dakota prairie

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:48 am

we all know about mpcg, thompson, norther border, and midway minto. does anyone think that curt herman could lead the kinghts to be a state contender?
PA42

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:24 am

No.  Next question. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby AandBfan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:28 am

I think state contender would be a reach but they're a solid team, they'll be in the mix at regions
AandBfan

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:00 am

With Midway-Minto beating Thompson last nite I dont think its far fetched to say DP or anyone else dont have a shot at winning the region. Its way too early to tell.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbbfan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:47 am

i heard midkota beat dakota prairie last night.  anyone have any specifics on that game?
ndbbfan

Postby gamechanger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:48 am

midkota won by 19.  They pretty much dominated the whole game, Harding had 17, Stangeland had 13, dak p. is a good team, but not that good.
Last edited by gamechanger on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:12 am

i still think with so many teams searching for their identity in region 2 dakota prarie has a lot weapons. Seth Nichols is such an athlete. Ross Severson is a really smooth point guard who can flat out shoot the ball. And with Curt Herman they'll be ready play at tournament time. 
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:34 am

Since Dakota Prarie came to Region 2 they havent done much in the tournament
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:52 am

the last time they went to regionals was 2004. They had a really good team, but again coaching was not on their side. The return of curt herman will help a lot.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:08 am

Curt Herman has coached basketball in Region 2 (boys or girls or both) and they haven't made it to state in Region 2
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:23 am

dakota prairie will give four winds fits. i'm not saying that they'll win but they will give em a game just like they did last year.
PA42

Postby Tigger » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:53 am

Mr. Horne98, if you want to go out on a limb asking if a Region 2 team can make it to state, then you are setting yourself up for a slobberknocker.  I know you want to stir things up a bit, but there seem to be several legit teams in Region 2 that don't have the words "Dakota" or "Prarie" in their names.  DP could be a fine club, but I don't think they get into the state discussion by adding Curt Herman.  I'd also be careful about picking against FW at this time of the year because it seems that they can light things up against everyone short of the elite defenses in the state.  If you're just looking to stir the pot, you're doing a good job.
Last edited by Tigger on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:47 am

dp is adding so much more than a coach. they're adding discipline. What if Dave Nelson went to Thompson?
PA42

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 am

Wow Dakota Prairie has turned out to be the suprise team in the district and region. I think tonight will be a battle.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 am

horne98 wrote:dp is adding so much more than a coach. they're adding discipline. What if Dave Nelson went to Thompson?

I don't think it would change Thompson that much if Dave Nelson went and coached for them. To me, it seems like Hegg is the disciplining type of coach. I think the players need to allow themselves to be more disciplined in Thompson. Dakota Prairie is a good team, Nichols is solid, and it will be a good game tonight, but I feel Mayville will come out with a double digit win, and i also think that DP doesn't have any chance at all for state.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:35 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
horne98 wrote:dp is adding so much more than a coach. they're adding discipline. What if Dave Nelson went to Thompson?

I don't think it would change Thompson that much if Dave Nelson went and coached for them. To me, it seems like Hegg is the disciplining type of coach. I think the players need to allow themselves to be more disciplined in Thompson. Dakota Prairie is a good team, Nichols is solid, and it will be a good game tonight, but I feel Mayville will come out with a double digit win, and i also think that DP doesn't have any chance at all for state.

I see where you are coming but i disagree. Hegg coaches with emotion. if his guys are not playing well he screams, if they are playing well he gets cocky, and when the refs are bad he gets technicals. He is nothing like Dave Nelson. There is no question thompson had the talent to go to state last season. MPCG is my pick but the top four teams in the district have a chance at state. Dakota prairie out played hatton-northwood larimore, and thompson as well.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 am

horne98 wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:

I see where you are coming but i disagree. Hegg coaches with emotion. if his guys are not playing well he screams, if they are playing well he gets cocky, and when the refs are bad he gets technicals. He is nothing like Dave Nelson. There is no question thompson had the talent to go to state last season. MPCG is my pick but the top four teams in the district have a chance at state. Dakota prairie out played hatton-northwood larimore, and thompson as well.

I will agree with that. Hegg is not afraid to use is voice. I never said he was like Dave Nelson though. I just think he does try to discipline his team. When I played, there was 2 kinds of coaches that I liked. I liked the ones that were always smiling and never got mad at anything and were full of encouragement. The other kind is the fiery coaches. The ones who yelled at you when you do something wrong, the ones that push you to do better, and the ones who stick up for you on bad calls. I think a technical foul from the coach can really spark a team into playing better. I would say Dave Nelson is a better coach, but I don't think he would make a gigantic impact on Thompson. And when you opened the topic, you can't say mpcg, thompson, north border, and midway-minto without saying Hatton-Northwood and Grafton. Hatton-Northwood has beat Thompson 2 times, and split with Mayville. And Grafton has been strong the whole year. Those 2 teams should be known as good teams in the region too.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:26 am

Herman may end up deverving a bit more credit come tournament time. Lately he's been doing a lot of unit-subbing, like a hockey team or something.
Maybe to make it tough to scout them?
You look at their three main scoring options in Nichols, Severson and Frederick and think that if nothing else they should be a region threat next year with a ll three back, but I heard Curt coaching was a 1-year situation.

P.S. I like Grafton in this region
Last edited by Photo-man-Bob on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:44 am

at the time there was a topic about thompson and mayville. And everyone was talking about and mayville and north border. Both Hatton-northwood and grafton is worthy of mention.
PA42

Postby ace » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 am

gamechanger wrote:midkota won by 19.  They pretty much dominated the whole game, Harding had 17, Stangeland had 13, dak p. is a good team, but not that good.

midkota is probably the 3rd or 4th seed in district 7 ..... has dakota prairie been improving lately because if they havent i dont no how they could make it to state... unless its a real weak region
ace
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys