Coaching Openings

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaching Openings

Postby packers21 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:42 am

Coaching Openings

DLB-This is a team ready to play for a Region Champ, best opening in the state
Cavalier
Hope-Page
Lewis and Clark-I see this is open wondering if Brown went to DLB?
Hettinger-Scranton

These are just a few I have heard of-what else open?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Coaching Openings

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Winner-Within, it's your time to shine!
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Feels like Cavalier has had a lot of coaching changes the last few years.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Flip wrote:Feels like Cavalier has had a lot of coaching changes the last few years.

Rumor I had heard was they had to beg out the coach this year the day before season started because they couldn't get anyone to do it. It doesn't just feel like it, they have had a lot of changes in basketball recently.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
Flip wrote:Feels like Cavalier has had a lot of coaching changes the last few years.

Rumor I had heard was they had to beg out the coach this year the day before season started because they couldn't get anyone to do it. It doesn't just feel like it, they have had a lot of changes in basketball recently.

Plenty of talent has gone through there in this time as well. They haven't had many head coaches stick around for very long in the last 20 years. That is probably not a coincidence.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Wilton-Wing
Richland
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:

Plenty of talent has gone through there in this time as well. They haven't had many head coaches stick around for very long in the last 20 years. That is probably not a coincidence.

what IYHO do you think the Problem is/was ?

and I bet I can guess your answer, that will be incorrect
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon May 17, 2021 9:55 am

winner-within wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:

Generally when a school goes through a lot of coaches it is usually for one of the following reasons:
1. Not successful enough
2. Lack of administrative support
3. Lack of buy-in (players and parents)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 21, 2021 1:22 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:

Generally when a school goes through a lot of coaches it is usually for one of the following reasons:
1. Not successful enough
2. Lack of administrative support
3. Lack of buy-in (players and parents)

and some Programs/Towns have their own story

I was looking to see what the Local Boy (basketballmind) had in mind to his reference "That is probably not a coincidence"
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region2FootballFan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 pm

Langdon Area/Edmore/Munich recently filled there HC opening as Andy Haaven resigned. Tanner Groth is now HC for the Cardinals.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Hatton-Northwood had an opening. I'm not sure if it has been filled.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am

I wasn’t aware either of those jobs were open. Some big shoes to fill.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:27 am

Are these coaches retiring or just moving on?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:34 am

packers21 wrote:I wasn’t aware either of those jobs were open. Some big shoes to fill.

I don't know all the details, but I know the HN position was open and Konschak applied for the position he just held. I don't know why it was opened in the first place.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Heard some nasty rumors about one admin being unhappy with Konschak and running him out despite others fighting for him...not a good situation if what I heard is true. Going to be pretty hard for them to find a coach better than one only one season removed from a region championship game and coach of the year selection...
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:30 am

Last edited by BasketballMind on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:04 am

I have heard that Strasburg has a new coach, but have not been able to find out who it is.
Also, Cory Bader is the new Head Coach for South Border (assistant the last couple of years) and Eric Weisser will be the new assistant coach for South Border (former assistant at Four winds).
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:48 am

Sportsrube wrote:I have heard that Strasburg has a new coach, but have not been able to find out who it is.
Also, Cory Bader is the new Head Coach for South Border (assistant the last couple of years) and Eric Weisser will be the new assistant coach for South Border (former assistant at Four winds).

Now I was told that Strasburg has the same coach, but that there 2 best returning players both moved to Linton over the summer.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:09 am

2022-2023 Season

Kidder County
Washburn
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:04 pm

packers21 wrote:2022-2023 Season

Kidder County
Washburn

Bowman County
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:08 pm

packers21 wrote:

Kidder County
Washburn

Bowman County

Any story there? Everything I read said they should be good for a couple of years.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Flip wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Kidder County
Washburn

Bowman County

Any story there? Everything I read said they should be good for a couple of years.

Rumor has it, Shiloh might be very good for the next couple years.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:00 pm

I see Kidder County has C-V boys open. Has typically been a good program, down for the past couple years.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:40 am

packers21 wrote:I see Kidder County has C-V boys open. Has typically been a good program, down for the past couple years.

They have graduated their top athletes in the last couple of years and there is not a lot of athleticism coming up in the next few years. KC is going to struggle for a few years.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:22 pm

I see Lisbon is open, they have some nice young pieces.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys