Class B Senior Player of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cash » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:12 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:My vote is going to Tony IronHeart from Four Winds, Currently 1 point shy of the Thousand mark!  Too bad he is not going to get that at home.

Lorenz went over that mark last year...

Is that your one-upper?  Cause It was weak! 

lol i could go on and on at how hes the best player in class b just like everyone else has but i dont think we need to say how he is a better overall playe rthen ironheart... ironheart is good but people say the weakness of lorenzes game is scoring and well he scored 1000 points last year... and for it being weak... pretty sure u were trying to make a point on how that is a huge deal...

Lorenz couldn't guard IH.  He will be in the long line of defenders who thought they could!  IronHeart had to pay his dues behind some pretty talented players before him.  They started keeping his record in HS not Grade school. 

I don't remember saying that Lorenz's scoring was his weakness!  i said he couldn't guard IH. (refer to previous paragraph)
Ironheart is a point guard, quick, short, and Lorenz is a post player, who would expect him to guard any good guard?
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 pm

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:
Lorenz couldn't guard IH.  He will be in the long line of defenders who thought they could!  IronHeart had to pay his dues behind some pretty talented players before him.  They started keeping his record in HS not Grade school. 

I don't remember saying that Lorenz's scoring was his weakness!  i said he couldn't guard IH. (refer to previous paragraph)

tony ironheart is a great player. i will give him that, but luke lorenz has guarded better players than ironheart. by the way there is no possible way that tony ironheart could guard luke lorenz. have you ever thought of that?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:My vote is going to Tony IronHeart from Four Winds, Currently 1 point shy of the Thousand mark!  Too bad he is not going to get that at home.

lol i could go on and on at how hes the best player in class b just like everyone else has but i dont think we need to say how he is a better overall playe rthen ironheart... ironheart is good but people say the weakness of lorenzes game is scoring and well he scored 1000 points last year... and for it being weak... pretty sure u were trying to make a point on how that is a huge deal...

Hate to tell you Alum but Lorenz could guard anyone in the state. Class B or A. I'm not saying Ironhart isn't good but Lorenz would shut him down. I'm gonna have to go with bballer2 on this and say Lorenz is the best player in class B, with Bakkum a second. I don't see how scoring 1000 points in your junior season (which Bakkum did also) means you aren't a scorer. Obviously if you scored 1000 in 3 seasons you must be able to score.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:07 pm

Can you name one player Lorenz has shut down and how did he shut him down?  It's easy to say he'd shut down IH but you need to give me examples of other players like IH that he's D'd up. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:12 pm

nativegolfer wrote:Can you name one player Lorenz has shut down and how did he shut him down?  It's easy to say he'd shut down IH but you need to give me examples of other players like IH that he's D'd up. 

Ross Flourhaug.  best scorer in Region 3 last year and Lorenz shut him out first round at state.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:26 pm

nativegolfer wrote:Can you name one player Lorenz has shut down and how did he shut him down?  It's easy to say he'd shut down IH but you need to give me examples of other players like IH that he's D'd up. 

The better question is who hasn't Lorenz shut down. Can you name one player that he hasn't shut down?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

i dint say u did i just said thats what people doubt and iw as stressing that he did score... also i dont believe he played as a 6th grader but i might be wrong lol... actually he dint start til his sophomore season... i think he started on and off his freshman year...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:43 pm

If he's so tough and D is so tough what happened at state last year. Trinity handled him.
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:46 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:If he's so tough and D is so tough what happened at state last year. Trinity handled him.

In a game in which MPCG only scored 32 total points, Baldwin lead with 12 and Lorenz had 10. I didn't say his offense was great, but his defense is 2nd to none.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Who on trinity did he shut down? I didnt see anyone get shut down
NDSUbison!

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:55 pm

lorenz is better than ironheart and it doesnt matter if he could or could not stop ironheart 1 on 1 because he is still a better player in the game of basketball ironheart can score and it seems like thats all he can do but lorenz can score and play defense

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:56 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:Who on trinity did he shut down? I didnt see anyone get shut down

Oh ya, you are right. Trinity put up huge numbers.

Steiner-10
Ernst-9
Rising-7
Smith-4

Ya, really looks like Trinity had an offensive explosion that game. Maybe Lorenz should spend some more time on his defense. He doesn't work hard at all.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 pm

lorenz guarded ernst. ernst was averaging around 25 points a game during the state before lorenz guarded him.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:35 pm

cubsfan wrote:lorenz guarded ernst. ernst was averaging around 25 points a game during the state before lorenz guarded him.

Thank you cubsfan. I wasn't actually sure who he guarded in that game. Look at it like this... Ernst was averaging 25 a game before Lorenz guarded him. Lorenz scored 10 points in that state championship game plus he held Ernst to 14 points less then what he was averaging. That is 24 points that Lorenz counted for when you had up his offense and his defense.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Ernst didn't average 25 a game last year!  I'll have to dig out my state program but I know it wasn't near 25.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:39 pm

cubsfan wrote:lorenz guarded ernst. ernst was averaging around 25 points a game during the state before lorenz guarded him.

Read cubsfan's post again, "ernst was averaging around 25 points a game during the state." I know Ernst wasn't averaging 25 a game during the regular season but during the state tournament I remember he put on a show.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 pm

cdub1 wrote:lorenz is better than ironheart and it doesnt matter if he could or could not stop ironheart 1 on 1 because he is still a better player in the game of basketball ironheart can score and it seems like thats all he can do but lorenz can score and play defense

If you think Ironheart is just a scorer you really need to see the guy play. One of the toughest defenders in class B, I will guarantee that. One of the top play makers in the state, I will guarantee you that also. One of the top scorers, I will guarantee that, too. They guy can play ball, he can score, rebound, dish the ball, and get steals. He's had his team at the B, hes carrying his team on his back and doing a heck of a job at it this year. A team that nobody expected to be any good. For any of you to say that one of the 3(Ironheart, Bakkum, Lorenz) are better than the others, thats a bunch of bull. NONE HAVE PLAYED AGAINST EACH OTHER! I will say Ironheart is one of the top 3 players, no doubt about it. Not saying he is the best, the second best, or the third best because like I said, they havent played each other.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:15 pm

I agree with you NT any of those three are deserving enough to win it. Question about Class B player of year. Do you consider what the Senior has done his whole High School career or just based on Senior year? Cause if you base it on whole career you go with Lorenz if you go by just this year its a pick'em.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 pm

ndfan wrote:I agree with you NT any of those three are deserving enough to win it. Question about Class B player of year. Do you consider what the Senior has done his whole High School career or just based on Senior year? Cause if you base it on whole career you go with Lorenz if you go by just this year its a pick'em.

That is a very good point. Lorenz definately gets it if you take their career. I think they go by career but I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:22 pm

it is an ndhsaa award...it is what they feel is easiest to justify that minute
rep

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Luke Lorenz is by far one of the best defenders i have seen play high-school basketball in ND, period....and are you kidding me with the "who did he shut down on trinity".....that game was won of the best defensive battles in the history of class B. Two great defensive and team orriented coaches doing battle. The 1,000 point mark is a great accomplishment, but there are plenty of players that have done it in the past 5 years that most people on this site have never heard of.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:31 pm

You remember that Lorenz vs Carlblom matchup. Lorenz guarded Carlblom, Carlblom had 8 points. Carlblom has been averaging about 16 this year.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:37 pm

ndfan wrote:I agree with you NT any of those three are deserving enough to win it. Question about Class B player of year. Do you consider what the Senior has done his whole High School career or just based on Senior year? Cause if you base it on whole career you go with Lorenz if you go by just this year its a pick'em.

I would guess its on this year, otherwise they probalby wouldnt name it "player of the year." I say that because not all of the guys are priviledged enough to start for 3 or 4 years. You would have to have a level playing field.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 am

[user=32]NATURAL TALENT[/user] wrote:

I would guess its on this year, otherwise they probalby wouldnt name it "player of the year." I say that because not all of the guys are priviledged enough to start for 3 or 4 years. You would have to have a level playing field.

It probably is for just this year, but I think if it came down to those three and they were very close that coaches would look what they have done in the past because I think its also unfair to players who have played 2 to 4 years to not have that looked at.

Somebody said here "IronHeart had to pay his dues behind some pretty talented players before him. They started keeping his record in HS not Grade school. "

And we all know Lorenz didn't have to pay any dues behind talented players either because we all know Mayville doesn't produce talented basketball players. So yeah everything Lorenz has done has been given to him, he hasn't had to work for it at all. (Hope people can sense the sarcasm)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

I agree, some of these kids played behind some other great players.  You pay your dues!!! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys