Watford City

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Watford City

Postby heimer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:43 am

Saw Watford City got beat badly in wrestling yesterday by one of the Class A schools. Remember when they were a half-point away from a B title?

Seems like the move to Class A has not been filled with monumental success, although girls buckets is hanging in there.

Watford City's basketball coaches were lead critics of three classes or moving the number to 400.

Have fun out there!
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Watford City

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm

heimer wrote:Saw Watford City got beat badly in wrestling yesterday by one of the Class A schools. Remember when they were a half-point away from a B title?

Seems like the move to Class A has not been filled with monumental success, although girls buckets is hanging in there.

Watford City's basketball coaches were lead critics of three classes or moving the number to 400.

Have fun out there!

https://ndhsaanow.com/teams/basketball-boys/3152

WOW!!! That looks panful & we have Class B teams in the same boat with them. I disagree 100% with the 400 number even being mentioned. That just spreads the gap even more from schools with only 80 kids in the entire High School. Maybe they need to look at creating a middle class of 200-400 kids in a High School? I 100% agree that something needs to be done because when teams are combining into an entire county just to compete with the burbs we aren't going in the right direction.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
heimer wrote:Saw Watford City got beat badly in wrestling yesterday by one of the Class A schools. Remember when they were a half-point away from a B title?

Have fun out there!

https://ndhsaanow.com/teams/basketball-boys/3152

WOW!!! That looks panful & we have Class B teams in the same boat with them. I disagree 100% with the 400 number even being mentioned. That just spreads the gap even more from schools with only 80 kids in the entire High School. Maybe they need to look at creating a middle class of 200-400 kids in a High School? I 100% agree that something needs to be done because when teams are combining into an entire county just to compete with the burbs we aren't going in the right direction.

They have discussed a middle class but it never passes. My guess would be when Central Cass gets close to the 325 threshold (possible in about 5 years) we will start seeing some 3-class proposals again.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
They have discussed a middle class but it never passes. My guess would be when Central Cass gets close to the 325 threshold (possible in about 5 years) we will start seeing some 3-class proposals again.

I agree with this.

and Watford City's enrollment is closer to 500 than 400.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I agree with this.

and Watford City's enrollment is closer to 500 than 400.

I’ve said this a few times I’m interested to see what happens.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys