Conferences?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Conferences?

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Just a quick question - How many basketball conferences (or sports conferences) are left in ND Class B. (I know of 1) Just wondering. I know they used to be very helpful to AD's when it came to scheduling but I wonder if that is a big deal anymore with teams traveling all over the state in search of competition. I know the South Central Conference still gives a plaque to the winner of the conference and has an all conference team, but other than that I really don't see a purpose to it. Just my opinion.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Conferences?

Postby Wilbur » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:55 pm

Yes, the South Central Conference is still intact. It includes Edgeley-Kulm/Montpelier, Ellendale, Kidder County, Linton-HMB, Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter, South Border and Strasburg-Zeeland for basketball and volleyball, and adds LaMoure/Litchville-Marion for track. The SCC has SB, LHMB, LLM, NGS and Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm for wrestling; and SB, KC, S-Z, NGS and L-HMB for football.
When I was in high school, the SCC had Ashley, Emmons Central, Kulm, Linton, Napoleon, Steele, Strasburg, Wishek and Zeeland for football, and those teams along with Braddock, Gackle, Hague, Hazelton and Lehr were in the SCC for basketball and track.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:40 pm

Here are some conferences from way back (1978-79 season):

Red River Valley
Hatton, Larimore, Hillsboro, May-Port, Cooperstown, Northwood, Finley-Sharon, Oak Grove

Arrowwood
Buchanan, Glenfield-Sutton, McHenry, Pingree, Wimbledon, Grace City, North Central, Luverne, Kensal

Quad County
Marion, Montpelier, Sheldon, Verona, Fingal, Litchville

Little Yellowstone
North Central, Marion, Oriska, Wimbledon, Fingal, Litchville, Luverne, Kathryn

Tall Towers
Maple Valley, Hope, Page, Central Valley, Dakota, Thompson, Clifford-Galesburg

Cass Valley
Cass Valley North, Cardinal Muench, Chaffee, Leonard, Sheldon

North Star
Valley City, Langdon, Rugby, Grafton, Cavalier, Harvey, Carrington, Bottineau, Devils Lake
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Wild Rice Conference (no longer around) - 2000s maybe earlier
http://wrcnd.weebly.com/

Maple River Conference was another small conference of the 2000s
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Teams were in more than one conference?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 pm

I know all about the South Central Conference, are there any other conferences still in existence today?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yellowjacket » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 pm

Lake Darling Conference, all district 12 teams. Don’t know if this still counts but they still give out the trophy to the regular season champ. It’s kinda cool with lake darling and the mouse river circling through all the different schools in the district.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:54 am

Central ND Conference. Don't think they hand out regular season champion anymore but hold a tournament each year. Used to have teams like Towner, Drake-Anamoose, New Rockford, Leeds, Harvey, Fessenden, Maddock, Bowdon-Sykston, Esmond, etc. Now has Rugby, Harvey-WC, NR-S, Rolla, St. John, Drake-Anamoose, TGU, and Dunseith.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys