Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:55 pm

What are your thoughts on region 4 teams?
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 4

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

4winds
Langdon
Dunseith

NRS
St John
Benson

Off the time of my head.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Blue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm

I agree, but would move up NRS. a bit especially with Parker Granger playing there. I've seen him catch fire and he is tough stop beyond the arc when he gets going. Nice addition an already strong core. Wouldn't be surprised if they wind up in the region title game. Cook and Belquist do a good job and always seem to have them ready to go.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Big Blue wrote:I agree, but would move up NRS. a bit especially with Parker Granger playing there. I've seen him catch fire and he is tough stop beyond the arc when he gets going. Nice addition an already strong core. Wouldn't be surprised if they wind up in the region title game. Cook and Belquist do a good job and always seem to have them ready to go.

Agreed, led them in scoring last night and hit the game winner.

Know more about them after the CNDC
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Region 4 is shaping up to be quite a region tournament with Fourwinds, ST. John, New Rockford, and Langdon/Edmore/Munich. Four winds is the favorite but I got to believe that they are going to be challenge by these three others. Also the next tier of teams could also pull upset against anyone of these four teams in this group we have Dakota prairie, Benson county, and Dunseith. Fourwinds have beat New Rockford but by only 7 and have beat Langdon and here again only by 4 and will not have played ST. John for the season. With Langdon beating ST. John last night and St. John splitting with New Rockford this year and Langdon loosing to New Rockford earlier in the season makes for interesting regional tournament. It will be interesting how match up come out after the district tournaments and should make district tournaments game quite important on how your seated in the regional tournament and what side of the brackets your on.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:54 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:Region 4 is shaping up to be quite a region tournament with Fourwinds, ST. John, New Rockford, and Langdon/Edmore/Munich. Four winds is the favorite but I got to believe that they are going to be challenge by these three others. Also the next tier of teams could also pull upset against anyone of these four teams in this group we have Dakota prairie, Benson county, and Dunseith. Fourwinds have beat New Rockford but by only 7 and have beat Langdon and here again only by 4 and will not have played ST. John for the season. With Langdon beating ST. John last night and St. John splitting with New Rockford this year and Langdon loosing to New Rockford earlier in the season makes for interesting regional tournament. It will be interesting how match up come out after the district tournaments and should make district tournaments game quite important on how your seated in the regional tournament and what side of the brackets your on.

District 7 tourney will be extremely important for seeding. The #2 seed BC and #3 (NRS or DP) should have a great game in the semis with getting to that championship game important to avoid matching up with St. John or Langdon in the first round of regions. In District 8 the championship should end up being between SJ and Langdon. Upsets could happen in either district semis, though.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby RockNRoll » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Benson County has been good and Dakota Prairie has done a good job also. I think either one these teams could beat NRS, St John and Langdon come regionals.
I'd say Langdon and Four Winds finish districts with the 1st seeds and Four Winds moving on to the tournament.
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:22 pm

RockNRoll wrote:Benson County has been good and Dakota Prairie has done a good job also. I think either one these teams could beat NRS, St John and Langdon come regionals.
I'd say Langdon and Four Winds finish districts with the 1st seeds and Four Winds moving on to the tournament.

Did DP have a Player (starter) suspended for the rest of the season?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region2FootballFan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:39 pm

winner-within wrote:
RockNRoll wrote:Benson County has been good and Dakota Prairie has done a good job also. I think either one these teams could beat NRS, St John and Langdon come regionals.

Yes
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:33 am

Region2FootballFan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Yes[/quote
After the game with Warwick the DP player wanted to fight a Warwick player. The words Prairie Ni##er were used. The player was suspended, why he was kicked off idk. He was on the bench at a recent game and hit one of his teammates afterward and was kicked off. So use racial slurs, stay on team. Hit teammate, kicked off.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am

senditin wrote:After the game with Warwick the DP player wanted to fight a Warwick player. The words Prairie Ni##er were used. The player was suspended, why he was kicked off idk. He was on the bench at a recent game and hit one of his teammates afterward and was kicked off. So use racial slurs, stay on team. Hit teammate, kicked off.

If what you're saying is correct it was probably a combination of both offenses.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:56 am

senditin wrote:
Region2FootballFan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Yes[/quote
After the game with Warwick the DP player wanted to fight a Warwick player. The words Prairie Ni##er were used. The player was suspended, why he was kicked off idk. He was on the bench at a recent game and hit one of his teammates afterward and was kicked off. So use racial slurs, stay on team. Hit teammate, kicked off.

Not advocating for racial slurs but I could see why physical violence would be met more harshly than hate speech.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Flip wrote:
senditin wrote:After the game with Warwick the DP player wanted to fight a Warwick player. The words Prairie Ni##er were used. The player was suspended, why he was kicked off idk. He was on the bench at a recent game and hit one of his teammates afterward and was kicked off. So use racial slurs, stay on team. Hit teammate, kicked off.

If what you're saying is correct it was probably a combination of both offenses.

Yes I bet if the instances were switched around the same punishments would have occurred. One incident is a mistake and probably warrants a second chance, another incident is a pattern and time to move on.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 am

One could get a person Hurt in the wrong/right setting and the other can land a person behind Bars
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby RockNRoll » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Tough Region-Great Job FWM
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby backroads » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:31 am

Watched the region tournament, great games! I hope the state can find a way to play this out later (State Tournament) this year once the all clear signal is sent.
backroads
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hoops23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Congrats to Four Winds Minnewaukan Indians, Region 4 champs...When you hold a team to 43 points, as they did in each of their 3 regional games, most good teams have a good shot at winning those games. They definitely play great D during there regional run.
hoops23
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys