Region 1 Tourney Sites

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 1 Tourney Sites

Postby wem » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 am

I know I will get beat up on this topic, but like always, I don't care.
I was at Sheels arena last year for Boys Region 1, at SHAC 2 weeks ago for girls Region 1, and at NDSCS in Wop a few days ago. There is no comparison between sites when you consider atmosphere, parking, friendly staff, etc. Wahpeton is the place.
Sheels arena was ok, but parking was horrible, you had to pay for parking if wanted to be anywhere close, and its too big to create good atmosphere. Its a hockey arena.
The SHAC is a palace, and they treat it as such. Parking was ok, ushers(that's what I will call them cause that's the high class arena they want)thought that they were the police. That's fine for D-1, but I hate when that attitude comes into high school sports. I'm sure Oak Grove loved it cause its there taste, and that's what they expect. For a high school region 1 tourney it sucked. NDSU treated like they were doin Region 1 a favor.
One more thing, If I would have heard the announcement one more time of no confetti or toilet paper allowed on the court due to it being horrible to pick up at the SHAC, I think I would have gone crazy. Did they think it was goin to be used toilet paper, and isn't that a normal part of celebrating. Never heard that announcement once in Wop.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys