Top Sophs

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby threeball » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:01 pm

hows the schmelling kid from south heart doing
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Tommy Dwyer is an absolute stud out of Shiloh. One of the top sophomore guards in the state IMO.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbdad78 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:28 am

Last edited by bbdad78 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbdad78
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDball33 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm

I have to say that Chad Marshall is the best sophmore.  Not only that but he is already one of the top class b players in the state.
NDball33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:44 am

NDball33 wrote:I have to say that Chad Marshall is the best sophmore.  Not only that but he is already one of the top class b players in the state.

I agree with that. Have to put up Malzer up there too.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:35 am

Drew Nash and Jerad Jacobson from Hettinger are both players to keep an eye on.  They have a lot of improving left to do and both have put in 12-20 points in certain games this year.  They just have to get more consistent. 

Alex Wolf didn't even score against Nash when Hettinger played Bowman.
xcolt90

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:38 am

Devon is Darcy's younger brother.  He's got a lot of upside to his game.
xcolt90

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:39 am

Tommy Dwyer is the best point guard I've seen this year.  He reminds me of Steve Nash.  Coach Dwyer has done a great job of teaching him the game.
xcolt90

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:28 pm

bbdad78 wrote:The Baldwin kid from MPCG has been seeing alot of playing time for the Patriots.  He's been playing great defense and his offense is slowly improving with each game.  Another year or so he'll be as good as his older brother.
is this serious or a joke?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:30 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Drew Nash and Jerad Jacobson from Hettinger are both players to keep an eye on.  They have a lot of improving left to do and both have put in 12-20 points in certain games this year.  They just have to get more consistent. 

Alex Wolf didn't even score against Nash when Hettinger played Bowman.

Alex Wolf also barely played because hettinger has too many guards. It's something called "strategy." Is Adam Hill aware of that? I doubt it, he has a hard enough time keeping track of timeouts, haha.
project-pat

Postby ohiostate31 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:39 pm

dillon hewitt is a pretty good ball player. He is carringtons 6 or 7 guy. He is a shut down defender. He held rj darling to 10 points that is pretty good defense.
ohiostate31

Postby lambboy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:48 pm

u cant say drew nash is one of the top sophs in the state. i wouldnt say nash shut wolf down, wolf just got in foul trouble and hardly played because of it. Wolf is much better than nash and he has a better upside to. Wolf threw down two dunks in the first round of districts against belfield. jacobsen is alrite from hettinger, but other good sophs from that district are jake tescher from beach and smith and schmeling from south heart.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:57 pm

lambboy wrote:u cant say drew nash is one of the top sophs in the state. i wouldnt say nash shut wolf down, wolf just got in foul trouble and hardly played because of it. Wolf is much better than nash and he has a better upside to. Wolf threw down two dunks in the first round of districts against belfield. jacobsen is alrite from hettinger, but other good sophs from that district are jake tescher from beach and smith and schmeling from south heart.

Tescher is a good player. Schmelling is just a flat out stud. Kid can ball. Like I said early Tommy Dwyer is extremely tough. IMO he is the best sophomore point guard in the state.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm

xcolt90 is obviously a hettinger player or former player because everyone of his posts is about their studs and how good they are. Jared is pretty good but nash is not tough at all, Wolf will dominate him in the years to come
Last edited by unc2 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:46 pm

Jadon Messer from RT is pretty good too
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:
bbdad78 wrote:The Baldwin kid from MPCG has been seeing alot of playing time for the Patriots.  He's been playing great defense and his offense is slowly improving with each game.  Another year or so he'll be as good as his older brother.

that's what i'm tryin to figure out too.  This Baldwin should not be mention in Best Sophomores topic.  The kid is probably one of the worst sophomores that sees varsity time in the district.  If you your gunna call one out from District 3 lets say Aaron Meyer, Jamie Horne, Karl Hager, Gus Kueber, Rick Morgan. All 5 of those are another level above Dan Baldwin.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 pm

ohiostate31 wrote:dillon hewitt is a pretty good ball player. He is carringtons 6 or 7 guy. He is a shut down defender. He held rj darling to 10 points that is pretty good defense.

hahahhahahahahahahahha
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:03 pm

fruit snack wrote:
ohiostate31 wrote:dillon hewitt is a pretty good ball player. He is carringtons 6 or 7 guy. He is a shut down defender. He held rj darling to 10 points that is pretty good defense.

hahahhahahahahahahahha

i was at that game and i dont recall if he was guarding darling the whole game and plus darling didnt have to score.  i thought they played some zone as a matter of fact but i could be wrong
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

that's what i'm tryin to figure out too.  This Baldwin should not be mention in Best Sophomores topic.  The kid is probably one of the worst sophomores that sees varsity time in the district.  If you your gunna call one out from District 3 lets say Aaron Meyer, Jamie Horne, Karl Hager, Gus Kueber, Rick Morgan. All 5 of those are another level above Dan Baldwin.
yes.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 am

Another name from Region 2 is Jared Zak from Thompson. At the beginning of the year, he wasn't playing at all. but he has since played his way into the lineup and played quite a bit, and played well for the Tommies in the District Tournament.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 am

Region 2 fan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I like the way you think. All Baldwin has is height which he doesn't know how to use, and it isn't enough height to be good without knowing how to play the game. How about Gus Kueber putting up 17 against DP last night? Not too shabby concidering he didn't start till half way through the year.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 am

I have seen Gus play numerous times this year.....that kid is a flat out stud.....he will be very fun to watch over the rest of his career.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I like the way you think. All Baldwin has is height which he doesn't know how to use, and it isn't enough height to be good without knowing how to play the game. How about Gus Kueber putting up 17 against DP last night? Not too shabby concidering he didn't start till half way through the year.
yeah i suppose 0 points and 4 fouls really shows how his offense and defense are improving.  he could turn into a good player but right now he's not even close to "best sophomores".  james baldwin was on varsity as a freshmen (03 undefeated team) and started from his sophomore year on.  he was someone who improved year by year but not his brother dan, i dont see him ever getting close to his older brothers level of play.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 am

web17 wrote:Another name from Region 2 is Jared Zak from Thompson. At the beginning of the year, he wasn't playing at all. but he has since played his way into the lineup and played quite a bit, and played well for the Tommies in the District Tournament.

whatever happened to bryan syrstad for thompson, he was starting in the middle of the year and played well.  he didn't see much district tourny action at all but the time he did go in he got a rebound, steal and basket right before the halftime buzzer in about 1 minute of playing time.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 am

I think that Devon Schmeling from South Heart is going to be a very good player by the time he is done. Right now he struggles with consistency be he is an excellent athlete who does just about everything. Chad Marshall is probably the best soph in the state he does everything and he is more a g/f than he is a big guy.
straightballer

PreviousNext

Return to Boys