Congrats Keenan Konschak

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:36 pm

how bout those hatton-northwood thunder...picked up their coach's first career victory with a 61-54 overtime victory over midway-minto...congrats coach...hope its the first of many.
rep

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:04 pm

rep wrote:how bout those hatton-northwood thunder...picked up their coach's first career victory with a 61-54 overtime victory over midway-minto...congrats coach...hope its the first of many.

From what I heard he was an assistant under Dan Carr of Linton. Not exactly the worst coach to learn from.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:12 pm

baller01 wrote:
rep wrote:how bout those hatton-northwood thunder...picked up their coach's first career victory with a 61-54 overtime victory over midway-minto...congrats coach...hope its the first of many.

From what I heard he was an assistant under Dan Carr of Linton. Not exactly the worst coach to learn from.

i believe he was an assistant for two years.

in the understatement of my lifetime: dan carr is no slouch.
rep

Postby lightning » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:25 pm

baller01 wrote:

yea hey i think ur from linton
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:04 pm

lightning wrote:
baller01 wrote:

yea hey i think ur from linton

im not from linton and i would say Carr is a great coach to learn from?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Would he happen to be Nolan Konschaks father?
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:41 pm

Ming01 wrote:

Would he happen to be Nolan Konschaks father?

uh...no clue...i would guess sure, but that is only because keenan is the first konschak i've come across
rep

Postby point/center » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:09 am

not father...i think brother or cousin
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:06 am

Brother
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:42 am

he graudated from mayville state, and was an assistant baseball coach at mpcg, and then took a social studies teaching job as well as an oppurtunity to be an assisant under Carr. For one year he was the second assisant and mostly manned the c-squad. Last year he was in charge of the jv and was carr's main assistant. I know keenan personally and he's a good guy but i just don't think the guy who delivered me pizza three or four years ago(he worked at the mayville pizza hut) will be a coaching legend. i'm sure he will be a fine coach i think he is a definite step down for the thunder after jim housen. i wish him the best of luck, he is a great guy.
Last edited by PA42 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby mwall30 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:01 pm

horne98 wrote:he graudated from mayville state, and was an assistant baseball coach at mpcg, and then took a social studies teaching job as well as an oppurtunity to be an assisant under Carr. For one year he was the second assisant and mostly manned the c-squad. Last year he was in charge of the jv and was carr's main assistant. I know keenan personally and he's a good guy but i just don't think the guy who delivered me pizza three or four years ago(he worked at the mayville pizza hut) will be a coaching legend. i'm sure he will be a fine coach i think he is a definite step down for the thunder after jim housen. i wish him the best of luck, he is a great guy.

I don't think he is a definate step down.  You are a little to quick to judge.  He's coached two varsity games in his career and your already saying he's a step down from their old coach.  Why do you think this?
mwall30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:10 pm

mwall30 wrote:
horne98 wrote:he graudated from mayville state, and was an assistant baseball coach at mpcg, and then took a social studies teaching job as well as an oppurtunity to be an assisant under Carr. For one year he was the second assisant and mostly manned the c-squad. Last year he was in charge of the jv and was carr's main assistant. I know keenan personally and he's a good guy but i just don't think the guy who delivered me pizza three or four years ago(he worked at the mayville pizza hut) will be a coaching legend. i'm sure he will be a fine coach i think he is a definite step down for the thunder after jim housen. i wish him the best of luck, he is a great guy.

I don't think he is a definate step down.  You are a little to quick to judge.  He's coached two varsity games in his career and your already saying he's a step down from their old coach.  Why do you think this?

I never said he was a step down from Carr. All I said is he is a good guy to learn from. I also didn't say he's going to be a good coach down the road. I just was pointing out he had a good teacher.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mwall30 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:18 pm

yes i know what you mean by good teacher. Dan Carr is great.  If not the greatest coach coaching in state class B right now.
mwall30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:45 pm

Ok I just didn't want people thinking that I thought he was going to be a great coach after 2 wins. I just meant hes going to be teaching his players great stuff because of who he got it from.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:14 am

i think he is as step down from jim howson but sometimes fresh young talent can get kids to play more than the veteran coaches. Jim Howson was canned because the shool said coaches needed to teach in the school. Konscak was hired because of his expierence at linton and their needed for a social studies teacher. Good luck to hatton-northwood they have as good of chance as anyone to take a wide open region 2.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:04 am

i would just like to congratulate coach konschak on hatton-northwoods victory over the unbeaten arrows of ashby. They are still learning the game plan but he has them ready to play every game.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 pm

i want to say congratulations to the hatton-northwood team.  they played a great game.  i was personally impressed by mark wallace's defense on luke lorenz.  he played a lot better than i thought he would.  coach konschak should be proud of the heart his players showed. i think region 2 has another contender for the region title.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:04 pm

i agree and disagree. cubsfan i think we have said the whole time this region is wide open. Konschack had his kids ready to play. DO i think hatton northwood or keenan konschack defeated them, no. the rim did. the patriots need to be able to shoot the ball from outside ten feet. if you asked me if they had one guy who could hit a three pointer consistently i would say no. I think that the patriots will go on and be fine. As for the the thunder. This was not the same team that i saw beat a ghastly larimore squad by eight. inconsistent? i don't know. it's early in the year, but congratulations to hatton-northwood thats was a nice win. they played well enough to deserve the win.
Last edited by PA42 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby TKR53 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 pm

horne98 wrote:i agree and disagree. cubsfan i think we have said the whole time this region is wide open. Konschack had his kids ready to play. DO i think hatton northwood or keenan konschack defeated no. the rim did. the patriots need to be able to shoot the ball from outside ten feet. if you asked me if they had one guy who could hit a three pointer consistently i would say no. I think that the patriots will go on and be fine. As for the the thunder. This was not the same team that i saw beat a ghastly larimore squad by eight. inconsistent? i don't know. it's early in the year, but congratulations to hatton-northwood thats was a nice win.

Were you really at both Hatton Northwood games??  You make it sound like you are not from Hatton or Northwood by the way you give them little to NO CREDIT.  So why would you be coming to thier games?? 
Last edited by TKR53 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TKR53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:16 am

you guys played your butts off last night. congratulations as it was a very big win.
Last edited by PA42 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby you_dont_know_me » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:18 pm

Hatton-Northwood is an all around better team!  People give way to much credit to Mayville, and think they are the greatest team.  The thunder beat them fair and square! I dont know how u can say that the rim was the problem when the final score was 68-65!  It was all TONY EVENSTUD!!! and if the thunder would have put max tangen in, all them patriots would have learned a lesson!!
you_dont_know_me
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Well this wont be the last time those two teams will play each other....we'll see come tourney time who the better team is
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:14 am

you_dont_know_me wrote:Hatton-Northwood is an all around better team!  People give way to much credit to Mayville, and think they are the greatest team.  The thunder beat them fair and square! I dont know how u can say that the rim was the problem when the final score was 68-65!  It was all TONY EVENSTUD!!! and if the thunder would have put max tangen in, all them patriots would have learned a lesson!!

The Thunder have a hidden talent on the bench with Max Tangen. It would make games alot more interesting with him playing. The Thunder would do better if he got more playing time. Gus Kueber should also get more playing time. he is young, long and athletic. The only weakness he has is his weakness. He is not that strong but somehow he manages to play tough.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:23 am

i have watched gus play three or four times now and i have been very impressed. he is very athletic and has good cordination for his size. and his lankiness makes him so tough on defense. by the end of the year could be a player to watch.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:10 pm

i understand gus saw a lot of time last night. did he play well?
PA42

Next

Return to Boys