Mr. Basketball 07

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

who's it gonna be? If they do the same format as last year, 2 players from class A and 2 from B. Who are the 4? and who win's it all?
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Qvale, Kick, Lorenz, Bakkum imo
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm

baller01 wrote:Qvale, Kick, Lorenz, Bakkum imo

qvale and kick, toss up between bakkum lorenz and ironhart.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:32 pm

What about maybe a guy like Na. Packineau?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:27 pm

I'm taking Qvale, Kick, Lorenz, and Bakkum with Kick winning it all. Any thoughts?
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:36 pm

agree
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm not disagreeing with your choices for Mr. Bball...all i wanna know is, Why does Mark Bakkum get so much hype on here? I'm sure he's a good player, but if he was that good...why wasnt he All State last year?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:27 pm

The Schwab wrote:I'm not disagreeing with your choices for Mr. Bball...all i wanna know is, Why does Mark Bakkum get so much hype on here? I'm sure he's a good player, but if he was that good...why wasnt he All State last year?

the kid is averaging 22 ppg, 13rbg, 8apg....all this while basically sitting most of if not all of the 4th quarters so far.  he would also be averging about 3-4 more assists a game but only then him and Randall no one can really knock down a jumper consistantly.  if you wathc him play u will see how easy and natural the game jsut comes to him. most people work for there shots where for him it seems like he can do it at will.  i have always wanted to see him go up against Lorenz that would be great but the only way that would happen is in a state tourney.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Baseball is right. Bakkums game is so smooth and pure its unreal. Not many guys in the state can just pull up and shoot a jump shot from a foot or two from behind the arc with a hand in their face. His passing ability is unreal. He just has a natural feel for the game and its unfortunate that he isn't on a better team because like baseball said, Randall is really the only one that can score outside. If you stuck him on a team with 2 or 3 shooters, he would definately be averaging a triple-double.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Alright I'll give ya that....but there have been alot of those types of players over the years...that havent got the recognition they deserved.....so he's just a good player stuck on an average team? ok
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:25 pm

Alright, I have to intervene. I see SD has played 3 games according to NDHSAA. He averages 20pts 11rpg and 8apg. Very nice stats. Its early in the year, 3 games against average teams(no idea what they are like, so I'm sorry). Na. Packineau tearing teams apart. 5-1 and he is basically averaging a triple-double I've never seen Bakkum play, but have seen Packineau and from a first-hand standpoint, he has the total game and it doesnt get much better than him. Nice off of screens, nice in the paint, golden from the trey line, plays pretty solid 'D', he's just a great all-around player.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:32 pm

That is the difference, you have seen Na. Packineau play, you haven't seen Bakkum. Oh and by the way, Packineau plays with a guy named Rudy Young Bird who averages over 20 a game, and numerous other guys who average 5-10 a night. Bakkum plays with a freshmen that averages 13 a night and thats about it. Talk about carrying the weight of a team.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:28 am

baller01 wrote:That is the difference, you have seen Na. Packineau play, you haven't seen Bakkum. Oh and by the way, Packineau plays with a guy named Rudy Young Bird who averages over 20 a game, and numerous other guys who average 5-10 a night. Bakkum plays with a freshmen that averages 13 a night and thats about it. Talk about carrying the weight of a team.

I wasnt disrespecting Bakkums game at all, after all the talk on here I believe he is a good baller. I was just saying what I know about Packineau after YOU asked, " what about maybe a guy like Na. Packineau?" And if you havent looked at there games, I can guarantee he isnt playing anywhere past 3 quarters when they are blowing people out by 50 pts.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 am

the first time i played packineau he dint show me nething then i played him again and he was one of the best players i played against but when you play bakkum he is impossible to guard as he pulls up in your face when you dont see it coming and he doesnt miss much packineau is good too though

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:51 am

baseball wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'm not disagreeing with your choices for Mr. Bball...all i wanna know is, Why does Mark Bakkum get so much hype on here? I'm sure he's a good player, but if he was that good...why wasnt he All State last year?

the kid is averaging 22 ppg, 13rbg, 8apg....all this while basically sitting most of if not all of the 4th quarters so far.  he would also be averging about 3-4 more assists a game but only then him and Randall no one can really knock down a jumper consistantly.  if you wathc him play u will see how easy and natural the game jsut comes to him. most people work for there shots where for him it seems like he can do it at will.  i have always wanted to see him go up against Lorenz that would be great but the only way that would happen is in a state tourney.
i pretty much agree with you but until the end of jan. i don't think we should be using stats from this year. come on how can you tell who a good player is after five games. but don't get me wrong bakkum is a good player. for me i would go with ironheart and lorenz ahead of him for one reason. they have been exposed on state wide tv. they both impressed last year at state and for lorenz the year before as well.
PA42

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:03 am

After seeing Packineau in the Sweet 16 Tourney, I'm not real excited about him.  The Minot Soph limited him to about 5 pts... 
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:05 am

i pretty much agree with you but until the end of jan. i don't think we should be using stats from this year. come on how can you tell who a good player is after five games.
He has been putting up similiar numbers since his sophomore season. He's been able to pull up from a foot behind the arc with a hand in his face since he was a sophomore. His numbers have awlays been high and just have improved every year. No one has really heard of him before last year because he doesn't play on a very good basketball team. If he would have played in a state tourney last year I can about imagine you would change your mind about him.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:08 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
baller01 wrote:That is the difference, you have seen Na. Packineau play, you haven't seen Bakkum. Oh and by the way, Packineau plays with a guy named Rudy Young Bird who averages over 20 a game, and numerous other guys who average 5-10 a night. Bakkum plays with a freshmen that averages 13 a night and thats about it. Talk about carrying the weight of a team.

I wasnt disrespecting Bakkums game at all, after all the talk on here I believe he is a good baller. I was just saying what I know about Packineau after YOU asked, " what about maybe a guy like Na. Packineau?" And if you havent looked at there games, I can guarantee he isnt playing anywhere past 3 quarters when they are blowing people out by 50 pts.

I know you weren't disrespecting his game. I just wanted to point out that Packineau is playing with another all-state caliber player. I remember a guy named Payton Tivis that played with another all-stater in Pauley. I bet you Tivis would be the first to admit that its really nice playing along side someone that good. I played against Tivis and Pauley last year. We wanted to shut Tivis down but then Pauley would score, we tried shutting down Pauley then Tivis scored. Not many teams in the state can guard 2 all-staters.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:06 am

I'm sick of people saying Mark Bakkum and Luke Lorenz are overrated. I bet more than half of people that say that have never seen either of them play. If you want to see the hype, go to steele or mpcg and watch one of them play. You'll soon be changing your mind about that. Bakkum is averaging 8 assists with nobody on his team except for that freshman. He can dribble down and pull up from 1-2 feet behind the arc and drain it with ease even if the shot is contested. I'd like to see someone name another player in the state that can do that. It's pretty unlikely.
Last edited by project-pat on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby rep » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:08 am

bakkum and steele will be at the stutsman county tournament in jamestown the second week in january...be a good chance to see them play quite a few teams from the district 5 half of region 3

to shed some light on why bakkum wasn't an all-state player i think that it should be acknowledged that four or five players (can't remember which) from region 7 were named all-state. it was an unusual year with one region getting so many kids voted in and as a result a lot of regions ended up with only one all-stater.

with only 15 slots, barring ties, basically each region should get two kids in and then one region would have just one. but with region 7 last year, it pretty much threw everything out of wack.
Last edited by rep on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby project-pat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:11 am

horne98 wrote:
i pretty much agree with you but until the end of jan. i don't think we should be using stats from this year. come on how can you tell who a good player is after five games. but don't get me wrong bakkum is a good player. for me i would go with ironheart and lorenz ahead of him for one reason. they have been exposed on state wide tv. they both impressed last year at state and for lorenz the year before as well.

And if Steele woulda made state, I almost guarantee you you would of taken Ironheart off your list. Don't get me wrong, Ironheart is an excellent player, but Bakkum is much more deserving. His game is unreal. He is also very active in his  community and has a 4.0 GPA. What else can this kid do besides drive the bus?
Last edited by project-pat on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 am

project-pat wrote:
horne98 wrote:

And if Steele woulda made state, I almost guarantee you you would of taken Ironheart off your list. Don't get me wrong, Ironheart is an excellent player, but Bakkum is much more deserving. His game is unreal. He is also very active in his  community and has a 4.0 GPA. What else can this kid do besides drive the bus?

Bakkum jr. year.....21ppg 9 rpg 7 apg.  43% from 3 (72-167)  53% from inside the arch, 49% overall FG.  76% ft's worst of his career by about 8-9%.  171 assists vs. 68 turnovers.  and over 60 steals.  pretty good all around numbers IMO.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:39 am

exactly
project-pat

Postby rep » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:42 am

project-pat wrote:
horne98 wrote:

and i bet if given the chance, he could drive the bus
rep

Postby Ming01 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:09 am

Anybody know if any class b players have a good chance at playing for NDSU?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys