Teens Getting T's?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Teens Getting T's?

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Is this more of a problem these days. I have watched a handful games and two of those game have not had Tech's on a player. I get the coaches getting them but is it more of a problem now? I know the Enderlin/Dickinson game had one that was almost costly for the Eagles.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: Teens Getting T's?

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:23 pm

listening to the FWM/ Dickinson game and two T's in that game on FWM so far... Wow
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:31 pm

It's not right but a small sample size of games so far...maybe it's just an early season issue. A few have definitely been warranted but I've seen two that were 'jumpy' Techs.

But Less fans = more can be heard.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:37 pm

I found this tweet interesting and less than 2 minutes after I read this thread.

All of the issues that adults say exist in youth sports have been created by adults.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 am

Flip wrote:I found this tweet interesting and less than 2 minutes after I read this thread.

All of the issues that adults say exist in youth sports have been created by adults.

That is very true.... The kids take after the parents... Man my kids are screwed...

I will say I am very proud my kids have never complained to an official one time in all their years of sports. I never did either in sports but after coaching and being a parent... I have moaned and groaned a plenty in the last few years.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Flip wrote:I found this tweet interesting and less than 2 minutes after I read this thread.

Spot on! The biggest problem in youth and HS sports today are the so-called adults.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:44 am

My response would echo what has been said. When kids see parents bashing coaches, officials, other players they learn to not respect those people either. If the parents are saying things and the kids are hearing it the players will show those feelings during times when their brains don't filter it out like normal (like the intense moments of an athletic event). I will say the schools I see get the most technicals are almost always the schools with the loudest/most disrespectful fan bases and coaching staffs.

The other piece is kids will do what they get away with. It is wired in the teenage brain to find the limit and get as close to as they can. If the kid knows there are no or minimal consequences and they can brag about it to friends later they will do it. If there was a zero tolerance policy and technicals led to a ton of running and missed playing time they wouldn't happen. The schools I know where coaches have policies like this you don't see many technicals at all. Put character development in-front of winning and things will change a lot. In the words of the great Mike Ditka, "In life, you get what you tolerate."
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys