region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

region 1

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Why can't region 1 have the opening games at a neutral site, since we took the districts away, give the kids a chance to play in a nice auditorium, I hope its not about the god almighty dollar, plus its nice to watch every team play!!!!!!!!!!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: region 1

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:55 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Why can't region 1 have the opening games at a neutral site, since we took the districts away, give the kids a chance to play in a nice auditorium, I hope its not about the god almighty dollar, plus its nice to watch every team play!!!!!!!!!!!

All 3 super region tournaments have the same format...1st Rounds are at the higher seed...making the regular season matter with a home court advantage. Region 1 did the opening round in a neutral site the first year but it didn't get positive reviews across the region.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND Sports Fan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:52 pm

It ALL about the cost.

Separately, who has predictions for the first round tomorrow?
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Northern Cass @ M-NS - Toss Up; going to be much closer than the 1st time around as NC is healthy now.
Sargent Central @ Richland - Richland by 15+
Central Cass @ Kindred - CC matches up well with Kindred; Kindred favored by 5-10 pts
Enderlin @ Hankinson - If they Bye kid is hot...Enderlin has a chance to pull the upset; Hankinson favored in close game
Lisbon @ Tri-State - Tri-State should have no issues with Lisbon if healthy - T-S by 15+
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Some interesting results in the region one play in games last night.

Biggest upset of the night was the Lisbon over Tri-State.

Easiest prediction of the night was Kindred over Central Cass. Central Cass used a season-long formula, jumped out to an early lead and then was unable to finish to end up losing a close one. I've heard it said many times that close games are won or lost by coaches. After a 4 and 17 record, and many of those 17 losses coming by eight points or less, Central Cass does not have a talent deficiency. Dan Carr is being inducted into the North Dakota Hall of Fame this year,. I wonder how many victories he alone has accounted for Through The Years by having a philosophy that wins games in the final minutes. Coaching matters, if your players consistently have you in close ball games, the coach needs to be able to help them seal the deal in the end.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:33 pm

ND Sports Fan wrote:Some interesting results in the region one play in games last night.

Biggest upset of the night was the Lisbon over Tri-State.

Easiest prediction of the night was Kindred over Central Cass. Central Cass used a season-long formula, jumped out to an early lead and then was unable to finish to end up losing a close one. I've heard it said many times that close games are won or lost by coaches. After a 4 and 17 record, and many of those 17 losses coming by eight points or less, Central Cass does not have a talent deficiency. Dan Carr is being inducted into the North Dakota Hall of Fame this year,. I wonder how many victories he alone has accounted for Through The Years by having a philosophy that wins games in the final minutes. Coaching matters, if your players consistently have you in close ball games, the coach needs to be able to help them seal the deal in the end.

You can just type that you think Central Cass's coach is bad. You have eluded to this on numerous occasions.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:43 pm

If Enderlin keeps composure and hits 40% of their shots and they do not turn the ball over more than 10 times.. they could be the Dark Horse. They Beat the Pirates at Hankinson to advance ..and They Hung right in the seasonal game with WL and also with Maple Valley.. and they are in that bracket....they have improved since then... Could Be interesting.. :) :) :)
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

This is why I am mad how the kids in Richland got railroaded, if you think Enderlin is a dark horse!! I would not want to play Richland next year, they going to be out for revenge. I know people don't care but the truth will come out.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:13 am

hoophoophoop wrote:This is why I am mad how the kids in Richland got railroaded, if you think Enderlin is a dark horse!! I would not want to play Richland next year, they going to be out for revenge. I know people don't care but the truth will come out.

Richland will probably be tough next year...but don't count out Enderlin...they are a VERY young team... and will return the whole team next season... with some work I think they will be right in the Hunt to be Top in Region 1.Oak Grove will loose alot...but Card always seems to put together a Competitive Team... Guess we will have to wait a full year to see what and who is going to be The Team to Beat.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:This is why I am mad how the kids in Richland got railroaded, if you think Enderlin is a dark horse!! I would not want to play Richland next year, they going to be out for revenge. I know people don't care but the truth will come out.

hoophoophoop--- not to get into what happened, didn't happen, or whatever in Richland. Some seemed to think that the team would be back after a week or two. Then that they would be back before tournament time. Those dates have come and gone. Is there a decent chance that the team will not be back together even next season?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby spins » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 pm

So what happened here? I dont know anything about this situation and am now a bit curious.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Be careful of what is posted on these boards...as this is still an ongoing investigation with little public details
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Its very complicating, soon i will be able spill my guts, very frustrating that is for sure, we have good kids in Richland
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:59 pm

They will be back next year I firmly believe that, it is a very frustrating ordeal we are going through, truth shall set you free, we have good Kids in Richland
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:04 pm

The news from Richland doesn't sound good tonight.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 am

as President Trump says, FAKE NEWS
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 am

Heard on the radio broadcast last night that this will be Fargo OG's 9th straight appearance in the R1 final. On the other side, it is Wyndmere-Lidgerwood's 1st appearance since becoming a Co-Op 9 years ago. Interesting fact.

Go Warbirds and make the small towns in ND proud.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:06 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Heard on the radio broadcast last night that this will be Fargo OG's 9th straight appearance in the R1 final. On the other side, it is Wyndmere-Lidgerwood's 1st appearance since becoming a Co-Op 9 years ago. Interesting fact.

Go Warbirds and make the small towns in ND proud.

Gross :cry: .........Go Warbirds.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Well the Warbirds did it! 74-67 over Fargo. Congrats to W/L for making the state B. They will represent Region 1 very well
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jack Squad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Glad to see the Warbirds defeat the Fargo Grovers. It's been a good year for those Wyndmere-Lidgerwood boys!
Jack Squad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 am

Had a feeling W-L would show up at the end!!

good Job!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys