Region 2 Scores, Discussion

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 Scores, Discussion

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 am

FSHP @ Larimore
DVE @ Midway-Minto
Grafton @ Park River
Cavalier @ Thompson
MayPort @ North Border
Hatton @ New Rockford

I think FSHP wins by 10 tonight at Larimore - Larimore plays hard and is well coached but FSHP just has more talent. DVE at Midway could be a really good game (it was 6 points the first time they played). I think Midway is playing really well right now and DVE has been pretty up and down. I will take Midway by 10 - I think DVE has a hard time slowing down the dynamic duo of MM. Grafton wins by 20+ - too much going on for PR to handle. Cavalier @ Thompson could be interesting but I think Thompson pulls away late to win by 15. North Border gets MayPort by 15+ - long road trip for MayPort and too much length and athleticism for them to handle. I don't know a lot about New Rockford but based on scores I have seen I will take HN by 10.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:10 am

HN vs NRS should be a pretty good game. NRS has a good team and good low post player. I haven't seen HN but both teams should match up well with each other.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am

defensewinsgames wrote:FSHP @ Larimore
DVE @ Midway-Minto
Grafton @ Park River
Cavalier @ Thompson
MayPort @ North Border
Hatton @ New Rockford

I think FSHP wins by 10 tonight at Larimore - Larimore plays hard and is well coached but FSHP just has more talent. DVE at Midway could be a really good game (it was 6 points the first time they played). I think Midway is playing really well right now and DVE has been pretty up and down. I will take Midway by 10 - I think DVE has a hard time slowing down the dynamic duo of MM. Grafton wins by 20+ - too much going on for PR to handle. Cavalier @ Thompson could be interesting but I think Thompson pulls away late to win by 15. North Border gets MayPort by 15+ - long road trip for MayPort and too much length and athleticism for them to handle. I don't know a lot about New Rockford but based on scores I have seen I will take HN by 10.

Larimore 51, FSHP 49
Midway/Minto 52, DVE 39
Grafton 75, PRFL 29
Thompson 65, Cavalier 39
North Border 63, May-Port CG 40
New Rockford-Sheyenne 56, Hatton-Northwood 55
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Did anyone see or hear a report on FSHP vs. Larimore? Would be interested in a recap of that game.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:11 am

Three Games Tonight (2/11):

Larimore @ Lakota
Hillsboro-CV @ Grafton
North Border @ Park River-FL

HCV @ Grafton is obviously the big one. I think it will be a good game and close through out. It comes down to what HCV can get out of their posts. I think that is the one area I would give them an advantage in but Grafton does a good job neutralizing the lack of a true post by playing great help defense and pressuring the ball. I think Garza is the best player in this game and it comes down to what HCV is able to do to slow him. I know Grafton has been shooting outside really well as of late. Should be a great game. I will take Grafton by a score close to 65 to 59.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Did anyone see or hear a report on FSHP vs. Larimore? Would be interested in a recap of that game.

Cool fact in this game 2 women head coaches on the boys V side. How many times has that happened before ?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:00 pm

What a finish!! HCV by one over Grafton in Grafton.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:22 pm

So why didn't 'Your Live Event' have this game? As fasr as I can see, Grafton doesn't keep their varsity games on youtube, so it doesn't seem as though it can be watched.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby momofathletes » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 pm

vikingman wrote:So why didn't 'Your Live Event' have this game? As fasr as I can see, Grafton doesn't keep their varsity games on youtube, so it doesn't seem as though it can be watched.

It was on YLE. You should be able to go back and watch it at anytime.
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:35 pm

it's on now -- wasn't listed on the page I was looking at earlier.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:25 am

vikingman wrote:it's on now -- wasn't listed on the page I was looking at earlier.

It was on live last night, I was watching it from the JV games and on. So yesterday the 8th, C, JV, and Varsity games all came down to the final seconds of the game. Grafton came out ahead in all but the Varsity game.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:27 am

Scores from 2.11.12

North Border 82, PRFL 57
Larimore 49, Lakota 46
HCV 63, Grafton 62

Games tonight

Cavalier @ D/VE
Thompson @ MPCG
Hatton/Northwood @ FSHP
PRFL @ Dakota Prairie
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:15 pm

packers21 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Did anyone see or hear a report on FSHP vs. Larimore? Would be interested in a recap of that game.

Cool fact in this game 2 women head coaches on the boys V side. How many times has that happened before ?

musta been the only time its ever happened then
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:50 am

Scores from the weekend

(2.12.12)
D/VE 58, Cavalier 43
Thompson 55, MPCG 36
Hatton/Northwood 80, FSHP 74
Dakota Prairie 63, PRFL 58

(2.13.12)
HCV 63, Shiloh Christian 54
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 am

Games tonight (2.15.21)

FSHP @ Cavalier
MPCG @ HCV

As it stands right now, HCV could lock up the #1 seed at the Region tournament by winning out. The rest of their schedule looks like this.

2.15.21 - @ MPCG (2-Point game)
2.16.21 - @ Thompson (1-point game)
2.18.21 - vs. North Border (2-point game)
2.16.21 - vs. FSHP (2-point game)

All 4 are winnable games if HCV is playing the way they've been playing as of late. Since their blowout loss to Four Winds on January 15th, they've won 7 out of 8 with the lone loss being to Central Cass on a buzzer beater. Big week for Region 2. The same could be said for Thompson. I didn't realize they had Grafton on their schedule two times this year. They beat North Border on January 21. Their schedule shakes out like this.

2.16.21 - vs HCV (1-point game)
2.18.21 @ PRFL (2-point game)
2.20.21 vs. Hatton-Northwood (2-point game)
2.26.21 vs Grafton (1-point game)
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:19 am

I'm going to predict that they battle through a couple tough games vs. Thompson and North Border and win both by single digits (I think both could be one possession games). HCV is playing as well as anyone in the region right now and owning the head to head with Grafton is huge. Really good example of how scheduling those tough non-region games early in the season prepares you for the home stretch. I think HCV will win the 1 seed in the region by winning out and head into the regional tournament with a big head of steam.

Final predictions on standings are:
1. HCV
2. Grafton
3. North Border
4. Thompson
5. Hatton Northwood
6. Midway Minto
7. FSHP
8. DVE
9. MayPort
10. Park River
11. Cavalier
12. Larimore
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:41 am

Last night (2.15.21)

HCV 61, MPCG 34
Cavalier 67, FSHP 63

Games tonight (2.16.21)

North Border @ D/VE
Lakota @ Midway-Minto
Hillsboro/Central Valley @ Thompson
Park River/Fordville Lankin @ Cavalier
Kindred @ Hatton-Northwood

Obviously the game to pay attention to here is taking place in Thompson. Both teams right now have a legitimate chance to take the #1 seed in the Region tournament. It starts tonight with the second game between these two. HCV took the first game 45-40 early in January. Both teams have grown a lot since then and played some very good basketball. This is going to be a fun game to attend or watch on NFHS.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:59 am

North Border @ D/VE
Lakota @ Midway-Minto

I will take North Border by 15+, too much shooting for DVE to handle. I will take MM by 15+, I don't think Lakota can slow the big two. I will take PRFL by 2, they have been playing a lot better lately it appears from scores and Cavalier is coming off a game last night that went down to the wire. I will take Kindred by 10 or more, I don't think Hatton gets enough out of their role players to win games against the top teams. Finally in the big game I will take HCV by 5 to 10. I think Thompson hangs around but I would give advantages in depth and experience to HCV which will end up being the difference. HCV is heating up at the right time and keep it rolling tonight. Final score prediction: 65 to 57 HCV wins.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:54 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:North Border @ D/VE
Lakota @ Midway-Minto

I will take North Border by 15+, too much shooting for DVE to handle. I will take MM by 15+, I don't think Lakota can slow the big two. I will take PRFL by 2, they have been playing a lot better lately it appears from scores and Cavalier is coming off a game last night that went down to the wire. I will take Kindred by 10 or more, I don't think Hatton gets enough out of their role players to win games against the top teams. Finally in the big game I will take HCV by 5 to 10. I think Thompson hangs around but I would give advantages in depth and experience to HCV which will end up being the difference. HCV is heating up at the right time and keep it rolling tonight. Final score prediction: 65 to 57 HCV wins.

I hope the NFHS camera is on the ball today. What I've started to do is find the radio broadcast of the game and play it along with the NFHS feed in case the scoreboard has a malfunction.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:54 pm

" What I've started to do is find the radio broadcast of the game and play it along with the NFHS feed in case the scoreboard has a malfunction. "

which is fine except the video is usually well behind the radio broadcast (unless you're taking the radio off the internet as well, in that case it probably won't be as far off). At least you get an idea of the score, but it's very disconcerting to watch when things are so out-of-sync
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

I don't get the bitchin and moaning. If you are watching the whole game, how don't you know the score. We are not watching NBC or ESPN. Be thankful for what we are getting.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:20 pm

[quote="d_fense"]I don't get the bitchin and moaning. If you are watching the whole game, how don't you know the score. We are not watching NBC or ESPN. Be thankful for what we are getting.[/quote

Totally agree. Non-stop about it. Go get a book from scheels and score from home if it bothers you that much.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 pm

there aren't many games that I watch start to finish. If you start watching something in the second half and no score is available, you'd at least like to know if it's worth watching to the end.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:59 pm

vikingman wrote:there aren't many games that I watch start to finish. If you start watching something in the second half and no score is available, you'd at least like to know if it's worth watching to the end.

Guessing it’s more frustrating for you being a tech person none of that bothers me a bit. Just happy to be watching ball and not having to travel as much to do it.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:51 am

d_fense wrote:I don't get the bitchin and moaning. If you are watching the whole game, how don't you know the score. We are not watching NBC or ESPN. Be thankful for what we are getting.

Relax. If you're watching it live and don't get there at the start of the game, you would have no idea what the score is if it's wrong. There are times where the score will change on it's own when nothing is happening. I'm obviously thankful we have this option, and I also think it's reasonable to want to know what the score is if you don't have any audio to go along with it. That's why I said I throw on the radio and do what I can to sync it up to the video based on what's happening on the floor.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys