to Byron.. by 16...21 turnovers..shouldve won that game 5+
Lost to Morris by 10... I counted 17 turnovers..there was probably more... they shouldve won that game by 10 or more, not taking away from Morris, but I didnt see anything great about that team except the big kid...
and it was about as bad of a game I have seen the Eagles play. Thankfully none of these losses have affect on Regional standing. I sure hope they get all those kind of games out of their system prior to Post season play.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:26 pm

I believe Flip was making a case for Enderlin to stay where they are at and the competition that they’ve lost to; I only stated they’d drop because I know how much many of the voters like to ‘dog’ Enderlin.

I don’t have my blinders on for the Eagles like a few others here…I just know that Enderlin is good and these games will prepare them for the long run; props to Coach Kraft scheduling them.

Yes, turnovers have hurt them or possessions where Joe doesn’t touch it once…but you learn from these games and move on towards the bigger goal

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classB4ever » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:52 am

lennylive wrote:
Flip wrote:Enderlin has lost to the #1 team in ND and two teams that would be #1 if they were in ND.

Lost to Morris by 10... I counted 17 turnovers..there was probably more... they shouldve won that game by 10 or more, not taking away from Morris, but I didnt see anything great about that team except the big kid...
and it was about as bad of a game I have seen the Eagles play. Thankfully none of these losses have affect on Regional standing. I sure hope they get all those kind of games out of their system prior to Post season play.

It seems to me that turnovers have been a problem for them for quite some time. IMHO, perhaps some credit should be given to the teams that make them turn the ball over.

WalkingStick wrote:I believe Flip was making a case for Enderlin to stay where they are at and the competition that they’ve lost to; I only stated they’d drop because I know how much many of the voters like to ‘dog’ Enderlin.

I don’t have my blinders on for the Eagles like a few others here…I just know that Enderlin is good and these games will prepare them for the long run; props to Coach Kraft scheduling them.

Yes, turnovers have hurt them or possessions where Joe doesn’t touch it once…but you learn from these games and move on towards the bigger goal

Honestly believe that everyone is hoping that Enderlin can make it to the state tourney (except other R1 teams :D). A chance to showcase their talent on the big stage so all ND can watch them. It's been a long road for them. With that said, there have been many on here and on other media outlets that make excuses for them. These kids have been playing together for quite some time and they are now going into the homestretch of their high school careers. Shouldn't be talking about the same things that have held them back other years and should be in the rearview mirror. One needs to wonder if the problems being brought up are fixable at this point. Just being honest and not dogging anybody.

Best of luck to all teams down the homestretch and stay healthy.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:42 pm

classB4ever wrote:
lennylive wrote:

It seems to me that turnovers have been a problem for them for quite some time. IMHO, perhaps some credit should be given to the teams that make them turn the ball over.

WalkingStick wrote:I believe Flip was making a case for Enderlin to stay where they are at and the competition that they’ve lost to; I only stated they’d drop because I know how much many of the voters like to ‘dog’ Enderlin.

Honestly believe that everyone is hoping that Enderlin can make it to the state tourney (except other R1 teams :D). A chance to showcase their talent on the big stage so all ND can watch them. It's been a long road for them. With that said, there have been many on here and on other media outlets that make excuses for them. These kids have been playing together for quite some time and they are now going into the homestretch of their high school careers. Shouldn't be talking about the same things that have held them back other years and should be in the rearview mirror. One needs to wonder if the problems being brought up are fixable at this point. Just being honest and not dogging anybody.

Best of luck to all teams down the homestretch and stay healthy.

Loge dominated the Eagles in Morris and I see he made the Mr. Basketball watch list in MN. Congrats!

The Eagles won't make it out of Region 1, sorry if you disagree but it is what it is. It's the joys of playing on the East side of ND.

#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.
#2 Lazy D! Watch the Morris game, don't think I've ever seen so many backdoors in a single game.
#3 Can't handle a press.
#4 Massive amounts of turnovers. I agree, good teams cause turnovers but Enderlin turns it over against bad teams.
#5 Lack of a bench. Some of the items above might be due to this, so maybe we should cut them a little slack. But thanks to all the hot air on here, I'm not about to do that.
#6 I'll reserve my comments on how certain individuals conduct themselves on the court, but obviously they aren't worried about winning the game.

That's enough, could of left it with #1. It's the same team we've seen for the past few years facing it's weakest competition yet and I don't see where they have improved.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:48 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.

They're going to have to beat three teams better than Beulah to make it to state?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys