mpcg

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 pm

mpcg defeated central cass by nearly twenty on monday. Central Cass came into the game with a 2-0 record and a win over a over a class a team (valley, i know their bad),  so this appears to be a pretty big victory for the patriots. I am not ready declare them champions but does this bring them back into the top ten picture or is it just another victory.
PA42

Postby ndfan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 pm

I'd give it a few more games if they keep winning, this is a dark horse team to me cause they have a good player in Lorenz but the rest of the team is pretty much unknown. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them ranked at the end of the year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm

tonight the patriots played very impressive. lorenz scored 24 and had 10 rebounds, and had 5 assists. the patriots played very well as a team. 2 other people beside lorenz were in double-digits. i would say this is a big confidence booster for the patriots.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ohiostate31 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:15 am

Lorenz is a decent ball player. But i do believe that mpcg i highly overated
ohiostate31

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:38 am

ohiostate31 wrote:Lorenz is a decent ball player. But i do believe that mpcg i highly overated

decent?  that is a slap in the face to luke lorenz
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 pm

ohiostate31 wrote:Lorenz is a decent ball player. But i do believe that mpcg i highly overated

Lorenz is not decent he is excellent but there is no way that mpcg should be tied for 10th
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Yeah there is they play one of the hardest schedules in the state
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Lorenz is way to talked up on this site.  its the team.  they play great team ball, defense and offense.  their coach is the reason for their success.  lorenz doesnt stick out defensely that much, i havent seen him guard 2 players at once...  their team defensive fundamentals are almost perfect.  sure hes the leader and the best player on the team, --give more credit to the others on the team not just LL
thundastruck.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am

thundastruck. wrote:Lorenz is way to talked up on this site.  its the team.  they play great team ball, defense and offense.  their coach is the reason for their success.  lorenz doesnt stick out defensely that much, i havent seen him guard 2 players at once...  their team defensive fundamentals are almost perfect.  sure hes the leader and the best player on the team, --give more credit to the others on the team not just LL

they play MAN TO MAN defense and lorenz is always taking the best player on the opposing team away which causes the other guys on the team to have to score against good defensive players.  Lorenz does stick out
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:11 am

thundastruck. wrote:Lorenz is way to talked up on this site.  its the team.  they play great team ball, defense and offense.  their coach is the reason for their success.  lorenz doesnt stick out defensely that much, i havent seen him guard 2 players at once...  their team defensive fundamentals are almost perfect.  sure hes the leader and the best player on the team, --give more credit to the others on the team not just LL
wow....hahaha...thanks for the laugh, I suppose that we shouldnt talk up the ONLY returning 1st team all state selection....GOOD ONE
Last edited by The Schwab on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:50 pm

The Schwab wrote:
wow....hahaha...thanks for the laugh, I suppose that we shouldnt talk up the ONLY returning 1st team all state selection....GOOD ONE

ya your right i should take a knee to greatness.  are you looking to be his agent after his stellar d-1 career?

your a prime example why no one likes mayville..
Last edited by thundastruck. on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:55 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

ya your right i should take a knee to greatness.  are you looking to be his agent after his stellar d-1 career?

your a prime example why no one likes mayville..

I would say people like you don't like Mayville because they are jealous of their success...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Luke Lorenz will end up going to a college and be a defensive stopper and by his junior will be average double digits in points scored.  The reason why people hate Mayville is because of their success, but that success does not come easy.  Is it Mayville's fault that the kids are willing to put in the hard work and dedication it takes to get where they have been?  I think not.  It is some of the same reasons why a lot of people dislike Dickinson Trinity.
Last edited by cubsfan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby C dock » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 am

It's true. MPCG has amazing athletes that are willing to work hard, all the time.  Nelson is a super coach that the kids are willing to work hard for.  Don't be hating Mayville because they are so successful, because that would be lame.
C dock
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BB11 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:23 pm

cubsfan wrote:Luke Lorenz will end up going to a college and be a defensive stopper and by his junior will be average double digits in points scored.  The reason why people hate Mayville is because of their success, but that success does not come easy.  Is it Mayville's fault that the kids are willing to put in the hard work and dedication it takes to get where they have been?  I think not.  It is some of the same reasons why a lot of people dislike Dickinson Trinity.

No it's not the same reason why people dislike Trinity. Trinity is disliked because they are a Class A town playing class B sports. I do not care what their enrollment is - they have the advantage of being in a town with over 10,000 people. Why is this all of a sudden accepted for Minot Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, Shiloh, Trinity Christian, and all the rest to be Class B. Last time I checked the population of May-Port was 2,300. The population of Minot was over 35,000. Or true class B towns like Leeds - with 300-400 population having to go against Shiloh Christian which is located in 50,000+ Bismarck.

That's why people hate private schools in Class B. I think D. Trinity has a great staff and fine players that work hard - BUT they should NOT be in class B. THAT IS OBVIOUS. When there are 124 schools in class B - 8 being private schools, and each year 3-4 private schools make the state tournament. That should be a big clue that they have an unfair advantage. Tell me if I'm wrong - I know I'm not - but I would like to see arguments against my theory.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:53 pm

BB11 it wasn't an issue in the early nineties when Trinity couldn't even break 500 in basketball.  High school sports tends to be cyclical with schools having a few good years in a row followed by down years.  The same can be said for Oak Grove and Minot Ryan.  Shiloh hasn't been around long enough to go through those cycles, but they will in time.....The key for Trinity has been the longevity of their coaching staffs.  They have been there for a long time and I think the importance of an established program is often overlooked when this topic comes up.  Other  programs that come to mind include May-Port and Linton.  Today those are schools that you can pretty much pencil in as contenders and they too have established programs..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:16 pm

[user=607]scruffy[/user] wrote:
BB11 it wasn't an issue in the early nineties when Trinity couldn't even break 500 in basketball.  High school sports tends to be cyclical with schools having a few good years in a row followed by down years.  The same can be said for Oak Grove and Minot Ryan.  Shiloh hasn't been around long enough to go through those cycles, but they will in time.....The key for Trinity has been the longevity of their coaching staffs.  They have been there for a long time and I think the importance of an established program is often overlooked when this topic comes up.  Other  programs that come to mind include May-Port and Linton.  Today those are schools that you can pretty much pencil in as contenders and they too have established programs..

Just my Opinion and don't care to argue with anybody on this. But I think the reason it wasn't a issue in the early nineties was because enrollment wasn't a huge problem, but today enrollment is a big problem for a lot of smaller schools and its not going to get any better. But I think your also right in that longevity can play a big part too. This is something that can be debated forever.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thunder66 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:10 pm

actually i think the reason people don't like mayville is because they're really cocky, whether its chanting "DOWN BY 20" when they get up by 20 or pressing finley-sharon throughout the game until finley's coach told his players to just give mayville the ball, it also doesn't help that nobody ever stops talking about them
Thunder66

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:03 am

Thunder66 wrote:actually i think the reason people don't like mayville is because they're really cocky, whether its chanting "DOWN BY 20" when they get up by 20 or pressing finley-sharon throughout the game until finley's coach told his players to just give mayville the ball, it also doesn't help that nobody ever stops talking about them
mpcg was not pressing much through the finley game. because last year mpcg didn't use the press much. so nelson was using gametime to work on his press. It was early in the third quarter and then finley's coach started to tell mehus to give the ball to the defense.
PA42

Postby heelsfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:38 am

It was an issue in the nineties!  You just don't know about it.  I watched, played and know a lot of facts about Trinity.  My wife's relative coached at Trinity and I know how it is.  It would be nice to pick and choose people that would like to attend school.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:25 am

[user=2051]heelsfan[/user] wrote:
It was an issue in the nineties!  You just don't know about it.  I watched, played and know a lot of facts about Trinity.  My wife's relative coached at Trinity and I know how it is.  It would be nice to pick and choose people that would like to attend school.

The last line is what I was alluding too - although I'm glad someone else with first hand knowledge was willing to say it. Thank you.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:58 am

cubsfan wrote:Luke Lorenz will end up going to a college and be a defensive stopper and by his junior will be average double digits in points scored.  The reason why people hate Mayville is because of their success, but that success does not come easy.  Is it Mayville's fault that the kids are willing to put in the hard work and dedication it takes to get where they have been?  I think not.  It is some of the same reasons why a lot of people dislike Dickinson Trinity.

Everyone is Jealous of them?  I would beg to differ, I have no need to be jealous of a team of their caliber. I am not taking anything away from Lorenz, from the sounds of it he is a heck of an athelete and I wish him well, but one man doesn't make a team. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:

Everyone is Jealous of them?  I would beg to differ, I have no need to be jealous of a team of their caliber. I am not taking anything away from Lorenz, from the sounds of it he is a heck of an athelete and I wish him well, but one man doesn't make a team. 

Lorenz is probaly thinking...theres no I in team, but theres a, m and e
fruit snack

Postby cubsfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:15 pm

I am not necessarily talking about the whole state.  I am generally talking about the District 3 area.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys