2016 All-State Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby theoldman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:07 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Just a reminder that the coaches are putting together an actual team that is going to have to compete in an actual game. It is an absolute honor for the players but it is not necessarily the 12 best players as they have to put the right pieces together. For example if the 8 best players in the state were all posts or all were guards, they probably aren't all going to make the team. I have never seen the kid play so I wouldn't dare to weigh in on whether he should have been selected or not. However, points scored over a career is not necessarily a hard requirement for inclusion in this game as we all know there are a lot of variables that impact how many points a player scores over a career. My last point is I am more apt to trust a group of coaches to pick a group of players than members of the media but again they are using a different set of criteria for different purposes.

Not trying to start a fight but I agree with Schwab. Points alone does not matter, but a 2000 point scorer who was also a second team all-state pick as a junior and first team as senior just seems odd to me that he is not on the team. It really makes no difference to me jsut curious how many first teamers have been left off the Lions roster because there are too many players on the team at the position they play.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby LandonLP5 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Connor Entzi from Edgeley in my mind was better than Drew Thielges from LaMoure. Entzi should have won District 5 senior athlete of the year.
LandonLP5
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys