Off Season acquisitions...

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Off Season acquisitions...

Postby justplayalready » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:27 am

Taken from another thread...lol. In 2020 here we are...

What will be some under the radar impactful ones?? Which ones on paper should put a team over, but fall short when it's March???(lol I know it's too early to tell, but speculate)
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Re: Off Season acquisitions...

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 pm

justplayalready wrote:Taken from another thread...lol. In 2020 here we are...

What will be some under the radar impactful ones?? Which ones on paper should put a team over, but fall short when it's March???(lol I know it's too early to tell, but speculate)

Only two that I have heard of have been Rugby and North Border, both should help already very good squads. Rugby should be the from runner in Region 6, NB would be top 2 with Grafton. I am sure there is other, wouldnt surpise me to see more if MN went on a longer hiatus but not sure how that would all work with NDHSAA.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:42 pm

If the Spaeth kid from Ada-Borup transferred and played in Hillsboro they'd become a favorite to win the state tournament. He's incredibly talented and was the 6th man on Ada's varsity as an 8th grader for a team ranked all year in MN and beat HCV by 30+ points in January. There are a ton of very talented MN athletes right up and down the Red River Valley. I'm kind of surprised more parents/kids didn't consider this. Especially those that are upperclassmen. If Spaeth misses this year he'd at least have 3 more to go.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 am

BasketballMind wrote:If the Spaeth kid from Ada-Borup transferred and played in Hillsboro they'd become a favorite to win the state tournament. He's incredibly talented and was the 6th man on Ada's varsity as an 8th grader for a team ranked all year in MN and beat HCV by 30+ points in January. There are a ton of very talented MN athletes right up and down the Red River Valley. I'm kind of surprised more parents/kids didn't consider this. Especially those that are upperclassmen. If Spaeth misses this year he'd at least have 3 more to go.

He's good, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "favorite to win the state".
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Anything on the 22-23 season?? Or was transfer portal a covid thing??
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys