Mr. Basketball 07

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballer2 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:54 pm

when you say u see tate kick scoring 35 everynight i could see that as i watched him play tonight and he is a heck of a ball player... but... good players only score when they need to... i think many class b players could score 35 a night if they wanted but when only 10 to 12 games are competative they will not score 35 when they win by 50 if they dont have to... just throwin that out there...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 pm

yeah at most class b games, one team's starters end up coming out at the end of the 3rd to stop the other team from complaining about running up the score. Well if you dont like running up the score, your team should try a little harder. sound like isiah thomas
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:12 am

bballer2 wrote:when you say u see tate kick scoring 35 everynight i could see that as i watched him play tonight and he is a heck of a ball player... but... good players only score when they need to... i think many class b players could score 35 a night if they wanted but when only 10 to 12 games are competative they will not score 35 when they win by 50 if they dont have to... just throwin that out there...
that is a very good point i think people care about stats too much

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:11 pm

cdub1 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:when you say u see tate kick scoring 35 everynight i could see that as i watched him play tonight and he is a heck of a ball player... but... good players only score when they need to... i think many class b players could score 35 a night if they wanted but when only 10 to 12 games are competative they will not score 35 when they win by 50 if they dont have to... just throwin that out there...
that is a very good point i think people care about stats too much

It is a very good point and very true. Why score when you don't have to. That's why I think averaging 20 playing on a good team is better then averaging 25 playing for a bad team. If you are playing for a bad team, every game for you is gonna be a dog fight and you will have to go out and score everynight. If you play on a good team, every game isn't going to be competative, so you don't have to go out and score a bunch every night, even though you could.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:36 pm

how about Beau Sizer
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:45 am

last year i think mr. basketball went to the right guy, no one in class b was as dominant as mertens.  you could make an arguement for kirby johnson but i think he needed to get back to the state tournament to really get a chance.  brady trenbeath or chad glasser in 04 were 2 class b guys that i thought had a good chance of winning the award .  i beleive brady ended up 3rd in the final voting to moormann.  for someone like lorenz to win it, may port has to go back to state this year and finish in the top 4 so he gets more exposure and people really see how good he is.  in 2001 i thought evan lindahl got the short end of the stick for the award as well.  granted he was 6'9 in class b but he would've put up the same numbers in class a had he been playing class a his whole life.  tommy lykas in 2002 was probably the right choice too, his team was undefeated i think and they won the state tournament and he was the guy that made that team go.  one thing i didn't understand about the 03 race was why kyle nelson was nominated.  not saying he wasn't a good player but craig won the district player of the year and senior athlete of the year in class b so kyle really had no chance to win.  If he coulnd't win an award over his own teammate how would he beat 2 other players from class a?  it just seemed odd at the time. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Lamby » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Qvale  = Mr. Basketball... Hands down!!!
Lamby

Postby shotcaller1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Who do you think is Mr. Bball worthy this year?
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shotcaller1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:18 pm

all them guys are worthy. i thnk its gona come down to which teams impress the most at the end and how much more that individual steps up
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kissarmy74 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:20 am

The Schwab wrote:That's my point exactly..Devils Lake was the best team in class A last year and lost two games.....and didnt make it....and that ment that a team below average got in.....I can only think of 2 instances where teams from class B have had a losing record....Berthold in 2002 or 2003 when they had all of those players kicked out for 6 weeks..came back and made it...they were a really good team...the were under .500...and central cass 2 years ago was at .500 and came out of Region 1...after Maple Valley was upset.....

I may be wrong, but I think Minot Ryan went to state one year with a record of 10-11 or something like that.
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:53 pm

Yeah I remember Minot Ryan gettin in with a loosing record.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:43 pm

kissarmy74 wrote:I may be wrong, but I think Minot Ryan went to state one year with a record of 10-11 or something like that.

2000. MR lost to Oak Grove in the championship game.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:24 am

Who knows something about Beau Sizer?  I just see the stats he's been putting up.

feedback
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:04 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:Who knows something about Beau Sizer?  I just see the stats he's been putting up.

feedback
He's a very good rebounder and finisher, puts up good numbers despite opposing teams keying on him. Team success will determine his award chances
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby shotcaller1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:25 am

ndsbest44 wrote:
hoop_fan1 wrote:Who knows something about Beau Sizer?  I just see the stats he's been putting up.

feedback
He's a very good rebounder and finisher, puts up good numbers despite opposing teams keying on him. Team success will determine his award chances

he's not big at all, tall though, 6'4 or so but not built big. sizer can score from js about anywhere inside the three. ive seen him play a few times last year but havent seen him this year yet. he creates his own shots and like hoop_fan1 said is a very good finisher and rebounder. i don't think he'll be up for mr bball though
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys